Ren'Py What is going on?

hellstone

Jul 26, 2018

This is happening in multiple games now. It's like an auto reverse. Unplugged both the keyboard and mouse and it still happens. idk what to do now

edit - fixed video

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This is happening in multiple games now. It's like an auto reverse. Unplugged both the keyboard and mouse and it still happens. idk what to do now
Hmm, the story advance in the right order, just looks like the skip is always on. But it have no reason to happen, it's forced to Off when you start the game or load a save :/

Do you have a gamepad/controller plugged in ?

Reactions: hellstone

hellstone

Jul 26, 2018
Wait.. that's a thing? I haven't touched the thing in months, and it's what has been messing with me? fml

tyvm dude. I haven't had the issue since I pulled it. Gonna knock on wood here that it stays

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Wait.. that's a thing?
It's an input source like any other. So if, for a reason or another, a button or stick isn't in neutral position, there's risk that Ren'Py will interpret it and react accordingly.

Long time ago, a user had an issue with Ren'Py menu because a hat fall on his controller, and one stick was constantly in up position.

Gonna knock on wood here that it stays
I can't guaranty it, but if unplugging it solve the issue, there's really high chance that you'll not encounter it anymore. At least as long as you remember to keep an eye on the controller if you plug it in again.

Reactions: hellstone

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
It's an input source like any other. So if, for a reason or another, a button or stick isn't in neutral position, there's risk that Ren'Py will interpret it and react accordingly.

Long time ago, a user had an issue with Ren'Py menu because a hat fall on his controller, and one stick was constantly in up position.
in my case the solution goes
"do you have a cat?"
"yes"
"is it lying on a controller you have plugged into the computer"
"yes"