4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Glad, I'm not your friend. If you just straight cut off anyone you develop clearly very close bonds with (a new type of family in a way even) for a "family" that you have every reason for years to believe hates you, I got news...you're a sociopath and will probably have a very lonely life in the end.
Well for me family comes first, and yeah I didn't mean abandon but he has to set things straight with them. Daphne will sure find a way to shine. But don't assume you know me personally, this is just a game after all that we are discussing.

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Well for me family comes first, and yeah I didn't mean abandon but he has to set things straight with them. Daphne will sure find a way to shine. But don't assume you know me personally, this is just a game after all that we are discussing.
Being honest, my post was lighthearted at first (yeah, I've had problems with being an "outsider" as a youth - why so many of us youth joined the grunge movement in the early 90s (away from meathead bullies as Willi is the perfect stereotype of, unrelated) - but laughing at me being pathetic is funny to me), but your reply rubbed me the wrong way. And I think I got a little too serious. But, your reply still comes off a bit sociopathic if you would really drop one family you've built for one that you have every reason to believe hates you.
Sure, we don't know what will happen, and Daphne could move down to Wollust too and it'd be hunky-dory. Plus, that it is fiction, but if the fiction isn't making you feel at least something, it's not doing it's job (or there's an inability to find relatability in fiction from the viewer/reader).

Same thing is going to happen again when you talk utter crap. Not Turret's brother are you?
You'll know if they're Turret's brother as soon as they try to lie and cry that you started it even though they did.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Nikko_

May 31, 2017
I like WIAB more, only because this game will have NTR. SG is so big, it would be great if there were NTR
It would be great if SG didn't blueball us for so long. Because of that lack of actual sex scenes, this VN might end up being better as it starts to get more scenes.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Being honest, my post was lighthearted at first (yeah, I've had problems with being an "outsider" as a youth - why so many of us youth joined the grunge movement in the early 90s (away from meathead bullies as Willi is the perfect stereotype of, unrelated) - but laughing at me being pathetic is funny to me), but your reply rubbed me the wrong way. And I think I got a little too serious. But, your reply still comes off a bit sociopathic if you would really drop one family you've built for one that you have every reason to believe hates you.
Sure, we don't know what will happen, and Daphne could move down to Wollust too and it'd be hunky-dory. Plus, that it is fiction, but if the fiction isn't making you feel at least something, it's not doing it's job (or there's an inability to find relatability in fiction from the viewer/reader).
I do feel bad for Daphne, that's for sure. But at the same time I think Willi has to take some time and set things straight with his family. Let me make things clear for you, imagine hearing a parent of yours got into an accident that could've killed them, they could live or die. I would personally rush to them even if our past was bad, it is life or death situation, and it is no joke. A sibling or a parent is far more precious to me than a friend, no matter what, and it's not like Willi has abandoned Daphne. He just has to face his fears and meet his family that by the way don't hate him. And btw, it was William that left not the other way around so he's the one to blame for all this. So, imo he should be the one apologizing. (And no WIAB did make me think on a deeper level than most AVNs, that's why I enjoy it).

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
You keep saying that all the time.

Can you tell why you think that? I'm really curious.

Please don't say something trivial like because it has Katie.

Instead, just say because it has Leia. :sneaky:
It will add more weight to your words.
I can't say...Katie....but...no fair NC! No fair!

Ok, she was a huge draw but then so were the other characters (Miru aside who was the spawn of Satan lol). For me, the story was far more interesting (if not a little disjointed), the dynamic between the siblings was interesting (yes, especially with Leia), the mystery of Helen, what was happening in the background...

This has only been compounded more in the rework, it's just alltogether more fluent and a more interesting story with more interesting characters, in my own opinion. I also prefer mature MC's, I'm quite frankly sick of idiot college kids as MC's, I just, can't identify with them, I wouldn't have been able to identify with them when I was that age, which was a long ass time ago now lol so that's one aspect where it wins hands down for me.

SG only really interests me for the continuity from this, for all its multiple characters, very few actually interest me, where all the characters in WIAB are interesting to me. Ultimately though I guess it's like many things in life, some things just click with you and other more popular stuff doesn't for varying reasons.

Just some reasons without writing a fully fledged thesis, I'd hate to be labelled an Ocean fanboy by certain people who think I don't contribute to these threads(though if idiots going to call me a fanbioy, this is the Ocean VN to accuse me of it lol) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
And thanks to SG, the game has now been noticed by people on Steam, already about 250 followers.
And people who found WiAB through SG on Steam are positive about buying it.
Busted!!!! Popularity = quality???? . you are a troll confirmed :ROFLMAO:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
You keep saying that all the time.

Can you tell why you think that? I'm really curious.

Please don't say something trivial like because it has Katie.

