• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

why devs don't post their paypal for donations?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
The worst thing is that there are no good alternatives, especially for people from Europe when it comes to Patreon etc.
Payoneer is the other option and the feedback I've got from the other devs is good so far. But from my own personal signing up today they REALLY need a LOT of verification stuff. Good lord I had to have address, photo ID, 2FA authentication, security questions, password with 1 number and 1 random character, the whole shebang. That and from Trustpilot reviews:

The main issue from some is that Payoneer take a longer time to verify you.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
First of all, using PayPal when earning money by creating adult content is prohibited by their terms and services. And second, most developers want their identity to be private, and supplying your PayPal account to someone could make you identifiable.

Unless there are ways to hide your identity I don't know of.

Andy9847

May 15, 2022
You need to use bitcoin. For the experiment, I created a page for selling passwords for bitcoins. A person downloads your development, zipped with a password, and then buys the password. At the same time, everyone remains completely anonymous. I myself have not tried it yet, because there is no worthy development for sale. You can view the page here:

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
Payoneer is the other option and the feedback I've got from the other devs is good so far. But from my own personal signing up today they REALLY need a LOT of verification stuff. Good lord I had to have address, photo ID, 2FA authentication, security questions, password with 1 number and 1 random character, the whole shebang. That and from Trustpilot reviews:

The main issue from some is that Payoneer take a longer time to verify you.
Paypal also make things super difficult. Setting up a basic account is easy enough, but turning it a business account is a massive headache - especially if you are renting somewhere & nothing is in your name (rent contract, bills, & whatever else they ask for). It's not a fun process at all. I also dislike paypal as I've been burned by them in the past, but I'm in the EU & I don't personally know of any other alternatives. Also bitcoin & other similar digital currencies like that can go fuck a duck - they are about as stable as stocks & shares.

Reactions: Houtamelo