Why is there still nothing like Artificial Academy 2?

thatisthecase

Jul 2, 2019
Illusion probably won't make something like that again but I'm surprised no one here try making something like it. You don't have to make animations or even CGs, I'm fine with text based.
I like AA2 but it still lacks a lot of content even with mods and it needs a bit more dynamic too.

For people who don't know, a game like AA2 means:
- You can create new characters and add them to the game
- The character's personality should be customizable.
- Each character should have stats for their abilities and feeling towards all other characters not just the MC.
- All characters can interact with each other, and their interactions should be random (but not totally random)

So bad my English isn't good enough to make a game like that but I think it will be a popular, or at least, a very unique game.

Reactions: Toweke

DonTaco

Compensating for length
Game Developer
Feb 25, 2021
That game is so fucking good, If I ever get crazy good at programing I'll try to make one.

Krakk3n

Jan 18, 2020
Because you are just looking at reward. But you are neglecting the amount of resources the game of that quality will require. And the risk that the dev will have to take to make a product which might not even be even as popular as AA2. And btw , you know there was an attempt at recreating something like that with HHS. but that is also very repetitive and boring which is only the VN part or simulation part of it. When it comes to animation part , Illusion already had number of animation resources at their hand because of their previous games. Making it much easier for them . I would say no one ever can recreate something like that starting from scratch with the kind of funding games here receive. Remember this is a piracy site. All you get is donations. Only a commercial product can beat a commercial product like AA2.

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Согласен с тем что игра довольно хорошо сделана в плане взаимодействие персонажей и настраиваемой личности, а не только внешности. Своими силами думаю возможно сделать только VN с максимальном значением переменных которые будут в игре. Ну или огромный выбор в начале для настройки личности персонажа, что любит, что не любит, как к кому относиться. Не имея навыков в сложном программирование это вполне просто сделать, главное потом по ходу сюжета придётся писать различные варианты действий что бы соответствовал нужному выбору. Как бы сложно это не звучало, но понадобиться всего два - три варианта основных для обычной истории и только когда будет персонаж доходить до какого то момента где важен выбор который настроен, вот тогда и нужны будут различные варианты.

I agree that the game is pretty well done in terms of character interaction and customizable personality, not just looks. On my own, I think it is possible to make only VN with the maximum value of the variables that will be in the game. Well, or a huge choice at the beginning to customize the character's personality, what he likes, what he doesn't like, how to relate to whom. Without skills in complex programming, this is quite easy to do, the main thing is that later in the course of the plot you will have to write various options for actions that would correspond to the desired choice. No matter how difficult it may sound, but you only need two or three options for the main ones for a normal story, and only when the character reaches a certain point where the choice that is set is important, then different options will be needed.

Jofur

May 22, 2018
I've been toying with making a text based AA2 inspired game set in Hogwarts. Always thought that setting had a lot of lewd potential with all the spells, potions and creatures. None of the HP games I've played have really utalized the magic setting all that well.

Still, it's a huge amount of work. Even with it only being text based. Lots of systems that need to be created, espeically the simulation aspect. Not just for character interactions but the actual erotic content itself.

thatisthecase

Jul 2, 2019
Because you are just looking at reward. But you are neglecting the amount of resources the game of that quality will require. And the risk that the dev will have to take to make a product which might not even be even as popular as AA2. And btw , you know there was an attempt at recreating something like that with HHS. but that is also very repetitive and boring which is only the VN part or simulation part of it. When it comes to animation part , Illusion already had number of animation resources at their hand because of their previous games. Making it much easier for them . I would say no one ever can recreate something like that starting from scratch with the kind of funding games here receive. Remember this is a piracy site. All you get is donations. Only a commercial product can beat a commercial product like AA2.
I don't think animation is necessary. A text based game with some still images is fine.
I think Unholy Arts has some potential since it has random NPC to NPC interactions. Although it still has an MC and still focuses on scripted content.

The unique thing about AA2 is that it doesn't really has an MC. Yes, it requires a lot of work to create something like that but you won't have to write the story for the game, each playthrough will have its own story.