Daz Whats the cost of a daz(or similar) comissioned render?

c74

Oct 8, 2017
Searched the whole forum but didn't really find information on it, so maybe someone in the industry could help?

So average costs for a:
- "medium" quality render (just 1 person, without background)
- "high quality render (just 1 person, without background)
- simple background in general

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There's a few variables involved here:

- What kind of character? Any? Based off a celebrity? Is the model already available?
- What's your metric for medium or high quality? 2K or 4K? 8K? Well-lit? Just something blasted out?
- What kind of background? A simple premade bedroom? Something outdoors? Something themed with the model?

The character itself may be the tricky part, depending on what you're looking for. But any Daz dev worth their salt (or confident enough to charge for a commission) should be able to pop something like this out for $50-$75. Possibly less depending on the amount of work. A lot of the price here, if I were to do it, would hinge on what needs to be done with the model(s).

If you're looking for actual prices on people who commission with Daz, though, then someone like might be worth a shout. Though, I believe he only does his own characters for commissions, but I could be wrong there.

c74

Oct 8, 2017
There's a few variables involved here:

- What kind of character? Any? Based off a celebrity? Is the model already available?
- What's your metric for medium or high quality? 2K or 4K? 8K? Well-lit? Just something blasted out?
- What kind of background? A simple premade bedroom? Something outdoors? Something themed with the model?

The character itself may be the tricky part, depending on what you're looking for. But any Daz dev worth their salt (or confident enough to charge for a commission) should be able to pop something like this out for $50-$75. Possibly less depending on the amount of work. A lot of the price here, if I were to do it, would hinge on what needs to be done with the model(s).

If you're looking for actual prices on people who commission with Daz, though, then someone like might be worth a shout. Though, I believe he only does his own characters for commissions, but I could be wrong there.
Im talking general characters for a game, so no cinematic renders for a pc background or something. With medium I mean general good/acceptable quality, with high quality characters from icstor games or similar.
(can provide some examples of medium/high quality if you want)

When you've comissioned a character once, does it get cheaper for different poses? Since you dont have to redraw everything like 2D and can adjust poses, fix morph issues etc.

I know most 2D rates but 3D is something new for me

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Im talking general characters for a game
Making games with 3d renders makes sense - if you make them yourself. In your case, if you are willing to pay money for pictures for your game you better find a good 2d artist;)

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Im talking general characters for a game, so no cinematic renders for a pc background or something. With medium I mean general good/acceptable quality, with high quality characters from icstor games or similar.
(can provide some examples of medium/high quality if you want)

When you've comissioned a character once, does it get cheaper for different poses? Since you dont have to redraw everything like 2D and can adjust poses, fix morph issues etc.

I know most 2D rates but 3D is something new for me
To give you an idea, here are the prices I used a while back.

The creation of the character (textures, morphs, hair, breasts/nipples, vagina and/or penis) is between 25 and 45 € (depending on the quality of the 3D asset used). The deliverable is two images in .png format with a transparent background. One is of the entire character in a idle pose with neutral expression, the second is a close-up of the upper part of the body (head + upper chest) with neutral expression, often used in VN for the images next to the dialogue. Any minor changes the customer may wish to make after delivery are free of charge. The price is the same, depending on the quality and size of the image desired.

These deliverables aren't really usable in a VN, but they do give an idea of what the character looks like.

For a set of clothes on the character, it's €10 the first time and €5 for any new clothes.

As for poses (including facial expressions), it's usually €2 per pose. But if buying in packs of 5, 10 or 15 it can be cheaper because a small discount is applied.

But these are basic prices for basic services, which can obviously differ according to individual needs.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
You can look on DeviantArt, many people sell commissions there. Or the Blender NSFW discord server, they have a commission section.

Some are pretty cheap. Some are not cheap. It largely depends on the artist.

no_more_name

Mar 3, 2024
The correct answer is zero.
If you can't tell between an original work and an asset flipper, you're gonna be scammed.
And oh boy the ratio is not good.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
The correct answer is zero.
No, I disagree.

It's possible to make "asset flip" renders in daz with only a few hours effort. But the things that make a render "high quality" are related to posing and lighting skills. The basics like scene construction, positioning, dealing with poke-through are all table stakes. And another prerequisite is having a decent render rig so they user can complete the work in less than several hours per iteration.

I would not say that the works of a daz "artist" have the same intrinsic value as those produced by an original 2-d artist, but there is a level of skill earned from many hours of practice that has value. An experienced Daz user can produce images that are beyond the capabilities of a total daz noob. Can that noob spend the time to learn how to getgood? of course. but time is money, as they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: idTerra and blobgob

no_more_name

Mar 3, 2024
No, I disagree.

It's possible to make "asset flip" renders in daz with only a few hours effort. But the things that make a render "high quality" are related to posing and lighting skills. The basics like scene construction, positioning, dealing with poke-through are all table stakes. And having another prerequisite is having a decent render rig so they user can complete the work in less than several hours per iteration.

I would not say that the works of a daz "artist" have the same intrinsic value as those produced by an original 2-d artist, but there is a level of skill earned from many hours of practice that has value. An experienced Daz user can produce images that are beyond the capabilities of a total daz noob. Can that noob spend the time to learn how to getgood? of course. but time is money, as they say.
There is no Daz "artists", or they are, as a kid pinning his drawing on the fridge magnet. Delusion is wild.
For the love of god, give money to *real* CG artist, not DickSucker69 that pressed the render button.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hmmmm. New account. Cynical, negative comments. I feel like you may be a veteran of this place, wearing a moustache and dark glasses.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZiMMa

no_more_name

Mar 3, 2024
Hmmmm. New account. Cynical, negative comments. I feel like you may be a veteran of this place, wearing a moustache and dark glasses.
M. Moustache... Should maybe have run with that.

Y'know what's really cynical? AssetFlipper129 feeling asset33 is not as good as it should when he pressed the render button. Because inside, as a timeless artist, he truly deserves it.