what to use for images and animations

Weird Duck

Creator of "Caught"
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
hi everyone I want to make my own game but i only have a laptop with a 1650 GPU and i5 9th gen intel core
I tryed daz but the renders takes forever to cook so what other options do I have

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
don't use daz3d on a laptop they are not great for rendering

you can try blender I think you will run into the same problem

so my suggestion would be to get yourself a desktop PC

Weird Duck

Creator of "Caught"
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020

cant afford a pc as a broke college student

Fugimi.Dev

Feb 8, 2023

Unless gaming PC. I am using daz3d on MSI and it works easly, I was actually surprised

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Unless gaming PC. I am using daz3d on MSI and it works easly
Assuming this based off your other thread, there's a lot more involved when you start using non-HDRI-based lighting and actual environments. Your laptop will like be gasping for air when it's done. Laptops simply aren't built to handle long, hot workflows like Daz. Great for bursty stuff (and gaming, I guess.), but I'd recommend anyone not on a PC to look another route. Such as KK or Honey Select.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
hi everyone I want to make my own game but i only have a laptop with a 1650 GPU and i5 9th gen intel core
I tryed daz but the renders takes forever to cook so what other options do I have
Remember that you don't need to have perfectly rendered daz images to make a good game. This game "Nothing Is Forever" by MrSilverLust is one of the most highly rated games on this site, and the dev did the first 5 chapters / 18 months using just a laptop. The graphics are (intentionally because lack of GPU resource) relatively low fidelity, but the quality of the story, the innovative game mechanics, and excellent erotic scenarios more than compensate.

It depends on what you are trying to make of course, obviously not everyone is interested or has the skills to make a dialogue/story driven game instead of focusing on beautiful renders.

I'm just saying that you don't need to let a low spec GPU stop you from doing *anything*. Make a simple basic game just for the experience, your second one will be much better because of it.