Unity Abandoned What if "Adventure Time" was a 3D Anime Game [v8.5] [Mike Inel]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Mickle_Gamer_1995

Sep 22, 2022
I like this game a whole lot but I am stuck fighting against myself in the creepy eye place it scares me a whole lot so while I am stuck in this place I can only play it while day is out other wise I am creeped out and scared because how creepy it is other than that the game play is great and the story is excellent, when I have cleared the game I want to start playing it again

Feb 25, 2024
For some reason I randomly decided to come back and finish this game, since I'd never actually completed it. I beat the final boss last night! Feels good.

Signed up here pretty much for this thread, and I'm honestly delighted to see that the archived past releases of this game are still up and available. Glad all this stuff isn't totally lost to time since the internet has pretty well ground up nearly any other useful link for this game at this point.

Reactions: phantasytester

Jalaren

Nov 20, 2017
Finally got a decompiled version of the game to run in the Unity Editor, still tons of things I need to look at and try to fix but I'm hopeful that eventually I'll have the ability to compile it back into a playable application. After that I can worry about adding/modding stuff to the game... or maybe I'll just post the project files if I get too frustrated at it and give up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment Movie_003.webm

Here's a video of the game in-editor, almost all the shaders are busted so I had to swap some out with built-in ones so it looks a little wonky right now.

Nov 13, 2017
Finally got a decompiled version of the game to run in the Unity Editor, still tons of things I need to look at and try to fix but I'm hopeful that eventually I'll have the ability to compile it back into a playable application. After that I can worry about adding/modding stuff to the game... or maybe I'll just post the project files if I get too frustrated at it and give up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 3504932

Here's a video of the game in-editor, almost all the shaders are busted so I had to swap some out with built-in ones so it looks a little wonky right now.
That's crazy, thanks for the work. hopefully this opens up some interest for modding. If i had any expertise i would gladly contribute.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jalaren

Jalaren

Nov 20, 2017
'Small' update from me, I think I have all the gameplay elements working now. There are still many graphical issues that need to be sorted out and other minor things like jiggle bones and player shadows to be fixed but now that the NPC dialog, object interaction, and scene transitions work you *could* play and complete the game as it is now. But another thing that I want to do before wrapping it up is to re-add what Mike Inel removed to comply with Patreon, the textures will be easy to swap and giving Fionna back her chest jiggle and idle anim should also be do-able. The problem occurs with adding Fionna's Shibakini mesh, having to re-rig it to her bones and add another clothes item to the code that handles swapping the meshes without breaking anything.

View attachment Movie_004.webm

But anyway, here's a video that shows dialog and transitions working, you'll notice a lot of objects are really pale, that is because the textures themselves actually have no color and is instead colored by the shader on a per object basis, the values used to determine this was lost in the decompilation process and is probably something I need to find by inspecting the packed game.

peanut6578

Jul 7, 2019
'Small' update from me, I think I have all the gameplay elements working now. There are still many graphical issues that need to be sorted out and other minor things like jiggle bones and player shadows to be fixed but now that the NPC dialog, object interaction, and scene transitions work you *could* play and complete the game as it is now. But another thing that I want to do before wrapping it up is to re-add what Mike Inel removed to comply with Patreon, the textures will be easy to swap and giving Fionna back her chest jiggle and idle anim should also be do-able. The problem occurs with adding Fionna's Shibakini mesh, having to re-rig it to her bones and add another clothes item to the code that handles swapping the meshes without breaking anything.

View attachment 3525854

But anyway, here's a video that shows dialog and transitions working, you'll notice a lot of objects are really pale, that is because the textures themselves actually have no color and is instead colored by the shader on a per object basis, the values used to determine this was lost in the decompilation process and is probably something I need to find by inspecting the packed game.
is this a mod you are making or like an updated and fixed version?

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes