RPGM What plugins are available for MV

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
I'm interested in developing a game in MV but don't know if it has all of the plugins that I would need. Honestly only have a few things that I really need to find which are an animated picture plugin that goes on the screen and moves when the player moves, I'd also like to figure out how to make a key that has the player crouch and have that reflected by the animated picture, and finally I want skills in battle to play a little animation similar to anime attacks. I know all of these are possible, but most things I know of are in japanese, cost $6, or are custom made. Any help would be appreciated.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017

This has just bout every noteworthy plugin and asset maker for MV.

For the animation, I would recommend using images, as videos are a pain in the ass to work in rpgm, something like:
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.showPicture(5, "image", 0, $gameVariables.value(1), $gameVariables.value(2), 100, 100, 255, 0);
Will show image in the coordinates of the variables 1 and 2. Bear in mind that you can put this in parallel, making the command run at the refresh rate of the engine so you might want to put a timer to adjust the frames per second. Also, you can add an image series by adding a variable with the string, like:
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.showPicture(5, "image"+i, 0, $gameVariables.value(1), $gameVariables.value(2), 100, 100, 255, 0);
i++
Will show image1, image2, image3, etc depeding on the loop.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018

This has just bout every noteworthy plugin and asset maker for MV.

For the animation, I would recommend using images, as videos are a pain in the ass to work in rpgm, something like:
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.showPicture(5, "image", 0, $gameVariables.value(1), $gameVariables.value(2), 100, 100, 255, 0);
Will show image in the coordinates of the variables 1 and 2. Bear in mind that you can put this in parallel, making the command run at the refresh rate of the engine so you might want to put a timer to adjust the frames per second. Also, you can add an image series by adding a variable with the string, like:
JavaScript:
$gameScreen.showPicture(5, "image"+i, 0, $gameVariables.value(1), $gameVariables.value(2), 100, 100, 255, 0);
i++
Will show image1, image2, image3, etc depeding on the loop.
alright, cool, that simplifies things, though still need to figure out crouching, since I want to make it so you can go under things to explore.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
This a good case of RPGM programming, you see, since there's no vertical collision all you need to do to convince the player that the character is crouched is change the sprite (there's a command for that in the events page) and change some squares' collision so the player can pass through them.

Eventidegames

Game Developer
May 16, 2018
This a good case of RPGM programming, you see, since there's no vertical collision all you need to do to convince the player that the character is crouched is change the sprite (there's a command for that in the events page) and change some squares' collision so the player can pass through them.
yeah, the crouching i've been talking with others about, I believe my solution will be to bind the common event "Crouch" to a key which will change the character sprite and animation cycle to crouching, then for going under things I will have it set as a switch that allows certain things to utilize the pass through function in MV.

All I need to do now is figure out how to use a few plugins(Namely Mog's Oppai mod) and build everything.