Why Do You Like Mind Control?

Food_Court

May 27, 2018
For the longest time i never understood why people were into Mind Control. It just seemed boring as hell to me, if all of life's trials could be answered with a wave of the hand, And you could have sex anytime you want then where's the fun and challenge in that?

I could see a case for mind control where the victim still has full consciousness or where the powers come off more as subtle suggestions instead of absolute control. But i dislike when it's just robots that can only say Yes Master and nothing else. I don't need an echo

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
It seems more likely that I could mind control someone into having sex with me then actually coercing them. So it's easier for me to immerse myself in the fantasy that this character or person I'm mind controlling.

In addition, it borders the domination realm. The idea that suddenly when you're mind controlling an otherwise unbeknownst or innocent person into commiting sexual acts they otherwise wouldn't. It's exciting and fun to think about, and I think it's common fantasy among people.

nikxxx

Jun 9, 2018
It seems more likely that I could mind control someone into having sex with me then actually coercing them. So it's easier for me to immerse myself in the fantasy that this character or person I'm mind controlling.

In addition, it borders the domination realm. The idea that suddenly when you're mind controlling an otherwise unbeknownst or innocent person into commiting sexual acts they otherwise wouldn't. It's exciting and fun to think about, and I think it's common fantasy among people.
It is definitely one of my fantasies. I think I had it the moment I was a little older and realised how cool professors Xavier’s power was compared to other x men (when I was a child I was like meh..).

The fantasy of mind control apart from being exciting and fun the other aspects which I like about it is that your the one who is in absolute control. Even though we can say that blackmail,coercion and mind control are same on the principle that you are having sex with an individual against there will, mind control imo is much better because I feel that it’s less guilt inciting compared to other forms.

So for me the excitement,fun, domination, control and lesser guilt are the aspect which make me like mind control. (Not that I don’t like the other fantasies but if I have to pick between mind control and above mentioned I would go for mind control)

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I don't really like it but on the other hand I don't have an issue with it. Kinda cheapens the experience if you have to drug them or bend their minds somehow.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I avoid games with the mind control tag (and also sleep sex tag) because what turns me on is when I feel the woman is attracted to me. Brainwashing is of no interest to me. I do like domination (in real life as well) but only when I feel she has a submissive personality.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
People often ask me... "polywog, why are you so successful in everything you do?" It all boils down to faith.
Some people out there don't believe in God, or they have misplaced their faith in false gods.
I don't doubt my own existence, and i'm not about to bow to someone else.

I don't ask to be worshiped, i'm not wrathful, I don't rain fire down upon non-believers, I just am, and my will be done.

I don't need drugs, alcohol, or magic potions to control people around me, they just naturally recognize my glory and bend to my will automatically.

Last edited:

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
People often ask me... "polywog, why are you so successful in everything you do?" It all boils down to faith.
Some people out there don't believe in God, or they have misplaced their faith in false gods.
I don't doubt my own existence, and i'm not about to bow to someone else.

I don't ask to be worshiped, i'm not wrathful, I don't rain fire down upon non-believers, I just am, and my will be done.

I don't need drugs, alcohol, or magic potions to control people around me, they just naturally recognize my glory and bend to my will automatically.
I've always wondered why I had such a natural attraction to your presence on the forums. It all makes sense now.

Deleted member 1706148

Oct 12, 2019
I avoid games with the mind control tag (and also sleep sex tag) because what turns me on is when I feel the woman is attracted to me. Brainwashing is of no interest to me. I do like domination (in real life as well) but only when I feel she has a submissive personality.
U mean her dominating u or the other way around? cause personally, i like breaking high & mighty girls more than the submissive ones.

Going back to the topic, i don't really fancy mind control/brainwashing cause it really feels fake as to compare to slowly corrupting & ultimately breaking her into someone who can't live w/o u anymore (drugged or not).

Reactions: rKnight

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Most people that like mind control what they truly like is the control/domination they get over a character. However it can be taken outside of that to make fairly interesting storylines:

-Games in which you aren't the only one with mind control powers, having rivals to defeat before you finally conquer the place. This is for example partially done in "A spell for all".

-Games in which using your powers while they give you benefits they actually give you penalties too, for example if our power came from a succubus she would drain our experience each time we use our powers or she would influence us in some way.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
U mean her dominating u or the other way around? cause personally, i like breaking high & mighty girls more than the submissive ones.
I do mean me dominating her. I guess I understand the attraction in breaking high & mighty girls as you put it but I just dislike those types of characters and I usually avoid their routes.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For the most part, I don't like mind control. It just comes off as lazyness to me. Mind control is basically a win button. No effort required. Mind control, I win. Done. Boring. That sort of power better come with some absolutely huge downsides or it just completely breaks the story.

