Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
At this point, "they had a baby" excuse from back then starts to make you think that at this rate, said baby will be walking before said update started before the birth drop. Let that sink in.

After replaying a few months ago to prepare for the update, there is actually not that much about the main story. If everything always get sidetracked with (some very useless) side characters, we will never see the end, and i would have liked story progression. Not to be a dick to people who like them, but at this point, Greta, the Orc and the Door-Inn hoe are massive waste of time and useless characters. I would say the same thing about the pixie and Holly. They only feel slightly less a waste because they already got introductory stories already. I know you need extra npc's to fill your world so it's not only the elves, Simmone and lady crotch-bush, but you dont need a full 5000 renders piece on them either.

I would much prefer the update formats be a bit of main story progression everytime, but you meet some side characters in helping (or not) scenes while doing your main thing. Example how the orc got introduced.I dont need the whole orc story from A to Z, then never to be seen again for the next 10 years. Give a small quest for each every update or 2 so you feel like things happen. Mirtle and Rose will never get more content most likely. Sucks for those who like them. Game might as well be dead for them.

Since it still feel like the update is closer to release than not, i will wait to play the next one, but i've been on a trend of finding new games to try and cleaning games i feel will never go anywhere or get finished that have a low number of updates, and sadly this one will make its way to the bin. I like Holly but i dont want to wait another 2 years for a side girl, which will mean for me tons of years with zero story progression. At this rate, next time it will be another girl, then another one, until its the main story left, then i am pretty sure they will just create new polls for new girls to appear. I think over 3-5 girls, its too much for a game and severely lower the impact of choices and increase dev times as more different routes are necessary which in terms mean alternative scenes running in parallel.

Last edited:

bananacolada

Jan 28, 2020
Since Janurary 2, the total polish bar went from 94.4 to 94.5, then back to 94.3, then down to 93, then bounces between 94.5 and 93 for a while, then april 15 it goes down to 84.4, and as of right now it sits at 88.9. In 2024, the total polish percentage went from 94.4% to 88.9%. Either polishing a game that has not much going on apart from a few mouse clicks is extremely complex, or yall getting played.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Weekly Report 208

1715361449526.png

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday, and I hope you're all feeling well and are ready to enjoy your weekend. Here's a summary of our work last week:

Chestnut:

She has been busy with cutscenes doing artwork from different parts of Gomira's quests. Last week, I posted the double sprite she had created earlier (you can see it here) and I got two separate messages from people asking about femdom, so I want to clarify that Gomira likes to be sexually in charge, and being the strongest person around it's not wise to argue with her, so a bit of femdom is definitely there but it is mild, and is in line with everything else in the game.

Chestnut also recorded an art creation video showing Gomira applying something on her breasts which you can watch here.

Pistachio:

For the first few days of the week, I worked on debugging the issues I had found in the earlier months of developing 0.7. Since the beginning of May, though, my focus has shifted to improving the content.

My overall plan for May is as follows: I want to repose a sequence of cutscenes from Gomira's intro, edit three different parts from the end of Gomira's first quest (it's a long event with a lot of sections one of which is too long and needs to be shortened, another one features new art that I have to add to the game, and the last one doesn't quite work and needs to be redone), and improve the ending of the second quest.

I started with the last one since I posed it not long ago. When Chestnut playtested the game, she told me that the ending of Gomira's second quest felt less epic than she had hoped. It reminded her of a book by a famous author she had read where there was a lot of build-up but the whole thing got wrapped up too quickly and was underwhelming. She was right, of course. The issue was clear now that we played the first and second quests back to back since the first quest had an ending that was a lot more action-packed and memorable. So, that's where I am at. May's going to be a very busy month, but hopefully, we'll finish all the content improvement stuff this month, and focus on other bugs and issues next.

That's all for now.

Have a wonderful wonderful weekend.
Cheers

Last edited:

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Relatório Semanal 208

View attachment 3621892

Hi everybody.

Happy Friday, and I hope you're all feeling well and are ready to enjoy your weekend. Here's a summary of our work last week:

Chestnut:

She has been busy with cutscenes doing artwork from different parts of Gomira's quests. Last week, I posted the double sprite she had created earlier (you can see it here) and I got two separate messages from people asking about femdom, so I want to clarify that Gomira likes to be sexually in charge, and being the strongest person around it's not wise to argue with her, so a bit of femdom is definitely there but it is mild, and is in line with everything else in the game.

