Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
WaL updates have never been of 20 minutes playtime. Since patrons voted for full updates (v0.4, Myrtle's story), those have been within the 2-4 hours range. You can think what you want about development time but at least don't spread misinformation.
tbh, with monthly income that you can easily live off of, and a period of development time in which indie studios would have a,ready done at least 2-3 updates, this feels like a convenient excuse.
They earn enough money to easily make this their job, and yet still no update? Even with delays, an update shouldnt take this long, not to mention a parental leave shouldnt be funded by the people paying on patreon, feels scummy af

Reactions: JiraiyaThePervySage

Kas96

Jul 15, 2021
Good night. I went looking for some information about the next update and I was perplexed when I read the title "Abandoned", then I understood that due to the rules of the forum it had to be placed like this.

For my part, I don't think it's a scam (I don't want to think it is either), I think it's too elaborate to be one. If I were going to scam a game I wouldn't care so much about the story and I would use loose images from the internet or shit like that, there is too much work here for everything to be a scam in the end, in addition, there are several updates that have been added I wouldn't even have updated it, I would have left it in its first version and got everything I could get with empty promises.

Now, in this life you cannot trust even your shadow and until they prove otherwise, you cannot defend them either, only time will tell if it is a scam or not and we will not know more about them, which for now (and I hope I'm wrong) is what it seems.

I've been doing a little research and found this link, I don't know if you've already shared it here (probably yes, but there are too many messages to keep up with XD)
I don't know how long it's been since this tab has been updated, but thinking positively, and being a little credulous, it seems like they have little left...

I also started to investigate their patreon and it seems that they have not completely evaporated, but of course, I cannot read their publications because I am not a patron, but the last publication is from yesterday, so for now I will cross my fingers because don't just disappear.
Bruh guy just come out from his hole after 2 year

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
1714557076922.png

After ruining my life with publishing the secret link, I will stil try here to get a little
bit famous.

Here is there progress with secret calculation: 94.8 %.

Damn, help we are going back in time, we lost at least 2% progress. So 2025 is a
lot closer now.

Pablillo1

Jan 28, 2021
View attachment 3592240

After ruining my life with publishing the secret link, I will stil try here to get a little
bit famous.

Here is there progress with secret calculation: 94.8 %.

Damn, help we are going back in time, we lost at least 2% progress. So 2025 is a
lot closer now.
Do you know what the worst thing about so much waiting is? That when it comes out (if it comes out) there will only be 10 scenes and that's where the update ends. Yes, you are going to see important dialogues that help you understand the story (lie, no one reads that, we just put next and save in case the decision we make is wrong) from my perspective, we are only going to see a part of this character. It's not that he's going to be part of the fixed harem (or maybe he is) that you can go and fuck whenever you want, but he's going to be limited. That is, he is not going to see pregnancy or anal, he is not going to see the entire development of the story. The truth is that I don't contribute to the patreon and I consume it pirated but hey I would like them to at least finish it...

Reactions: Bohler
Jul 8, 2021
WaL updates have never been of 20 minutes playtime. Since patrons voted for full updates (v0.4, Myrtle's story), those have been within the 2-4 hours range. You can think what you want about development time but at least don't spread misinformation.
It's just insane to think after all of this waiting saga we will maaaaybe recieve two hours of side content. Their baby will be legally able to play this game before it is finished. Hey, who knows, maybe he will join the development team?

Last edited:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I keep seeing these types of posts popping up in every thread where the devs are taking fucking forever and updates seem to be getting smaller. I realize there is a subjective element to it and perhaps some read... slower? But dude, there is no fucking way a WAL update takes you 4 hours to complete, get the actual fuck out of here with that BS...

Bohler

Jan 13, 2024
Do you know what the worst thing about so much waiting is? That when it comes out (if it comes out) there will only be 10 scenes and that's where the update ends. Yes, you are going to see important dialogues that help you understand the story (lie, no one reads that, we just put next and save in case the decision we make is wrong) from my perspective, we are only going to see a part of this character. It's not that he's going to be part of the fixed harem (or maybe he is) that you can go and fuck whenever you want, but he's going to be limited. That is, he is not going to see pregnancy or anal, he is not going to see the entire development of the story. The truth is that I don't contribute to the patreon and I consume it pirated but hey I would like them to at least finish it...
There are no wrong option or choices in this game. You just need to solve the quests and continue making her your next love partner...

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I keep seeing these types of posts popping up in every thread where the devs are taking fucking forever and updates seem to be getting smaller. I realize there is a subjective element to it and perhaps some read... slower? But dude, there is no fucking way a WAL update takes you 4 hours to complete, get the actual fuck out of here with that BS...
Both extremes are bad.
A update is not going to take you 20 minutes to finish but theres no way is going to take 4 hours either,only if you are the slowest reader in the world or something:LOL:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
True. Two years for two hours of content are fucking insane, but for two hours forty it's a sell. These extra fourty minutes just seal the deal for every fan.
At least you all agree the updates aren't 20 minutes long, as the original comment said, which was the only point I wanted to make. Peace out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OxMann

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I suspect the worst part of waiting is that this is going to 'normalize' this length of dev cycle. Don't get me wrong, even good devs establish market share and then back off to a more sustainable pace (look at the rate Caribdis was cranking out Eternum updates for a while). But the issue here is twofold. Firstly the lies and excuses are so blatantly obvious that anyone paying attention can see this isn't a one off situation. This is how its going to be going forward. Secondly, even if they sped up development considerably, they weren't particularly fast devs in teh first place. Let's be generous and assume they never leave the current city, don't add ANY more LIs and scale down some of their ambitions with the plot and sex scenes. You're still looking at a decade of development time just to finish the main story. Not flesh all the characters, not deliver all the content that is indicated in the gallery and certainly harem content that is even more labor intensive.

I won't go so far as to call this a scam. But I will say that many scams and unfinished passion projects (that wrongly IMO collect thousands of dollars for subs without being worked on) share a few basic tenets. Namely, large, almost unbelieveable promises followed by some content, followed by a steady stream of excuses and 'unavoidable delays' until the project just sort of dies. Legitament projects almost always end, either by being finished in some form or another, or the dev ANNOUNCES they are stopping the project.

Rosswel

Aug 11, 2017
At one side, I believe that the amount of content added on the next update won't be small and the quality will be good too. I even believe that it could easily surpass 2 hours of new content. However, after taking this much time to add those content, it will be very difficult to satisfy a lot of people. The new update quality has to be extremely high if the update after that want to be another big update developed over long amount of time again. Forget about getting new supporter from people that are watching this project closely, even retaining their supporter until the update after the next update will be difficult. As much as I like this game and it developers, I highly doubt that they can fully realize the idea of this game if they retain this development method

Nov 9, 2020
I was being facetious but go off booboo. lets be real if it wasn't sandbox point and click the updates wouldn't last a hour.

4.70 star(s) 445 Votes