RPGM What program should I use to make renders for RPGM game?

roseberrycider4

Feb 28, 2022
So I have an idea for an adult RPG maker game I want to make. I'm still learning how to draw good enough to make art to put in a game like this but I'm willing to put the time in to do that. But I don't know what programs people use for making renders to put into a game like this. Are any of them best for RPG maker? Or does the engine not really matter?

I don't know if the art style matters but I've been thinking I would want it to look kind of realistic like games like Manila Shaw or Autumn Boulevard. But I don't know for sure, I might wind up going the other way and making it look more cartoony like games like Rina Elementalists of Manahold or Karryn's Prison. So if some programs are better for realistic stuff or cartoony stuff I'll look into either.

roseberrycider4

Feb 28, 2022
May i ask about... plot yor future game?
right now it isn't going to have one main plot or anything. It's meant to be based on a series of enf stories I started writing on deviant art about a character named Sofia. Those stories so far have a little bit of physical content like kissing and groping but so far they're mostly just about Sofia winding up completely or partially naked in situations where that's very embarrassing. I want to make a game where you play as Sofia and go through levels based on these stories, but the levels will be way more open and will have way more content.

Like in the first Sofia story, all of the nsfw content is basically that she's supposed to make an opening speech at a county fair and gets sharked in front of the crowd while doing it, so a crowd of like a hundred strangers all get to see her tits. But when I put that to the game I want to design it so that the player can roam around the fair before they do the speech and there will be new characters and areas that weren't in the story that the player can go to to find new nsfw content. I want to make every level pretty open with branching stories so that depending on the player choices she could wind up in no nsfw scenes or she could wind up in just a couple of them or she could wind up in a ton of them.

So it probably won't have like a central plot or anything but will just be about controlling this character who's just trying to live her life but she's very unlucky and keeps winding up in sexual situations that she wasn't trying to be in.

pepette

Game Developer
Feb 20, 2018
So I have an idea for an adult RPG maker game I want to make. I'm still learning how to draw good enough to make art to put in a game like this but I'm willing to put the time in to do that. But I don't know what programs people use for making renders to put into a game like this. Are any of them best for RPG maker? Or does the engine not really matter?

I don't know if the art style matters but I've been thinking I would want it to look kind of realistic like games like Manila Shaw or Autumn Boulevard. But I don't know for sure, I might wind up going the other way and making it look more cartoony like games like Rina Elementalists of Manahold or Karryn's Prison. So if some programs are better for realistic stuff or cartoony stuff I'll look into either.
For realistic renderings, take a look at DAZ. Most of the 3D games on F95zone are made with it.
There are some assets available on the site, but you'll have to buy some to be able to make your game

Free, more complicated, but much more complete you have BENDER

If you want to avoid long rendering calculations, you can also use HONEY SELECT (1 or 2), and eventually go through STUDIO NEO to increase the available addons.

roseberrycider4

Feb 28, 2022
For realistic renderings, take a look at DAZ. Most of the 3D games on F95zone are made with it.
There are some assets available on the site, but you'll have to buy some to be able to make your game

Free, more complicated, but much more complete you have BENDER

If you want to avoid long rendering calculations, you can also use HONEY SELECT (1 or 2), and eventually go through STUDIO NEO to increase the available addons.
I will look into those, thanks!

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
right now it isn't going to have one main plot or anything. It's meant to be based on a series of enf stories I started writing on deviant art about a character named Sofia. Those stories so far have a little bit of physical content like kissing and groping but so far they're mostly just about Sofia winding up completely or partially naked in situations where that's very embarrassing. I want to make a game where you play as Sofia and go through levels based on these stories, but the levels will be way more open and will have way more content.

Like in the first Sofia story, all of the nsfw content is basically that she's supposed to make an opening speech at a county fair and gets sharked in front of the crowd while doing it, so a crowd of like a hundred strangers all get to see her tits. But when I put that to the game I want to design it so that the player can roam around the fair before they do the speech and there will be new characters and areas that weren't in the story that the player can go to to find new nsfw content. I want to make every level pretty open with branching stories so that depending on the player choices she could wind up in no nsfw scenes or she could wind up in just a couple of them or she could wind up in a ton of them.

So it probably won't have like a central plot or anything but will just be about controlling this character who's just trying to live her life but she's very unlucky and keeps winding up in sexual situations that she wasn't trying to be in.
Sounds like a really fun game. But i think 2D art would be better for the humor. I guess your MC would make many funny and embarrassed faces.....