underwatersparkle

Mar 30, 2022
I got it from gofile link original leak is from page 72 user Adilyaa something uploaded in pixeldrain. Could be false positive i did give it boot to data grave yard after quarantine removed wearelost.exe. Better to be safe than sorry.
i said from ORIGINAL page not from anyone who dont normally compress or upload stuff on here like if me or you or someone unknown posted it i would be very very wary of those but to it varies so yeah and yeh i noticed the that too but i didnt get it though i got it from the OG Post. but still im just glad it got leaked so it is win win for everyone the dev gets new subs off it and we get to play it is win win in fact if im correct he has gained anywhere between 3 to 4 new members just in last little while he gained 1 new one so yeah it is win win for everyone so im VERY GRATEFUL for that though

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023
for the most part it is a a Novel with choices but it plays more like a kinetic novel few choices hardly to choose from thus far
Yeah. I hate kinetic novels it's basically the dev being lazy because they don't want to program different routes with different choices in the game, it's basically just like reading a regular book BUT with pictures and dialogue. I dont play these games just for the fapping capabilities but by the choices I make just like in RL.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
The exe seems to be fine:

Also it is the same one that was before as you can see my patch here, has only the game folder so no changed exe.
Game was scanned with 3 different Anti Virs and all + Virus total say its fine. Not sure where the Virus alerts come from tbh.

Reactions: y0081268

Jester35

Jul 28, 2017
The exe seems to be fine:

Also it is the same one that was before as you can see my patch here. has only the game folder so no changed exe.
Game was scanned with 3 different Anti Virs and all + Virus total say its fine. Not sure where the Virus alerts come from tbh.
The .exe copies itself to a route outside where you are playing it. Basically renpy in appdata.
This doesn't seem a common thing since no other game made in renpy does that or triggers antivirus. It is not the .exe itself but something the .exe ends up calling and triggering. Definitely suspicious.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
The .exe copies itself to a route outside where you are playing it. Basically renpy in appdata.
This doesn't seem a common thing since no other game made in renpy does that or triggers antivirus. It is not the .exe itself but something the .exe ends up calling and triggering. Definitely suspicious.
Ren'Py stores save data in %APPDATA%/RenPy, but there shouldn't be any exes in there.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
It did stop the game, but I gat a security alert from my security software in the latest update
It happens each time I run the game

<ESET>
<LOG>
<RECORD>
<COLUMN NAME="Time">10/05/2024 19:03:31</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Scanner">Real-time file system protection</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Object type">file</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Object">C:\Users\***********\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\bin\WeAreLost.exe</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Detection">a variant of MSIL/GenKryptik.GXLZ trojan</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Action">cleaned by deleting</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Information">Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Users\******* *****\Desktop\WeAreLost-v0.4.4-Beta-pc\WeAreLost.exe (5D27D2577B6FB5DB5E1F3B0C913C31B28DAB312E).</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="Hash">A8E0C1E28966992B21770683F43EDA0090BAB3DC</COLUMN>
<COLUMN NAME="First seen here">10/05/2024 19:03:23</COLUMN>
</RECORD>
</LOG>
</ESET>

postalgibbon

Jul 19, 2020
This what happened in my end. Game is trying to make second exe in appdata/roaming and that was quarantined and blocked by my AV not the original exe in different drive where i keep these AVN's stored. I know nothing of how renpy functions so i don't know if this is normal or not (it could be just false positive who knows).

Reactions: Jester35

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Game is now fine. I checked it and deleted the script that was causing the malware to download. For safety I also rebuild the file.
Aside from the Thread and the Warning Sam already made. I want to remind you too to be very cautious with Ren'py games atm. Please redownload the game.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
I'm kinda bummed out with this tbh. My dumbass should have noticed it. I checked the .py that was modified in the games yesterday, because I already suspicious. But I didn't check the game folder. They already changed their method. Should have noticed it :(

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
So, is safe to download it now?
Let's think together for a bit:

- You read a warning, as I did
- The same persons that put up that warning, have control over the links posted to download
- If the downloadable versions weren't safe, would they let them there? No, they would NOT
- ???
- Now, what do we make of this? Is it safe to download it now?

Peace :(

Reactions: Alexander_Hamilton

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
What the hell? Is that copied .exe coming from the dev?
NVM : It seems someone leaked the game and put their own modified file into the game.

uhtredviking

Sep 30, 2017
Let's think together for a bit:

- You read a warning, as I did
- The same persons that put up that warning, have control over the links posted to download
- If the downloadable versions weren't safe, would they let them there? No, they would NOT
- ???
- Now, what do we make of this? Is it safe to download it now?

Peace :(
So “yes” or “no”?

3.30 star(s) 39 Votes