VN Ren'Py Wasting Time - Development Thread

Pink Knight

Apr 22, 2019

Hey guys! I am the Pink Knight. And I'm here to introduce you to my upcoming, W.I.P. visual novel Wasting Time!​

In my game, you'll assume the role of Cherryville's newest resident - who'll be named by you and furthermore, will also be formed by your actions and decisions. Your parents sent you to this peculiar town because your grades weren't the greatest - but if Cherryville is known for something, it's the fact that its university will turn nobody away, even the dumbest of people. Cherryville will be filled with interesting and extraordinary characters. It is up to you and what you're doing whether they will hate or fall in love with you. Time is money, time is love - that's why you should avoid... wasting time. ;-)

I had to start the Patreon page early, due to the fact that Patreon is in the process of rolling out its new payout design, where every page launched after the 7th of May will not get the same benefits as sites who have been started before that. So now that the Patreon site is out, I thought I could give you all a first look at my project. Check out the Patreon site for the game for more info: - Feel free to pledge but please realize that the first release might need some more time as I don't want to release a 5-minute-demo to the world. The Patreon page will give you a first look at some of the girls and provide general information about my motivation and the course I set for the game!

F95Zone has introduced me to the world of these types of visual novels and I think it'd be stupid to pretend that "deluxe releases" would be smart choices for pledge rewards. The game will always be free and content-wise, you'll get all the extras I'll ever make when pledging the 3$ tier. Everything above that will just give you more power on how the development of the game, particularly the story and characters, will proceed after each release. I suggest you just bookmark the Patreon page in case you like the first glimpse of the game and consider pledging after playing the first release (if you like it!).

Please check out these first screenshots, let me know what you think, and of course, feel free to ask any questions! I'm open to anything and anyone, and of course I'll give this thread a look at least once a day to keep possible discussions going while answering your questions.

Some first screenshots (including the custom-made main menu!):

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg screen3.jpg screen4.jpg screen5.jpg screen6.jpg screen7.jpg screen8.jpg

Reactions: Reifon

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Looks decent, nice renders Pink. I do like the neon lights titles and the bright sunny atmosphere the renders give me. 'Cherryville' sounds like a calm small town to pop in and create some havoc. Hope your cherrytree has many more pretty blossoms to enjoy. I'm always in favour of a naughty little Harley Quinn to take her flower. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Perhaps tell us a bit about the chars you plan to add and their backgrounds. I've seen you did some more renders already. You could use this thread as a release thread once you go public, so a little more info cannot hurt.