Seeking What are some great, well paced urban fantasy and medievil fantasy Adult games with good prose?

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I'd like to find some urban fantasy and medievil fantasy visual novels.

I'm looking for stuff with heavy fantasy elements, with a lot of important characters that use magic and/or guns and swords.

No slice of life stories, or over the top comedies please.

Preferably stuff with really beautiful artwork.

Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be complete, but I'd appreciate if you gave me some sort of idea how far along the game is.

I'm also not necessarily looking for stuff where combat is part of the gameplay, but if it's really fun, and really easy, and not grindy go ahead and recommend it, although I would rather have descriptive combat like you'll read in an ebook or physical novel.

Someone else gave a good example of descriptive combat:

Not descriptive combat: "Cloud cast Fire1"

Descrptive combat: "Drawing upon the Mako in his blood, Cloud summons forth a swirl of primal elemental flame and hurling it at the harmless Chocobo in front of him as it looked at Aerith the wrong way, gets pecked to a bloody, quivering lump."

Also descriptive combat:

"Yet still it lives," said the second, sounding much like the first.
"Slay it here," said the first.
"What of the one who guards it with the blade I like not at all?"
"Mortal man?"
"Come find out," I said, softly.
"It is thin, and perhaps it is old."
"Yet it bore the other from the cairn to this place, rapidly and without rest. Let us flank it."
I sprang forward as they moved, and the one to my right leaped toward me.
My blade split its skull and continued on into the shoulder. As I turned, yanking it free, the other swept past me, heading toward the stretcher. I swung wildly.
My blade fell upon its back and passed completely through its body. It emitted a shriek that grated like chalk on a blackboard as it fell in two pieces and began to bum. The other was burning also.
But the one I had halved was not yet dead. Its head turned toward me and those blazing eyes met my own and held them.
"I die the final death," it said, "and so I know you, Opener. Why do you slay us?" And then the flames consumed its head.
I turned, cleaned my blade and sheathed it, picked up the stretcher, ignored all questions, and continued on.

Can you recommend anything like this?

elfelganor

Jun 19, 2017
I would like to first apologize if I have misunderstood your requirements. But from my part, i did read it all the way through a couple of times, and in my head some names popped up. Although I'm not sure if they fit your description.

Daiteikoku
Daibanchou -Big Bang Age-8
*Rance series*
*Legend of Queen Opala series*
Tears to Tiara
Eiyuu Senki ( there might be multiple versions)

There are several others where I can picture them, but not name them. And I'm sorry if none of these were helpful.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I would like to first apologize if I have misunderstood your requirements. But from my part, i did read it all the way through a couple of times, and in my head some names popped up. Although I'm not sure if they fit your description.

Daiteikoku
Daibanchou -Big Bang Age-8
*Rance series*
*Legend of Queen Opala series*
Tears to Tiara
Eiyuu Senki ( there might be multiple versions)

There are several others where I can picture them, but not name them. And I'm sorry if none of these were helpful.
Hi there, appreciate you trying to help.

From what I understand, Rance is about a very unlikable MC who goes around committing sexual assault, is this the case for the rest of the games?

elfelganor

Jun 19, 2017

From what I understand, Rance is about a very unlikable MC who goes around committing sexual assault, is this the case for the rest of the games?

I wouldn't go for very unlikable MC. But yes, he is a bit of moron but with over the top charisma.

No, each games have their own worlds i guess.

Tears to Tiara is a mix of Hellenic, Germanic setting.
Opala series is more entwined with an Egyptian tale.
Eiyuu Senki is more Japanese based.
Daiteikoku and Daibanchou are more space age and so forth.

Couple of these games are really big and yes, some might be tactical RPG, but that's how I think a story can be very immersive i believe.

elfelganor

Jun 19, 2017

Btw, you can most probably check them out in VNDB. I'm not sure about all the games being available here.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I wouldn't go for very unlikable MC. But yes, he is a bit of moron but with over the top charisma.

No, each games have their own worlds i guess.

Tears to Tiara is a mix of Hellenic, Germanic setting.
Opala series is more entwined with an Egyptian tale.
Eiyuu Senki is more Japanese based.
Daiteikoku and Daibanchou are more space age and so forth.

Couple of these games are really big and yes, some might be tactical RPG, but that's how I think a story can be very immersive i believe.
Ok, but again, he goes around sexually assualting women, right?

Also, do any of these have descriptive combat?

elfelganor

Jun 19, 2017
Ok, but again, he goes around sexually assualting women, right?

Also, do any of these have descriptive combat?

I guess. And no regarding the descriptive combat. If you are looking for descriptive combat, then VN genre might interest you, like the Taimanin series. It has combat but in words.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I consider Visual Novels games, and most of the adult games that I play are Visual novels.

Got any western VNs that you can recommend that are what I'm looking for?

Eresuke

Jan 29, 2021
That's all that comes to my mind

Seeds of Chaos - dark fantasy, western it's not finished yet but has a lot of content

Fate/stay night - urban fantasy, 60h

The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante - dark fantasy, a lot of choices

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
That's all that comes to my mind

Seeds of Chaos - dark fantasy, western it's not finished yet but has a lot of content

Fate/stay night - urban fantasy, 60h

The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante - dark fantasy, a lot of choices
Sir Brante is my fave CYOA, but I'm confused on how it's an ADULT game.

Reactions: Snitch