VN Ren'Py What do you want/expect to be in a betrayal themed game?

DirtyPants

Sep 16, 2022
So, I am trying to make a Ren'Py adult game with a storyline and not just sex.
I have an idea in mind but just wanted to see what the players would expect from a Betrayal themed game.
You will meet characters but you don't know whether they are there as a friend or an enemy, is an enemy better than a friend? We will know

Also, do tell me whether you want the game to start from how the main character started questioning people or if I should start the main story and give a bit of information at the end of chapters about how he started questioning everything.

Last edited:

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Depends what type of game it will be, will it have gameplay or just VN scenario.

If it will have gameplay, i would suggest, that character(s) who will betray you will have some hidden or unhiden score, how player decions will give score and if certain score is archived they will betray you. But to make it more realistic player should have choice tradeoffs, to choose to drive someone to betray you. It might be your friend who with you dont share a girls or girls who will feel cheated as you fool around with other girls. Or climb on the corporate ladder and need to sacrifice friends for that. In VN it would be more boring but could have same scenarios without points and important choices

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Можно сделать меню где будет описание персонажей или ещё чего то. Там и будет описание главного героя, что бы знать про него.

You can make a menu where there will be a description of the characters or something else. There will be a description of the main character to know about him.

Reactions: DirtyPants

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
What type of betrayal are we talking about? is it sexual/relation betrayal or maybe friendship betrayal or other type?
what the theme of the game? realistic modern/historical, sc-fi, fantasy? knwoing the theme can help alot people to give you answers.

for me with almost no info about your project i will say go for small cast of character game but give every character depth, i like zuulan idea about player choices can lead to npc betrayal.

Reactions: DirtyPants

DirtyPants

Sep 16, 2022
What type of betrayal are we talking about? is it sexual/relation betrayal or maybe friendship betrayal or other type?
what the theme of the game? realistic modern/historical, sc-fi, fantasy? knwoing the theme can help alot people to give you answers.

for me with almost no info about your project i will say go for small cast of character game but give every character depth, i like zuulan idea about player choices can lead to npc betrayal.
Yeah, I guess I didn't specify this.
So it's gonna be a VN with both sexual betrayal ( would be given a choice to enable or disable probably ) and friendship betrayal too ( part of the story ).
Also, Story is set in a modern world.

DirtyPants

Sep 16, 2022
It depends on what type of game it will be, will it have gameplay or just VN scenario.

If it will have gameplay, i would suggest, that character(s) who will betray you will have some hidden or unhiden score, how player decions will give score and if certain score is archived they will betray you. But to make it more realistic player should have choice tradeoffs, to choose to drive someone to betray you. It might be your friend who with you dont share a girls or girls who will feel cheated as you fool around with other girls. Or climb on the corporate ladder and need to sacrifice friends for that. In VN it would be more boring but could have same scenarios without points and important choices
I like this idea too. it's going to be VN, but I will try making the story more choice based.
I am still a newbie, so it will take time, but I am motivated :)

jose100

Apr 20, 2018
So it's gonna be a VN with both sexual betrayal ( would be given a choice to enable or disable probably )
If you give the option, I would advice you that this means that you aren't going to see the sexual NTR content, not that canonically sexual betrayal didn't happen. Because if it's gonna be important then it will be a pain in the ass to you, you will have to do at least to paths (if not more) in which the character that betrays does it sexually and whit ntr off it does in another way, and so on the more you add. Meaning a lot of dialogues changed.

And let's face it, at the end of the day most of the time it's a question about if you like/dislike NTR. People that is into it will encourage it and people that don't will turn it off. So like I said, if it's important for the plot, do like Dr.Amana and Where it all began, where NTR still happens but you won't see it if you don't want to.

Warthief

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
Yeah, I guess I didn't specify this.
So it's gonna be a VN with both sexual betrayal ( would be given a choice to enable or disable probably ) and friendship betrayal too ( part of the story ).
Also, Story is set in a modern world.
Well if the MC is Female or Male i will have different expectations, but in both way i think you will remove NTR you will remove the most interesting part about sexual betrayal story, If let say for example MC is a male and he will find out that his wife fucking around with his best friend at least for me i will want to feel the rage of the MC, i want to hate both the wife and the MC friend. (but also you must build up for this event, make the player see the MC wife as a good wife but she cold in sex scenes and the best friend is very friendly)
If the MC is the one who betray than he/she also can expect to be betrayed if the lover find out about this betrayel so in my opinion NTR in game that focus more on story not a haram game where the player collect girls is very important to dilever the story much better, but that also will make many people not interested in your game so it depend on what exactly you want to do.

DirtyPants

Sep 16, 2022
Well if the MC is Female or Male i will have different expectations, but in both way i think you will remove NTR you will remove the most interesting part about sexual betrayal story, If let say for example MC is a male and he will find out that his wife fucking around with his best friend at least for me i will want to feel the rage of the MC, i want to hate both the wife and the MC friend. (but also you must build up for this event, make the player see the MC wife as a good wife but she cold in sex scenes and the best friend is very friendly)
If the MC is the one who betray than he/she also can expect to be betrayed if the lover find out about this betrayel so in my opinion NTR in game that focus more on story not a haram game where the player collect girls is very important to dilever the story much better, but that also will make many people not interested in your game so it depend on what exactly you want to do.
To be honest, I want to make a nice game with story AND NTR because well the story I have in mind would make it more realistic if NTR takes place. I understand your point. Guess I will have to make the story more interesting and work hard. Thanks for suggestions