Chestnut also recorded an art creation video showing Gomira applying something on her breasts which you can watch here.

Pistachio:

For the first few days of the week, I worked on debugging the issues I had found in the earlier months of developing 0.7. Since the beginning of May, though, my focus has shifted to improving the content.

My overall plan for May is as follows: I want to repose a sequence of cutscenes from Gomira's intro, edit three different parts from the end of Gomira's first quest (it's a long event with a lot of sections one of which is too long and needs to be shortened, another one features new art that I have to add to the game, and the last one doesn't quite work and needs to be redone), and improve the ending of the second quest.

I started with the last one since I posed it not long ago. When Chestnut playtested the game, she told me that the ending of Gomira's second quest felt less epic than she had hoped. It reminded her of a book by a famous author she had read where there was a lot of build-up but the whole thing got wrapped up too quickly and was underwhelming. She was right, of course. The issue was clear now that we played the first and second quests back to back since the first quest had an ending that was a lot more action-packed and memorable. So, that's where I am at. May's going to be a very busy month, but hopefully, we'll finish all the content improvement stuff this month, and focus on other bugs and issues next.

That's all for now.

Cheers
They know how to do PR talk to keep people manipulated. Kudos to that, at least.

Rosswel

Aug 11, 2017
Since Janurary 2, the total polish bar went from 94.4 to 94.5, then back to 94.3, then down to 93, then bounces between 94.5 and 93 for a while, then april 15 it goes down to 84.4, and as of right now it sits at 88.9. In 2024, the total polish percentage went from 94.4% to 88.9%. Either polishing a game that has not much going on apart from a few mouse clicks is extremely complex, or yall getting played.
The thing about the percentage is that while the percentage decrease, the number of thing they polish increase (the number at the right of the progress bar). To my knowledge, they never show their progress by showing asset they made such as character portrait, scene, background etc so it is up to speculation if those numbers are true or not. Personally at this point, I think that instead of a scam, this might be a case of developers being overly ambitious with their game. Regardless, the next update need to be extremely good in quality and size and the longer the wait the higher the expectation will be

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Simbad-sea

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
I want to repose a sequence of cutscenes from Gomira's intro, edit three different parts from the end of Gomira's first quest (it's a long event with a lot of sections one of which is too long and needs to be shortened, another one features new art that I have to add to the game, and the last one doesn't quite work and needs to be redone), and improve the ending of the second quest.
So, already a rework? Multiple cutscenes to redo, a whole quest part to redo, event sections to modify? If i remember, and i may be wrong, i tought the update would consist of 2 quests for her. Redoing what it seems like a decent chunk of 1 quest seems quite excessive. At this point, they should just release what they have. Their customer base is several patreons and a bunch of forum pirates. I highly doubt the change of quality will be noticed by the vast majority of that player pool. At this point, no one will be happy nor satisfied with this update and the longer it takes, especially if its getting a rework even before release, more and more players are gonna be annoyed.

As of now, nothing except a progress tracker .png shows any work done. Were they close to finish then decide to scrap and redo, or was the work never done and they craft themselves more time? If they would aggressively ban people asking them any questions or criticism, i would say its the same M.O. as Icstor. At this point, i'm getting pretty biased on the idea we are being led on.

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
The thing about the percentage is that while the percentage decrease, the number of thing they polish increase (the number at the right of the progress bar). To my knowledge, they never show their progress by showing asset they made such as character portrait, scene, background etc so it is up to speculation if those numbers are true or not. Personally at this point, I think that instead of a scam, this might be a case of developers being overly ambitious with their game. Regardless, the next update need to be extremely good in quality and size and the longer the wait the higher the expectation will be
They do occasionally post spoiler images or sped up animations of Chestnut drawing on Patreon.