If the mechanics involved make it work more like a little extra nudge and you still have to work for it then I don't mind as much. If I can walk up to someone and instantly make them my slave though, I see zero appeal in that. I can still enjoy games that have mind control, but to me it's a bug not a feature. I like Superpowered for instance, but Mind Control is completely overpowered. At least it's a superhero game so superpowers make sense to the story, but it makes things too easy.

One way that it does make a bit more sense to me is if you make the mind control process itself something pretty involved. You have to find out all sorts of info about the target and put a ton of effort and preparation in for it to work otherwise it doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

fnvx2z1

Feb 8, 2019
I don’t like to suspend disbelief, so I usually dislike any type of entertainment (games, movies, novels) with mind control, magic, or characters with super powers. I associate the concept of super powers with lazy writing. People or animals don’t have super powers, they have abilities. Cheetahs don’t have powers because they’re able to run over 70mph. I like writers that use plausible science fiction to explain things like mind control. It’s something that already exist in nature ( ), and we have the ability to do it with , so it’s reasonable to assume that nanotechnology / cybernetics will eventually give us the ability to hack a person’s brain and control their motor functions.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
The question is "why do you like mind control?" and I see many people talking about why they don't like mind control and making judgment calls about these games when they don't even play them, I mean at least give some examples. People are saying it makes things too easy and breaks suspension of disbelief but that happens in games without mind control all the time and it's IMO even more ridiculous if you think about it seriously. Mind control is not about getting girls to fuck you, that happens in every game here and sometimes way more easily (and unsatisfyingly) than any form of mind control, I mean you have mothers falling in love because you did some house chores, sisters take one look at your horse dick and that's all they can think about, the friends of your sister fall for you just because you exist, as if no other male is present in the world, you have entire hotels or mansions full of girls exclusively in love with you without asking anything in return and just waiting in their rooms waiting for you to come over and fuck them if you have any energy left after fucking every other girl in the building, it's all very ridiculous. Don't dismiss something as lazy writing or shortcut or inferior if it's not your thing or you haven't even tried it because you have your own ideas how it works, there are poor implementations of course but that's true for everything, don't judge based on the worst of the games available.

There are many types of games with mind control elements with various types of mind control mechanisms and the way they are implemented. Games are tagged with it even if you are not the one doing it, or even if it forms a small part of the game. In mind control it's all about what you do with it or what are its ramifications, it's a tool that allows you to see and experience things that are not possible without it, or at least very difficult. And also most of the time mind control is not the main or only drawing factor of the game, it has a lot more going on in terms of story, characters, setting, and content. Some themes involved include corruption, degradation, domination, control, slavery, and many other darker themes which are easier to explore using mind control.

I also dislike poorly done mind control and it's not I play them exclusively or it's my favorite fetish but I have found myself enjoying many of them. I have personally found stereotypical mind control where you just use you gimmick or power once and they are brainwashed or your slaves just like that are a rarity, you usually have to work up to it which can sometimes actually be chore, otherwise it won't be much of a game, it's not a hentai manga. I have dropped many where it's too easy, for example I started Overwhored and from the start you are powerful darklord and you have slaves who just start having sex with you in the first scene and I closed the game because it wasn't doing anything for me, I won't say it's a bad game though, I didn't even get past the first scene.

I'm finding it difficult to narrow down what exactly makes me like them so I'm giving here some examples of different types of games with mind control, what they are about, and different ways mind control is used, I hope it comes across why I like them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know all of these have flaws, some big some small, and you can nitpick it to death, but there are no perfect games that are tailored to exactly what you want so you learn to ignore some iffy parts and compromise to enjoy what they offer which is not something that other games provide. There is a lot of variety here so I think it's unfair to dismiss it all in blanket statements without giving it a try. I know most people here have mentioned some exceptions like this and this type of mind control is fine, but it creates the illusion that most are just trash which is not true, at least it's no different than what is true for all games in general from what I've seen.

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
While I do enjoy mind control, I don't like the "robot slave" version of it either. I just want it to be the nudge my sister/whoever needs, to step across limits she normally wouldn't. I want her personality intact.
If I play a game where I can command a girl to do anything, I will accept it only if she retains her personality and is fully concious of what is happening and actively protesting/resisting it. Still, the first version is far superior.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The question is "why do you like mind control?" and I see many people talking about why they don't like mind control and making judgment calls about these games when they don't even play them, I mean at least give some examples. People are saying it makes things too easy and breaks suspension of disbelief but that happens in games without mind control all the time and it's IMO even more ridiculous if you think about it seriously. Mind control is not about getting girls to fuck you, that happens in every game here and sometimes way more easily (and unsatisfyingly) than any form of mind control, I mean you have mothers falling in love because you did some house chores, sisters take one look at your horse dick and that's all they can think about, the friends of your sister fall for you just because you exist, as if no other male is present in the world, you have entire hotels or mansions full of girls exclusively in love with you without asking anything in return and just waiting in their rooms waiting for you to come over and fuck them if you have any energy left after fucking every other girl in the building, it's all very ridiculous. Don't dismiss something as lazy writing or shortcut or inferior if it's not your thing or you haven't even tried it because you have your own ideas how it works, there are poor implementations of course but that's true for everything, don't judge based on the worst of the games available.

