• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity What art/animation technique would be best for a Meet n' Fuck-type game?

JWGameDev

Jul 3, 2019
Hello all,

I'm just starting out in the adult game development scene and I'm wanting to make a game kinda like the Meet n' Fuck games. Basically, the player entices the lady with conversation, pleases her body during foreplay, and then they fuck.

The two main elements I want to feature is the girl's reaction to your touch, like a twitch of the leg or a boob jiggle, and a "dynamic" camera that changes angles at certain moments.

I don't have experience with art, nor do I have much knowledge about different techniques, so I'm trying to decide what the best approach would be. Traditional frame-by-frame animation seems out of the picture as I want the girl's motion to be dynamic and/or scriptable, and I'd imagine trying to replicate that with drawn frames would cost a lot of time and money.

I'm looking into 2D skeletal animation at the moment, which seems to be a good possibility, however, it seems I'd either have to use the Pro version of Spine 2D (which integrates with Unity) to get the free-form deformation tools or use something like DragonBones, which doesn't natively integrate with Unity (although I haven't yet tried it, so perhaps it will work out well).

This is assuming that 2D art would be simpler and more cost-efficient than 3D art. For all I know, 3D could be the way to go, although I would like something that looks better/more stylized than the typical DAZ3D model. 3D would certainly be easier to incorporate the different camera angles, but again, I don't know if 3D art would be much more complex and cost more.

So what do you guys think the best approach is? Skeletal 2D, stylized 3D, or something else?

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate anyone's help, especially if I'm completely mistaken in my thinking!

JWGameDev

Jul 3, 2019
Thanks for the resource! Flash animation is an option I hadn't considered. Although, I'm still unsure what style Flash suggests in terms of skeletal vs. non-skeletal animation. I'm thinking in those terms at the moment because I'm considering 1. what would be easier or less costly for an artist to do (but perhaps I shouldn't worry about that?), and 2. what would give the best effect in-game. If you have any suggestions in terms of animation style, or if I'm overlooking something, I'd love to hear more of your thoughts.