• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why does Summertime saga has more patrons than Badik ?

HWK1590

Feb 9, 2022
Funnily enough, I first discovered 3DCG visual novels because I came across BAD on Steam, and then from there I realized there was a whole wide world of that sort of games out there. It's possible the opposite could be true, and having something on Steam is good advertising to bring more "mainstream" gamers into the genre.
Similar story but different game as I discovered the genre via an ad on Steam for College Kings. Tried the free first Act and quickly bought the following Acts on Steam followed by BaD. Never would have even known the genre really existed if it wasn't for the games being on Steam. I knew about the Japanese and anime-style ones but didn't know there were ones done with a more Western 3D visual style, which I prefer. So Steam is the entire reason I discovered the genre and, by extension, this very web site.

Reactions: UpAfterTen