• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why aren't there more reverse NTR games?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Netorare is divided into 7 major types

Type A: The spouse is willingly cheating on the cuck without a shred of remorse
Type B: The cuck's spouse was raped/blackmailed but the spouse began to enjoy it and started to prefer the rapist over the cuck
Type C: The cuck's spouse is raped in front of them, it is nonconsensual from start to finish for both the cuck and their spouse
Netorase: The cuck is orchestrating the whole thing, setting up their spouse to cheat on them so that they can be cuckolded
Reverse NTR: the cuck and the bull are female and the spouse is a male
Lesbian NTR: The cuck can be male or female, their female spouse leaves the cuck for another woman
Yaoi NTR: The cuck can be male or female, their male spouse leaves the cuck for another man

The difference between netori and netorare is essentially the point of view. If it takes place from the POV of the cuck or their spouse, then it is netorare. If it takes place from the POV of the bull, it is netori.
Lol, and people complain that there's just a single tag for NTR. I do wish that more games that included NTR would add a path where whoever is on the "losing" end in the original version has an alternate path where they can "win".

So for example if the dev is into cuck stuff, by all means make a game where the male MC gets cucked. But it would be nice if there was an alternate path where he convinces his wife that she likes to watch HIM with other women. The motivations for both paths are basically the same. The dev obviously already likes that kind of thing so he knows what aspects of that type of content appeal to people, just needs to make alternate scenes reversing the roles.

I think a lot of people who don't like NTR would be ok with it if there was a path where the character they identify with comes out on top and it's still in the same realm of content that the dev likes so it's not like he's doing stuff he has no interest in.

I struggled with this a bit for my mod since I personally don't like NTR where the male MC gets his girl stolen because I tend to imagine myself as the MC when playing a male protagonist so it feels like I'm losing "my girl". I found that when I'm developing though, I can imagine myself as the villain instead though. So then I'm the one who's winning.

It's still somewhat annoying to playtest since then I'm back to identifying with the MC again, but I don't mind the development part at all if I think of it that way. The key I think is finding some sort of hook to use for yourself during development that allows you to actually enjoy the content. If I hate the scene I'm doing, I'm just going to scrap it no matter how many people might be clamoring for it to be added.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Lol, and people complain that there's just a single tag for NTR. I do wish that more games that included NTR would add a path where whoever is on the "losing" end in the original version has an alternate path where they can "win".

So for example if the dev is into cuck stuff, by all means make a game where the male MC gets cucked. But it would be nice if there was an alternate path where he convinces his wife that she likes to watch HIM with other women. The motivations for both paths are basically the same. The dev obviously already likes that kind of thing so he knows what aspects of that type of content appeal to people, just needs to make alternate scenes reversing the roles.

I think a lot of people who don't like NTR would be ok with it if there was a path where the character they identify with comes out on top and it's still in the same realm of content that the dev likes so it's not like he's doing stuff he has no interest in.

I struggled with this a bit for my mod since I personally don't like NTR where the male MC gets his girl stolen because I tend to imagine myself as the MC when playing a male protagonist so it feels like I'm losing "my girl". I found that when I'm developing though, I can imagine myself as the villain instead though. So then I'm the one who's winning.

It's still somewhat annoying to playtest since then I'm back to identifying with the MC again, but I don't mind the development part at all if I think of it that way. The key I think is finding some sort of hook to use for yourself during development that allows you to actually enjoy the content. If I hate the scene I'm doing, I'm just going to scrap it no matter how many people might be clamoring for it to be added.
I'd like to see someone use NTR as a starting point for a more complex relationship. For example:

Dude walks in on wife getting gang banged by other men. The MC blinded by rage attacks the them in a fight he can't hope to win. He puts up a good struggle but he inevitably loses. This whole scenario leaves him with a trauma that makes him unable to trust women. Several years later, he meets a girl who is interested in him. He tells her about his past and she says that the best way to get over it is to date someone new, so she suggests dating her and she will help him overcome his past.

Then starts a complex series of decisions you must make, you'll slowly begin to trust her and fall in love, but your actions and responses on the road to that point will affect her opinion you. Her thoughts on you will determine the ending. Maybe three options:

1. She thinks you're a lost cause and breaks up with you
2. She likes you enough to still date you but not quite enough stop her from looking for alternatives, so she cheats on you
3. She falls in love and you end up happily ever after

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'd like to see someone use NTR as a starting point for a more complex relationship. For example:

Dude walks in on wife getting gang banged by other men. The MC blinded by rage attacks the them in a fight he can't hope to win. He puts up a good struggle but he inevitably loses. This whole scenario leaves him with a trauma that makes him unable to trust women. Several years later, he meets a girl who is interested in him. He tells her about his past and she says that the best way to get over it is to date someone new, so she suggests dating her and she will help him overcome his past.

Then starts a complex series of decisions you must make, you'll slowly begin to trust her and fall in love, but your actions and responses on the road to that point will affect her opinion you. Her thoughts on you will determine the ending. Maybe three options:

1. She thinks you're a lost cause and breaks up with you
2. She likes you enough to still date you but not quite enough stop her from looking for alternatives, so she cheats on you
3. She falls in love and you end up happily ever after
That's fine for some people but if you start off with the guy walking in on the wife cheating then for most people who are opposed to NTR the game itself is already unrecoverably unplayable. This is why there are so many complaints about "forced NTR". If you can stop it, a lot of people who are not NTR fans will still play it. If it's unavoidable then you've lost them and it doesn't matter how good the game is.

IMO it makes more sense to rewind the story a bit before there was any cheating by anyone. Give the player an option to notice the wife being tempted or pursued by someone and give them a way to stop it from happening. Maybe the wife confesses she's turned on by the idea of people watching her. That could lead to a story centered more on something like exhibitionism/voyeurism where MC and/or his SO get off by fucking in public where people can see them or catching other people in the act rather than cheating on each other.

Too many NTR games are set up where the options are basically Wife cheats or nothing happens and the game ends. I want to see an interesting story if the wife doesn't cheat.