What program was used to create the art in Ripples?

LewdWriter

Oct 11, 2018
I really like the look of that game and was wondering what software was used and how hard it would be to create something similar-looking if you are pretty new? Thanks!

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
As to how hard, it depends on how good of a pc you have.

Quality from HS renders depends on how many mods and the quality (textures, lightning, poly count) that your computer can handle and render in a reasonable amount of time.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
As to how hard, it depends on how good of a pc you have.

Quality from HS renders depends on how many mods and the quality (textures, lightning, poly count) that your computer can handle and render in a reasonable amount of time.
That is technically true, but Honey Select is a realtime biased renderer, not a true raytracer like Daz. It's designed to (at least for the base game without mods) render at 30+frames per second. Even if it's loaded down with all sorts of mods it is still going to be orders of magnitude faster at producing images than Daz.

The downsides of HS (and the other illusion titles) are: everything kinds of looks the same as every other game, installing and maintaining a working game with lots of mods is time consuming, the male characters are very limited compared to the females.
On the upside, HS has the built-in (and many more available via mods) sex animations that are relatively easy to work with compared to daz. The skill floor to get decent looking output is also much much lower for HS - daz just has a very annoying and slow UI.

Reactions: Satori6

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
That is technically true, but Honey Select is a realtime biased renderer, not a true raytracer like Daz. It's designed to (at least for the base game without mods) render at 30+frames per second. Even if it's loaded down with all sorts of mods it is still going to be orders of magnitude faster at producing images than Daz.

The downsides of HS (and the other illusion titles) are: everything kinds of looks the same as every other game, installing and maintaining a working game with lots of mods is time consuming, the male characters are very limited compared to the females.
On the upside, HS has the built-in (and many more available via mods) sex animations that are relatively easy to work with compared to daz. The skill floor to get decent looking output is also much much lower for HS - daz just has a very annoying and slow UI.
For sure - I discussed Daz with a friend when I wanted to start making games, and he told me not to bother because I'd be spending 6-12 months learning only to get frustrated due to the limitations of my computer.

I don't mind HS renders, really - my favorite adult game (Eternum) uses it and I think they're more than fine. Maybe it's because I grew up with 8-bit graphics, but I tend to value the story -and gameplay when applicable- more than the visual aspect.

Reactions: osanaiko