Ren'Py - Completed - Wands and Witches [v0.98 Beta] [Great Chicken Studio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Sinphil

Concept is great but delivery is ordinary.

So far on male MC only one of the female characters is actually as far as having sex. Yet they are adding side events and Lavender that totally outside mechanics. So you grind all these relationships and points for no returns and then some randoms just thrown in with no effort needed.

The one character you can actually score with cheats on you and you cant confront her or do anything about it so you virtually cucked.

The artwork is nice but there is still very little content and what content there is is mostly unrelated to grind.

Very little storyline and what there is just parallels books.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

WOLVERINE55

My favorite game in the atmosphere of Harry Potter. The drawing style is interesting and original. The plot is pretty cool. The very way of playing good (although it is monotonous to learn, especially how you want to make it and have all the items for 20 for the exam). The game is not funny and funny by force, some jokes are not much and I like it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Vindetta

In fact, I do not really like hand-drawn games but I immediately liked this game, an interesting story and pleasant quests. I hope the game will evolve and quests will be more interesting, and pictures of different interesting events(you know what I mean) will be greater and they will be more honest.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Omega Dominus

Well done, really cool game. It needs just two things: more updates and a cheat menu... to be honest, every game which has no cheat menu, needs one;)
    PS. Sorry for my bad English but I'm from Bavaria.
    Servus
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Rolo

I do not write many reviews, but this game is outstanding. (v0.62c)

Superb in every aspect. I love the story, the lovely writing full of deeper sense and wisdom, atmospheric music, and mostly - the kind of graphics.

The big and beautiful "rolling" eyes of the girls make them so much ALIVE, expressing totally "realistic" emotions and body-language. Somehow I felt being back at school for myself, with lots of relationship stress at those times.

Game mechanics are also fantastic. Because there are relationship values between all NPCs (all to all), many social structure developments are possible. E.g. if you are not fast enough with leveling up the relation to "your girl", she will tell you someday that her heart belongs to someone else now (and you will find her, kissing your rival at a secret place).

Edit for v0.79:
    This game is still one of my absolute favourite one. While others are worn out after some months or so, this game becomes even better and better with time. Great replayability cos of many possible paths and variations.

With console commands, I like to watch the development of the relations variables (very interesting, devs have put so much depth into this game structure).

This is a real and seldom gem, recommendable to everyone (not only HP fans).
  6. 5.00 star(s)

vir_cotto

TBH, I knew what I could expect - I played GCS' My Strange Sis.

Unique graphics style, choices that matters... It's not another DAZ-3D--Ren'Py combo (although I like 'em if there's a good story). I think parody genre could be the next big thing - after hundreds of incest-themed games - and WaW is and will be among the best of them.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Manfegor

In it's own way unique and quite beautiful art. Very-very nice! I really like these drawns. It ssems like the characters become more beautiful with each update, especially Luna in the new v0.3. The characters are very much recognizable although they are somewhat different as they pictured in the books. But that's not bad critic, I really like these.

The story is quite good so far, the quests are interesting and some of them are quite hard to find, which makes it even challenging. Excellent.
    Also with the quest where you have multiple choice, and the quest will be different based on your choice, i would like to see much more of these quests.

I can't wait what the future versions will bring.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.31b...

A bit of a grindy game, but that may be because not a lot of content for all the different characters maybe? This game is meant to be a parody of the Harry Potter series...

The visuals are 2D hand drawn, and they look really well done... They fit the concept of a parody very well... Same with the backgrounds... The user interface is done very well and is easy to figure out...

The script is very well done as I hardly ran into any spelling/grammar errors... The plot revolves around either a male or female protagonist, your decision... The protagonist is attending a Magic University (aka adult take on the school), where he/she must study and build relationships... There are several stats, skills, relationships, etc. to grind out... It seems as though this game is a relationship based erotic game, although it takes a while to get to any erotic stuff, beyond some nude shots of your character in the shower, that you can see anytime... There is a quest system that you can open up as you progress, which is a nice feature...

There is a lot of poking fun at the Harry Potter series, but not a huge amount of actual humor that I found made me laugh, all that often... Which was a bummer, as I expected a lot more humor as supposed to just poking fun, now and then... Most of the attempts at humor came in the form of sexual dreams, and or sexual things that randomly happen during lectures, but I didn't find myself laughing at most of those... There were a few slapstick type moments that gave me a chuckle, but because it is a grindy game, it tended to take on a more serious tone with the time gaps between those moments... I spent most of my time trying to increase relationship status with various characters, which became tedious and boring after a while... Especially since skilling up and relationship increasing appears to be chance based... The quest chains tended to have a bit more humor to them, but they don't occur very quickly...

Overall, this game shows a lot of promise with the excellent visuals, and the story elements, when they presented themselves were also enjoyable... But because so much time is spent on the grind, between the enjoyable moments, eventually I just had to stop playing... I spent probably around 4 hours playing, got through Ginie's story content, did a few quests for other characters, and just found myself getting bored of going through the same dialogue when grinding out relationship and skills... Going from place to place seeing if anything new opened up... I can see this game having the possibility of a huge amount of potential, but it needs a huge amount of more content to fill in the gaps while grinding... Will I revisit this game? Probably once it is a lot further into development...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Kiiiro

love this game cant wait for an update. The Artwork Style of the game is great. And who doesnt want to be in Hogwarts with all the hot girls and boys ;) And i like the concept with learning skills and sll the stuff .Cant wait to see more stuff like this great work.