There are many types of games with mind control elements with various types of mind control mechanisms and the way they are implemented. Games are tagged with it even if you are not the one doing it, or even if it forms a small part of the game. In mind control it's all about what you do with it or what are its ramifications, it's a tool that allows you to see and experience things that are not possible without it, or at least very difficult. And also most of the time mind control is not the main or only drawing factor of the game, it has a lot more going on in terms of story, characters, setting, and content. Some themes involved include corruption, degradation, domination, control, slavery, and many other darker themes which are easier to explore using mind control.

I also dislike poorly done mind control and it's not I play them exclusively or it's my favorite fetish but I have found myself enjoying many of them. I have personally found stereotypical mind control where you just use you gimmick or power once and they are brainwashed or your slaves just like that are a rarity, you usually have to work up to it which can sometimes actually be chore, otherwise it won't be much of a game, it's not a hentai manga. I have dropped many where it's too easy, for example I started Overwhored and from the start you are powerful darklord and you have slaves who just start having sex with you in the first scene and I closed the game because it wasn't doing anything for me, I won't say it's a bad game though, I didn't even get past the first scene.

I'm finding it difficult to narrow down what exactly makes me like them so I'm giving here some examples of different types of games with mind control, what they are about, and different ways mind control is used, I hope it comes across why I like them.

I know all of these have flaws, some big some small, and you can nitpick it to death, but there are no perfect games that are tailored to exactly what you want so you learn to ignore some iffy parts and compromise to enjoy what they offer which is not something that other games provide. There is a lot of variety here so I think it's unfair to dismiss it all in blanket statements without giving it a try. I know most people here have mentioned some exceptions like this and this type of mind control is fine, but it creates the illusion that most are just trash which is not true, at least it's no different than what is true for all games in general from what I've seen.
The biggest issue I see with mind control games, is disbelief. Players ask "how do these pills work?"

a) Pills that you take yourself, can only work on you.
b) Pills that you give to others, work on the person you give the pill to.

Doesn't have to be pills, it could be an amulet, spell, potion, etc.

The player needs to understand the basic premise.

When you drink the love potion, it makes you irresistible to the first person who lays eyes on you....
When you cast the spell, or give her the pill, it wipes her memory of her current boyfriend, which leaves a void and makes her desperate to fill it.

Like when you take your pet to "dog training" it's not the dog who's the student, it's the owner being trained. You have to teach the player how it works. You don't have to get all technical with the chemistry and physics (though it can't hurt)
Aspirin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, it makes your brain swelling go away.... doesn't fix the real underlying problem causing your headache, but it makes it more tolerable temporarily. Point being, it wears off.
The player needs to know these things. He could have a girl doped up one minute, and the next she's hashtagging metoo.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Maybe it's popular for the folks who can't imagine they can 'get the girl' without assistance? Incel city! :ROFLMAO:

Realistically, Mind control has nothing to do with sexuality. It's a power thing, which *can* be sexy to some. For those wimps lacking control in their lives, or for those who simply find power an aphrodisiac. It's also a much more 'mild' form of domination since it is more subtle than other forms which tend to be aggressive (as in BSDM).

But Mind control in a game has huge benefits for lazy writers. It is an easy mechanism to 'gameify' the sexual achievement levels. So that makes it very attractive to use within a game, regardless of other considerations. It's a perfect (lazy) game tool.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
But Mind control in a game has huge benefits for lazy writers. It is an easy mechanism to 'gameify' the sexual achievement levels. So that makes it very attractive to use within a game, regardless of other considerations. It's a perfect (lazy) game tool.
Yes, it can be used by lazy writers to justify any nonsense, however it can be quite fun too if it's well developed. I like for example A spell for all, while not perfect and quite unsatisfying for me on the rivals aspects it kind of shows what I would like to see in mind control. A game in which you aren't the only one with powers, that if you aren't careful you may fail and be controlled, I like that sense of competing to control the city.

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
Maybe it's popular for the folks who can't imagine they can 'get the girl' without assistance? Incel city! :ROFLMAO:

Realistically, Mind control has nothing to do with sexuality. It's a power thing, which *can* be sexy to some. For those wimps lacking control in their lives, or for those who simply find power an aphrodisiac. It's also a much more 'mild' form of domination since it is more subtle than other forms which tend to be aggressive (as in BSDM).

I don't know if this is satire or you're just completely unfamiliar with the premise of fetishes or fantasies.