Instead, just say because it has Leia. :sneaky:
It will add more weight to your words.
Because it has Leia, who is able to introduce you to her sister Katie :coffee::whistle:

In seriousness:
- because it starts with a tangible problem for Willi to solve (what happened to Helen), while Summer's missing status is not a plot driver but a representation of all Nika has lost.
- underlying traumas exist in both so there they're pretty equal.
- Willi has to redeem himself, while Nika has to recover - Willi's direct goals are to restore relationship rather than use relationship to build personal happiness. Subtle difference, but it's there.
- Katie, Leia, Monica and Helen all have grievances - Willi starts as a villian who needs to decide who to placate, and who to antagonise. They are also no pushovers accepting half measures, and it will take a lot to win back their good graces.
- WiaB will allow shit to happen to Willi in ways that SG won't. WiaB can be brutal, not just the eN-Tea-aRgh, but the violence will make Nika look like a wimp. There is undoubtably going to be a level of turf war.
- it's been reworked from the start rather than in chunks, so there is a consistency to the flow that SG doesn't currently have.

SG is really nice and wholesome as everyone tries to be better, WiaB is likely where all the trauma in SG came from, and my guess is that there will be hard choices where you're unable to either protect all you care about, or you even lose people you care about.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I can't say...Katie....but...no fair NC! No fair!

Ok, she was a huge draw but then so were the other characters (Miru aside who was the spawn of Satan lol). For me, the story was far more interesting (if not a little disjointed), the dynamic between the siblings was interesting (yes, especially with Leia), the mystery of Helen, what was happening in the background...

This has only been compounded more in the rework, it's just alltogether more fluent and a more interesting story with more interesting characters, in my own opinion. I also prefer mature MC's, I'm quite frankly sick of idiot college kids as MC's, I just, can't identify with them, I wouldn't have been able to identify with them when I was that age, which was a long ass time ago now lol so that's one aspect where it wins hands down for me.

SG only really interests me for the continuity from this, for all its multiple characters, very few actually interest me, where all the characters in WIAB are interesting to me.

Just some reasons without writing a fully fledged thesis, I'd hate to be labelled an Ocean fanboy by certain people who think I don't contribute tho these threads :ROFLMAO:
I want to add... although I know Ocean never thought of it that way, to me the old Miru made it more palpable that William redeemed himself and valued loyalty and love much more than physical beauty.

WIAB was the perfect mix between a fresh vision and fetish collection. It had and has a more manageable number of characters and especially LI. And what I liked the most but now is a bit in doubt, the characters were not teenagers, they were adults on a quest with which I could empathize more.
And
Katie is

• Red Heart
Reactions: BobTheDuck

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Busted!!!! Popularity = quality???? . you are a troll confirmed :ROFLMAO:
Pffft... Always has been. :Kappa:
Seriously though, the new WiAB is decent, I like the changes to the narrative, less of the typical annoying Ocean's "I'll just insert the player in the middle of an ongoing conversation and giggle while the player tries to figure out what the fuck this is all about"
The quality of the graphics is the same as in SG, the Late Kids music is in place, there are cross-references to SG, a raccoon is lurking - what else could you ask than more popularity, so that Ocean continues to bake renders and faster.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I want to add... although I know Ocean never thought of it that way, to me the old Miru made it more palpable that William redeemed himself and valued loyalty and love much more than physical beauty.

WIAB was the perfect mix between a fresh vision and fetish collection. It had and has a more manageable number of characters and especially LI. And what I liked the most but now is a bit in doubt, the characters were not teenagers, they were adults on a quest with which I could empathize more.
And
Katie is
Well as for teenagers, it's not changed. Still only Katie and Zoe really (I believe Kat is a little older IIRC...could be mistaken) that are the 'young ones' (and even then, they are not teen kids). But it's basically those three that fill the 'college age' trope. Gina is a little older again iirc and working etc. It's as you say, it's adults (or at least non college age young people) dealing with adult shit. That's refreshing in itself. I also like the fact that their is history between all these characters, but we do not know the full extent of it, it comes out slowly as the story unravels itself.

As Bob mentioned which I failed to articulate myself properly, the fact that the rework was done from day 1, chapter 1, makes the hole new version so much more fluent and flows better compared to SG.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Well as for teenagers, it's not changed. Still only Katie and Zoe really (I believe Kat is a little older IIRC...could be mistaken) that are the 'young ones' (and even then, they are not teen kids). But it's basically those three that fill the 'college age' trope. Gina is a little older again iirc and working etc. it's as you say, it's adults (or at least non college age young people) dealing with adult shit. That's refreshing in itself.

As Bob mentioned which I failed to articulate myself properly, the fact that the reowrk was done from day 1, chapter 1, makes the hole new version so much more fluent and flows better compared to SG.
I'm waiting for some reactions so I can like things that are well said - the maturity aspect of the dramas and the tough decisions between two bad outcomes I think is underrated. Almost all AVN's have inexperienced MC's, but here Willi's already been in jail he knows there are things that can be a disaster. The threat level of what can go wrong is high.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes