FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Some observations about the game.
1. I'm close to the middle of the game but I haven't seen the purpose of fighting monsters so far.
Usually in RPGs fighting monsters is supposed to either train you for some boss fight for story progression, or it should allow you to gather resources to craft some equipment, or do some quests. But here it seems that fighting monsters exists just for the purpose of fighting monsters. The only thing it does is artificially delaying your progression in the game.
2. It should be written in the textbooks that ALL THE DUDES DURING THE SEX SCENES MUST BE MUTED and their lines must be done with subtitles. IMO the devs could've avoided voicing male characters altogether and the game wouldn't have lost anything.
3. The volume of characters and sfx is inconsistent. E.g. during the dialogs with "Magic Fingers" guy and the boat guy they're too loud compared to Elise. Also the sfx volume is too loud during fights compared to Elise's voice even though the sfx and voice volumes are set to be the same in the options. But no one will fix it sadly.

Overall the game is likable. The sex scenes are hot and well animated. The voice acting of Elise is good. And considering that this is an indie game I think it's somewhat underrated. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5.
Fights can be for the purpose of the story. If I am watching a movie about a zombie fighting warrior, and that warrior doesn't fight some zombies along the line, I will be a bit disappointed. The same can work for games.
I haven't played this game in a while and don't remember much, but I assume that if you're fighting something or someone, and not gaining any rewards for it, then the fighting is just to add to the lifestyle of the characters.

Loro

Jun 29, 2017
Fights can be for the purpose of the story. If I am watching a movie about a zombie fighting warrior, and that warrior doesn't fight some zombies along the line, I will be a bit disappointed. The same can work for games.
I haven't played this game in a while and don't remember much, but I assume that if you're fighting something or someone, and not gaining any rewards for it, then the fighting is just to add to the lifestyle of the characters.
I think you referring to a movie is actually important here. Most of the time you are just walking, talking to villagers and watching scenes. It feels like an interactive movie. The point is, in this game, combat was implemented as a gameplay feature, taking a too big role in the game. But there actually is no real gameplay, since the game feels more like a walking simulator or like an interactive movie. That's why, gameplay-wise, combat feels wrong in this game for most players.

Last edited:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
It crashes when I get to the castle door...very beginning of the game.
Did it twice.

mimospros

Apr 2, 2018
Hello BaasB
I downloaded the game bevor 2Days because I really liked the story and pictures, but unfortunately I can't get past the start screen. Have win 10 32bit 21H1
8GB ram 6 free . After the first failed attempt the Unity crash handler clicked with the same result.what else can it be or must one open the U-C-H and then insert where.

LG Silana
Unity crash handler problem: run in powersaving mode, if possible. Switch game into window 1280x720. Close game and turn off powersaving. Now game works, but don't switch to fullscreen if you aren't sure that the thing will not repeat itself.

Now for any modder: can somebody make an patch to remove: shaders, shadows, motion blur, antialising, depth of field, post processing and of course this things that makes game look less sharper in pixels (it works almost like depth of field, but over whole screen), and, maybe, grass? Please? Pal here have 8GB ram, but I am have only four, and graphics settings didn't have anything of these, but I'm pretty sure they are turned on - UGLY MOTION BLUR (ALL MOTION BLURS ARE UGLY FOR ME, since me vision already not perfect, why I need to see smothered pictures even in games, when I can look at them in real life?) almost killed my eyes when I finally managed to press "start".

Arioth

Feb 15, 2021
I made a couple of clothing mods. Really they are just edits to classes in the Assembly-CSharp.dll to allow for the mixing and matching of existing clothing. Both versions of the mod replace the "Royal Undies" outfit, so you can only use one mod at a time. Both versions of the mod come with five breast sizes (A-E). Size D is the original size from the base game.

I created a second version of both mods that hides the fairy floating over Elise's shoulder. I thought it was ugly due to the movement blur. The fairy abilities still work, but I haven't played the whole game yet, so not sure if there will be issues with this.

I haven't extensively tested the breast size changes that can be done from within the game, but them seem to still work and wear off as intended with the mod installed. If I screwed up or you don't want to take a chance with that, just use breast size D from either mod. That does not change breast size at all so it shouldn't interfere with other breast size changes.

Installation:
  1. Make a copy of the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file located at:
\<WanderLust Root Folder>\WanderLust_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll​
  1. Choose either "Outfit A" or "Outfit B" and then choose the breast size you want by navigating to the correct folder in the provided archive.
  2. From in the breast size folder copy the "WanderLust_Data" folder to the root of your WanderLust game folder and overwrite.
You can undo the changes by simply overwriting the copy of "Assembly-CSharp.dll" located in the game folder with the one you made a copy of before you started. Likewise, you can change mods at anytime by overwriting that file (though you probably need to restart the game for the change to take effect).

Both mods are based on the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" that came with the version of the game available for download from this thread, so if it was already edited, those edits are still there.

Outfit A - Breast Size D:

WL-D-B-O1.png WL-D-F-O1.png

Outfit A - Breast Size A - No Fairy:

WL-D-F-NF-O1.png

Outfit B - Breast Size D:

WL-D-B-O2.png WL-D-F-O2.png

Last edited:

Arioth

Feb 15, 2021
Unity crash handler problem: run in powersaving mode, if possible. Switch game into window 1280x720. Close game and turn off powersaving. Now game works, but don't switch to fullscreen if you aren't sure that the thing will not repeat itself.

Now for any modder: can somebody make an patch to remove: shaders, shadows, motion blur, antialising, depth of field, post processing and of course this things that makes game look less sharper in pixels (it works almost like depth of field, but over whole screen), and, maybe, grass? Please? Pal here have 8GB ram, but I am have only four, and graphics settings didn't have anything of these, but I'm pretty sure they are turned on - UGLY MOTION BLUR (ALL MOTION BLURS ARE UGLY FOR ME, since me vision already not perfect, why I need to see smothered pictures even in games, when I can look at them in real life?) almost killed my eyes when I finally managed to press "start".
I have an NVIDIA card and in the GeForce Control Panel I overrode the settings for the application and let the driver control them. I found the game looked better that way. Not perfect, but better. I find that enabling adaptive v-sync often helps with issues like this as well. The only thing thing that still really looks bad is the fairy, but I am going to see if I can mod that out.

That said, you might also be able to disable some more graphics settings via editing the file:

\<WanderLust Root Folder>\WanderLust_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

If you know a bit of programming it isn't too hard to read. You can open it using a free program called dnSpy.
  1. Make a copy of the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file as a backup. If you mess up the live one, you can just overwrite it with the copy you make
  2. Open "Assembly-CSharp.dll" in dnSpy.
  3. Expand "Assembly-CSharp.dll" in the left pane until you see the dropdown for the entry labelled "{} -". Anything that might help is probably under that section.
  4. Right-click the class on in the left pane that you want to edit and choose "Edit Class (C#)...".
  5. In the new window that opens, you can make any edits you want. When you are done editing, click the "Compile" button at the bottom. If there are any errors, you will have to fix them before it will let you compile.
  6. From the dnSpy "File" menu choose "Save All..."
  7. Fire up the game and test your edits.
At the very least there is an "AntiAliasingSettings" class and a "GameOptions" class that might have something helpful for you.

dnSpy1.JPG

For anyone else that is interested, all the edits in the two mods I made are in the "EliseBoobManager" and "EliseClothingManager" classes.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019
I made a couple of clothing mods. Really they are just edits to classes in the Assembly-CSharp.dll to allow for the mixing and matching of existing clothing. Both versions of the mod replace the "Royal Undies" outfit, so you can only use one mod at a time. Both versions of the mod come with five breast sizes (A-E). Size D is the original size from the base game.

I created a second version of both mods that hides the fairy floating over Elise's shoulder. I thought it was ugly due to the movement blur. The fairy abilities still work, but I haven't played the whole game yet, so not sure if there will be issues with this.

I haven't extensively tested the breast size changes that can be done from within the game, but them seem to still work and wear off as intended with the mod installed. If I screwed up or you don't want to take a chance with that, just use breast size D from either mod. That does not change breast size at all so it shouldn't interfere with other breast size changes.

Installation:
  1. Make a copy of the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" file located at:
\<WanderLust Root Folder>\WanderLust_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll​
  1. Choose either "Outfit A" or "Outfit B" and then choose the breast size you want by navigating to the correct folder in the provided archive.
  2. From in the breast size folder copy the "WanderLust_Data" folder to the root of your WanderLust game folder and overwrite.
You can undo the changes by simply overwriting the copy of "Assembly-CSharp.dll" located in the game folder with the one you made a copy of before you started. Likewise, you can change mods at anytime by overwriting that file (though you probably need to restart the game for the change to take effect).

Both mods are based on the "Assembly-CSharp.dll" that came with the version of the game available for download from this thread, so if it was already edited, those edits are still there.

Outfit A - Breast Size D:

View attachment 3580228 View attachment 3580234

Outfit A - Breast Size A - No Fairy:

View attachment 3581269

Outfit B - Breast Size D:

View attachment 3580238 View attachment 3580239
Hell yeah, dude. Good work.

Reactions: Arioth
3.80 star(s) 29 Votes