Is incest for all the incels who can't fuck their moms? Is porn just for incels who can't get pussy? Like what are you even saying?

I also doubt any creators thought, "Hm, I don't know how to gamify sex in a sex game, so let me just add mind control.".

Reactions: Iramis

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
The biggest issue I see with mind control games, is disbelief. Players ask "how do these pills work?"

a) Pills that you take yourself, can only work on you.
b) Pills that you give to others, work on the person you give the pill to.

Doesn't have to be pills, it could be an amulet, spell, potion, etc.

The player needs to understand the basic premise.

When you drink the love potion, it makes you irresistible to the first person who lays eyes on you....
When you cast the spell, or give her the pill, it wipes her memory of her current boyfriend, which leaves a void and makes her desperate to fill it.

Like when you take your pet to "dog training" it's not the dog who's the student, it's the owner being trained. You have to teach the player how it works. You don't have to get all technical with the chemistry and physics (though it can't hurt)
Aspirin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, it makes your brain swelling go away.... doesn't fix the real underlying problem causing your headache, but it makes it more tolerable temporarily. Point being, it wears off.
The player needs to know these things. He could have a girl doped up one minute, and the next she's hashtagging metoo.
Hmm, valid point, if the player does not buy the system or thinks it's too convenient/easy then it's hard to get invested, but on the other hand, if the creator gets way too technical and exposition heavy it could also get boring and cause the player to check out of the explanation and later on be confused by what's going on, and also it might lock the creator within their own rules and if they do not have the required writing skill yet they may get locked in a corner without the ability to provide the content they wish to. I think sort of apply here, if you are into fantasy books you probably get it.

I would also like to point out that the suspension of disbelief is sort of related to how interested you are in the game, this is especially true for more niche themes. If someone is really into furry then they would probably try out all the ones available and enjoy what they have since there is not a lot of it, they can't afford to be too picky (just an example btw I'm not especially into furry games so not speaking from experience). If someone wants to enjoy mind control games with a specific type of content then they might be limited by options as there are many different types. I think there are many conveniences in corrupting Kingdoms in the beginning but I like rest of the content so I just push at back and enjoy rest of the game.

That's one point, another point is sometimes explanations are provided and sometimes you can fill in the gaps with your own headcannon if you so desire and what you think of in your head is most of the time better than what explanation the creator provides (think about midichlorians in Star wars), this is of course upto the individual. An example is The Company, you give someone a serum and they blank out for a moment and are very susceptible to anything said to them for a small amount of time which goes in their subconscious mind and changes their personality, if you want to know a simple suggestion can do that watch Inception by Christopher Nolan, it's the same basic Idea I think, both seem ridiculous from a realistic point of view but you just have to take that leap of logic to buy into it and enjoy. Also take example of Corruption, it uses Serums but they are more like magic potions, and they are made (if I remember correctly) from your semen, which explains why the girls are only submissive to you. You give them many serums and over time it accumulates in their body, goes in their brain and makes them more depraved and submissive to you due to the magic, it's not explained like this in words but that's the idea. Whether you are willing to believe it or not is up to you and your personal preference.

I would also like to mention Sanderson's Zeroth Law, "Always err on the side of Awesome". If a creator tries to please everyone and bring about more realism or detailed explanations and rules and limitations and messes up, it can cause the game to lose it's "awesomeness" basically the fun factor and charm which is the main draw for the target audience so they probably don't want to risk it, and just keep it simple.

And It's totally ok not to enjoy certain types of games, different people like different themes and value different aspects of games, although I get the desire to play and understand what it is that players are getting out of or enjoying in some games which are highly rated and popular but not exactly in your wheel house, I've tried getting into games like Town of passion, acting lessons, Lust epidemic etc and I can't get into them, I see the ratings and I feel left out, this kind of thing is probably what brings about questions like these, the need to understand.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
I don't know if this is satire or you're just completely unfamiliar with the premise of fetishes or fantasies.

Is incest for all the incels who can't fuck their moms? Is porn just for incels who can't get pussy? Like what are you even saying?

I also doubt any creators thought, "Hm, I don't know how to gamify sex in a sex game, so let me just add mind control.".
It's called snark. Or sarcasm. I forgot that always applies to the internet.
What was that emoji again? :ROFLMAO: Gee, you think some laughing helps people recognize a joke.

But you DO have to admit that there are a few porn adherents who are interested in such because they can't get the real thing, and project their insecurities into their porn interests. (NTR loathing, anybody?)
Barely a percentage or five but enough exist to make a stereotype reasonable.

Gamifying in this case is to create a 'point spread' and progress meter within the sexual progress with the target characters. Repeated 'dosages' of Mind control provides a much clearer 'progress meter' towards these achievements rather than arbitrary 'relationship points'. So yes, it is a good game tool if not a good story tool.