Others What language support should I include first?

VNEXE

Jan 28, 2022
Hello.

I'm thinking of making my game support at least 3 languages in the first release version (romance languages).

What languages are the most requested? Does it depend on the public you are targeting?

Bchargo

Feb 17, 2018
Just romance languages? You'll probably find the largest audience in English. If you're just going for Romance ones I'd say Spanish and Italian. I've seen a lot of people on here that seem to speak it, and there's an entire thread they made for translating games into Italian. I don't know about the third. I don't think I see many French or Portuguese speakers on here.

Reactions: VNEXE

VNEXE

Jan 28, 2022
Just romance languages? You'll probably find the largest audience in English. If you're just going for Romance ones I'd say Spanish and Italian. I've seen a lot of people on here that seem to speak it, and there's an entire thread they made for translating games into Italian. I don't know about the third. I don't think I see many French or Portuguese speakers on here.

Sorry, it was my mistake. I forgot to clarify that those 3 languages would be additional. I can't do without the english-speaking public, in the end, that's where the money is.

In the case of portuguese language, I would say that the translation would be more for the purpose of "combating" unauthorized translations. Normally people tend to think that only english and hispanic speakers crack games, but Brazil is not far behind.

I do not contemplate the Asian public, not because I do not want to, but because my understanding of their language is limited to barely distinguishing the typography.

Thanks for answering!

Reactions: Bchargo