• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why does every story start with dead parents?

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Tolkien wrote a book about a several people, and some fantasy races, travelling around fighting Orcs while 2 tiny people travelled with something that looked like my sisters ex after a drunken one night stand while they went to throw a magic invisibility ring into a fucking volcano.....

I doubt Tolkien ever did any of that IRL.
I know of a woman who wrote a book about a Wizard, who's mum and dad both died and he had to start a new life with his aunt, uncle and cousin.;) As far as I know J K Rowling has never studied magic.:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Cryswar

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
two reasons: 1) you don't write for characters you have zero use for (usually the dad), and 2) it's an easy way to give the mc emotional baggage right from the character introduction.

Reactions: Ying Ko and F4C430

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
Tolkien wrote a book about a several people, and some fantasy races, travelling around fighting Orcs while 2 tiny people travelled with something that looked like my sisters ex after a drunken one night stand while they went to throw a magic invisibility ring into a fucking volcano.....

I doubt Tolkien ever did any of that IRL.
I'm sorry .... it's not a secret that in the world of talented writers > Tolkien is considered close to absolute zero. And it's visible by the fact how hard is to read his stuff. Even for not much educated readers is obvious he is NOT a good writer. The fame he made ... and the celebrity status came from totally different aspect and fascination of his current fandom.

But that only proves my point ...

anyways ... who cares ...
the last few talented people worked for Hustler back in the days ...
Now there nothing cool and sexy anymore. Unless one considers the shades of gray bullshit as something huge. But then ... one have to be a retard!

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Easiest way out? It doesn't require any extra time for actual story writing. Similar thing happened to SW sequels
oh that idea was used milion times before? it's going to be fine
It is mind-boggling tbh, there are soo many books, movies and shows and all u need to do is copy and paste. Imagine what would happen if someone would mixed couple ideas
Lord save us all from those vile thoughts
Being lazy and coping others cuz it's safe has no excuse in my eyes

Reactions: uhhhok

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
title is wrong, should be dead father.
simple:
to allow the MC to have his way with the mother, since people seems to enjoy incest and milf.
but also to avoid that weak people to feel bad when the father is having a sexual relationship with his wife.
people are terrified that any woman in the game are fucked by someone except the MC.
that is why a lot of games the father is dead and theres no brother (at least not living in the same place)

summarize:
people want: incest, milf, harem and only 1 dude, the MC.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
title is wrong, should be dead father.
simple:
to allow the MC to have his way with the mother, since people seems to enjoy incest and milf.
but also to avoid that weak people to feel bad when the father is having a sexual relationship with his wife.
people are terrified that any woman in the game are fucked by someone except the MC.
that is why a lot of games the father is dead and theres no brother (at least not living in the same place)

summarize:
people want: incest, milf, harem and only 1 dude, the MC.
Hey its not what we want.. i mean.. if dad had moved on... the son should take care of the family now...

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Trying to make us pity the mc and then get excited when he fucks a bunch of chicks like thats his reward for having dead parents lool

Hentai_Kishi

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe the story starts with dead parent's because they somewhat limit the character in the plot. In the case of the father it's clear that if the story is an incest harem one the presence of a father will disrupt things. If both parent's are gone it's an excuse for the character to experiment the world and live some sort of adventure, I don't know if it was Brandon Sanderson or another writer who said precisely something like this. Authors normally omit or kill the parent's so the characters can explore and decide their life without the advice or judgement of family, in the world of games where player choice is important parents are distant or maybe they are present but don't really take interest in the lives of their sons and daughters. Interestingly this seems to be true to some degree not only for erotic games but also for all media.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Maybe the story starts with dead parent's because they somewhat limit the character in the plot. In the case of the father it's clear that if the story is an incest harem one the presence of a father will disrupt things. If both parent's are gone it's an excuse for the character to experiment the world and live some sort of adventure, I don't know if it was Brandon Sanderson or another writer who said precisely something like this. Authors normally omit or kill the parent's so the characters can explore and decide their life without the advice or judgement of family, in the world of games where player choice is important parents are distant or maybe they are present but don't really take interest in the lives of their sons and daughters. Interestingly this seems to be true to some degree not only for erotic games but also for all media.
If they are not important to the story, it's just normal for them to be completely omitted. There's no point on showing the MC calling her parents every now and then just to say hi, just as no one ever describes how characters go to the toilet once a day unless something important happens while in there (or this is a scat game).

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
just as no one ever describes how characters go to the toilet once a day
for some reason we're instead subjected to the mc waking up in his bed, looking at his crotch every single morning. then going to take a shower where we again stare at his dick. nothing else can happen before we have clicked through these crucial steps every morning.

bonus points if we also have to click through him opening the door of his room.

• Haha
Reactions: moskyx and Cryswar

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Because it was easy....

Full functional normal family means, you have to create at least 4 characters and full house and cannot use for anything.

Kill father add sister, bang now you got 4 chars in a house which you can create sexual scenes. You don't need anything else for start.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I killed the father on my (still very early on development) game's plot, but also it's a gay game, so no sex with the mom either. Obviously, the father's death actually have a reason explained later.

Of course, the mom's boyfriend may not have that luck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: woody554