VN Ren'Py Wet Sand [v0.6.2f] [Likho Games]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
Hey! To be honest it's hard to create a red-haired pirate girl that doesn't look like an MF :/

In any case I hope Riots don't sue us lol
It would be funny to see a multi-billion dollar trying to sue a Patreon game dev for a character that looks a bit like MF.
Anyway nice art good luck with that.

Reactions: Likho Games

Samhill

Nov 2, 2020
not "bad", just slightly awkward. It seemed to me more convenient to just choose a slot and save in it before some important decisions. It gives me the feeling that I won't overwrite it by accident. :unsure:
You mean that if you quick too many times it will scroll off the page?

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
View attachment 1714060
[VN] [Ren'Py]
This is the Italian translation of Wet Sand [v0.1 Demo]

Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.

**This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"**
Excellent job! Can we contact you before releasing first chapter to translate it officially?

Last edited:

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
Very nice! It's awesome to see a pirate story for a change, I die a little inside every time I see another "NPC is moving back home with his sisters and mom because no money. Oh, NPC is also either unemployed or works in IT/ as a game developer."

Now enough shitting on others, this breath of fresh air isn't only original, it also looks really good!
It brings me back to online RPs I did that were pirate themed and that were just super fun. Or Sid Meier's "Pirates" (gosh that was a cool game! There was a similar Pirates of the Caribbean themed one which I can no longer find)
To prevent copyright strikes, I'd argue you could make weapons overall more realistic and get away from those over-the-top trumpet guns in favor of more realistic muskets and pistols. Yes, some had a slight trumpet shape at the end for easier reload in the heat of battle. But the pop-culture ones just look like people are overcompensating for something or primarily use them as drink horns. Just my opinion.

Looking forward to capturing and enslaving merchants, governors and their daughters as I hope this won't be a romance-only thing. It'd be a waste of a scenario. Maybe you can even build this the story whereas some female crewmates will start hating you if they see that you're raping/enslaving innocent women and either leave your crew or not help you out in certain scenarios. Maybe they'll even try starting a mutiny and you'll be forced to put them into place or leave them abandoned at an island to starve.

That said, an interesting fact about "classic" pirates is that they were organized rather democratic (for that time) and many decisions were made by voting (even if you had more votes or a veto if you were higher up). This is very different to imperial ships that were very hierarchical, certainly didn't allow women and were quick to punish those stepping out of line instead of listening to advice. Meaning there would be those looking forward to more lenient rules (in moderation) and maybe a drink or two before battle to keep your bravery.

Lots and lots of cool scenarios you can build into this one. Really looking forward to it!

Likho Games

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
Very nice! It's awesome to see a pirate story for a change, I die a little inside every time I see another "NPC is moving back home with his sisters and mom because no money. Oh, NPC is also either unemployed or works in IT/ as a game developer."

Now enough shitting on others, this breath of fresh air isn't only original, it also looks really good!
It brings me back to online RPs I did that were pirate themed and that were just super fun. Or Sid Meier's "Pirates" (gosh that was a cool game! There was a similar Pirates of the Caribbean themed one which I can no longer find)
To prevent copyright strikes, I'd argue you could make weapons overall more realistic and get away from those over-the-top trumpet guns in favor of more realistic muskets and pistols. Yes, some had a slight trumpet shape at the end for easier reload in the heat of battle. But the pop-culture ones just look like people are overcompensating for something or primarily use them as drink horns. Just my opinion.

Looking forward to capturing and enslaving merchants, governors and their daughters as I hope this won't be a romance-only thing. It'd be a waste of a scenario. Maybe you can even build this the story whereas some female crewmates will start hating you if they see that you're raping/enslaving innocent women and either leave your crew or not help you out in certain scenarios. Maybe they'll even try starting a mutiny and you'll be forced to put them into place or leave them abandoned at an island to starve.

That said, an interesting fact about "classic" pirates is that they were organized rather democratic (for that time) and many decisions were made by voting (even if you had more votes or a veto if you were higher up). This is very different to imperial ships that were very hierarchical, certainly didn't allow women and were quick to punish those stepping out of line instead of listening to advice. Meaning there would be those looking forward to more lenient rules (in moderation) and maybe a drink or two before battle to keep your bravery.

Lots and lots of cool scenarios you can build into this one. Really looking forward to it!

That's quite a review here, mister!
It's always a pleasure to get such feedback and it truly motivates us to move on.

Yep, we have a lot of stories in reserve, and the attack on the merchant ship with taking a prisoners is already in the first chapter (unreleased for now). Idea to add tragedy to the characters' story is very tempting, it will make them more 'alive' and deep, but I'm afraid it will make too gloomy impression for the game. So we have to balance it with lightweight and frivolous stuff (and it's more difficult than it probably seems).

The mutiny scenario seems interesting, we'll take it into service!

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
That's quite a review here, mister!
It's always a pleasure to get such feedback and it truly motivates us to move on.

Yep, we have a lot of stories in reserve, and the attack on the merchant ship with taking a prisoners is already in the first chapter (unreleased for now). Idea to add tragedy to the characters' story is very tempting, it will make them more 'alive' and deep, but I'm afraid it will make too gloomy impression for the game. So we have to balance it with lightweight and frivolous stuff (and it's more difficult than it probably seems).

The mutiny scenario seems interesting, we'll take it into service!
I agree that being all over the place in terms of atmosphere isn't a good thing, so keeping things more lighthearted is probably for the best as that's where the rest of the game is headed.
That said, for the cnc fans under us, maybe add a girl who *really* pretends to be captured and hate the MC when she gets forced to do things. You know, the bitchy, bratty kind that, when followed afterwards, is furiously masturbating because of how much this whole feeling of powerlessness turned her on. Just an idea ;)

Reactions: monk_56
4.30 star(s) 8 Votes