Reactions: Kisama33

Rosswel

Aug 11, 2017
They do occasionally post spoiler images or sped up animations of Chestnut drawing on Patreon.
Then I'm wrong and my bad for not knowing this. I personally believe the progress tracker but at this point, I can't blame if people started to doubt it especially since they change their target thus changing the percentage. Still, this is an amazing game and is a project that I really hope to succeed. I just hope that the dev could limit their ambition and don't bite more than they could chew

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Why the fuck they care so much about this orc girl. Two years is enough wasted time, who cares if her ending is not "epic enough".
I wonder what will happen with Holly? How will they make a sheep girl "epic enough"?
they're overcorrecting "perfectionists". in the usual world people think perfectionism is a good thing, it's not. wanting something to be ideal means never compromising and funnily enough, procrastinating (because it gets too big in your mind).

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
We probably won't see the update until late June or July. They will stretch it out as long as they can.

If it took this long for the orc character, I'm terrified to see how long the Holly or the elven princess updates will be...

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
they're overcorrecting "perfectionists". in the usual world people think perfectionism is a good thing, it's not. wanting something to be ideal means never compromising and funnily enough, procrastinating (because it gets too big in your mind).
Hey, that's exactly me! Maybe I should enter the Patreon AVN racket...

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
Lmao what a scam. Two months to fix the gameplay of a game without gameplay.
He is also putting the deadline conveniently at june, exactly one month before it can be said that the update required two years. He is clearly scamming, the update is ready and he is bullshitting for a couple of months to milk the patreons.
"Noooooooooo see guys it didn't take MagicSack 2 years for an update, it only took 1 year and 11 months... he's totally not scamming us guys" - Kekreon subs be like

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
Weekly Report 208

View attachment 3621892

Hi everybody.

Chestnut:

Pistachio:

That's all for now.

Cheers
I can't wait to check out the hours worth of content (PFFFFFFFFFFF) they have spent the last two almost years making.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
For a pirate site, a lot of people here are bitching about money... Especially funny how many people are bringing morality into the argument
Not gonna talk about morality, for me that ship has sailed and sunk. But there's a good reason for people to complain about someone, anyone paying money for halted projects.

Main problem with sites like Patreon is that all they care about is that money flows in every month. Whether something happens between developers and patrons is completely between them. We've seen time and time again how after reaching a steady monthly income, devs feel less pressured to actually provide anything. Unfortunately sometimes they even stop working altogether. If people were a bit tighter with their money and stop payments whenever production stops, there would at least be some hope for progress. But as long as people pay big bucks no matter what the devs do, why do anything? I mean, once you've seen your money flow has peaked, why push yourself further if it's gonna stay there anyway? Hell, if I'd see that there's X amount of money hitting my bank account whether or not I'd actually do something for it, I'd be done. I'd be more likely to create another account and project and start building that up than sweat for something I'd be getting anyway (I already mentioned my morality).

I mean, come on: Do you really expect for something like Summertime Saga to be finished ever? At this point there's just one guy doodling live every now and then and there's still 28K followers paying at least $1 each every month. Some devs won't even bother that much. But if people would stop funding devs for nothing, you'd see one of two things: 1) progress, or 2) still nothing, but at least milkers wouldn't get any milk.

So yeah, there is some sense in crying about other people wasting their money. Whether it helps to cry about it on this particular forum is a whole other thing. But no matter where you are, saying "shut up and wait patiently" most certainly doesn't help. All it could possibly do is the exact opposite.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But if people would stop funding devs for nothing, ...
For that to really happen you really need better alternatives first. Many patrons will be giving money to these games, because they are good games (as they are) in the first place and because there aren't many real 2D alternatives out there.

In reality most alternatives are either your standard VN/RPGM, feature "anime art", are just worse in terms of art quality or take just as long. Now that there's AI, the number of medicore AI-games will add to that, too - most people won't spend significant sums of money on these.

I often hear that other devs would be more deserving, which may even be true. But when it's about money, it's not about what you deserve, but if your product is actually great and popular or not. A good example is "My Pig Princess", which is probably the game on here which comes closest in terms of overall quality (I'd even say it's better). But it's a furry game, which automatically makes you lose 2/3 of your potential audience.

Last edited:

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Weekly Report 208

View attachment 3621892

Hi everybody.

Chestnut:

Pistachio:

That's all for now.

Cheers
No wonder these people are fiction writers with the amount fiction they write weekly to keep milking people.

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Weekly Report 208

View attachment 3621892

Hi everybody.

Chestnut:

Pistachio:

That's all for now.

Cheers
8e6.jpg

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes