• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Why does my rpgm games I downloaded keep getting deleted??

Jagaimo_doro

Apr 20, 2021
I always keep downloading rpgm games and none of them work, all because my computer deletes them. What do I need to do? And how do I play them?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I always keep downloading rpgm games and none of them work, all because my computer deletes them.
A computer is not sapiens, it will not delete something unless it's explicitly asked to.

While I found it strange that an anti-virus would match all RPG Maker games, it's the first possible culprit. It surely don't act silently, you should at least have a warning window that pop-up. At worse, look at it's logs.

The other possibility is a lack of rights. You're trying to extract the game in a directory without having the rights to write on this directory. But once again it shouldn't be something silent, you should be warned that you don't have the correct rights. Try with another directory.

There's also a possible wrong use of the archive. Windows treating zip files as folders is probably the worse innovation ever. So, do you really extract the content of the archive ?

And by the way, what do you mean by "delete them" ? Do you the directory disappear ? Is it the files ? Or do you have a dialog box telling you that there's missing files ?

Jagaimo_doro

Apr 20, 2021
A computer is not sapiens, it will not delete something unless it's explicitly asked to.

While I found it strange that an anti-virus would match all RPG Maker games, it's the first possible culprit. It surely don't act silently, you should at least have a warning window that pop-up. At worse, look at it's logs.

The other possibility is a lack of rights. You're trying to extract the game in a directory without having the rights to write on this directory. But once again it shouldn't be something silent, you should be warned that you don't have the correct rights. Try with another directory.

There's also a possible wrong use of the archive. Windows treating zip files as folders is probably the worse innovation ever. So, do you really extract the content of the archive ?

And by the way, what do you mean by "delete them" ? Do you the directory disappear ? Is it the files ? Or do you have a dialog box telling you that there's missing files ?
Well whenever I try to click or try a locale on them (Yes I already set my computer's locale to Japanese) some rpgs work but overtime it would crash and some of the files are gone. Sometimes the exe disappeared also, so it made me unable to play them. Most of the time I wouldn't be able to play at all.

For extracting, I think so? I use winrar to extract them, sometimes 7zip. It'll show all of the files but like I said, it wouldn't work and some files will disappear.

I'm sorry if you can't understand anything. English isn't really my strong suit

Nov 27, 2018
Try this to check if it's your disk acting up or dying:

If you're playing from an external drive, see if the USB cable is damaged (that is, replace it with a new one).