• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why don't Japanese Dev Translate their H games ?

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
as shown in my question why don't they do it ? and why H studios who their games take soo long for each game i mean there are tons of great G games for Japanese too bad that we won't get them i mean didn't the Jap devs noticed the Rise of people who love these games other than in the japan ?

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Very simple reason, same as you. Do you know japanese so that you can translate games efficiently? The same goes for them, they barely write anything in english, because they dont know or is very bad with it. That would be my guess. Not sure how it really is.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
moreshamefurdispray.png

practically everything that makes it out of Japan goes through China where it is translated into other languages

Japan loses billions of dollars annually, from their refusal to translate into English.

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
The same reason we don't translate our games in japanese: we don't speak the language or we don't care to cater to their market.

Reactions: Amanda Carter

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
Think like this; After they translate the game, they also need to find a Western publisher to publish it at USA&EU, they need to have an English website&forum, they need to have english speaking persons to check for the bug reports etc. This means the cost of making the game will become much higher, most of these studios are very small, only 2-3 person is working for them and they use part-time workers. And how many game will they sell to western audience? 1.000 at most. So if they don't go for a Steam release, there will be no traduction.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Among the reasons listed prior(money and lack of people who actually speak fluent English), there is also the factor that publishers simply do not care about western markets and many have a fear that if they get too involved with western markets we will try to influence Japanese otaku culture.(which going by the SJWs on Funimation and Anime News Network, may not be far from the truth)