• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py VN Ren'Py : how to "lock" again gallery ? (aka "fresh start")

Mickey_3x

Aug 31, 2020
Hello everyone, thanks for reading !

I played some VN RenPy games, everything being smooth and fine.

Then I DL this (well known game) Melody
https://f95zone.to/threads/melody-v1-00-extras-mrdots-games.10668/

I downloaded on this topic the Nopy & Mega HQ version (windows) then the 1.8g Nopy version (windows)

But everytime, even after I 'deleted' the savegames in the User/.., the game always launches with everything UNLOCKED from the start.

I would like to have a normal playthrough, with locked galleries (it helps me to check how I progress in game)

Can someone help me please, and tell me which file I have to delete before I launch the game to have a "normal" start, without everything unlocked?

I feel kind of lost ! Thanks !

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Delete the persistent file in the appdata and the games saves folder.

Mickey_3x

Aug 31, 2020
Done, but not successfull

install the game
delete in app data melody savegames
+ looking into the Melody game folder itself, but no persistent file to erase (it appears after a first launch, but everything directly unlocked)

Only persistent file i find inside Melody is in the Renpy folder, but i guess that this the engine part, and you dont touch those files :)

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
delete in app data melody savegames...
Just downloaded it and a persistent file to try out. Making sure the two persistent files were gone has work with every other Ren'Py game I've tried it with, but for some reason not Melody and I have no idea why.

I even completely deleted it's appdata folder and the game entirely, the gallery is still there after redownloading it.

Mickey_3x

Aug 31, 2020
Oki, so I am not crazy about this issue !! ahah :)

was just surprised that i am the only one who seems to see this as an issue ahah :LOL:

Thanks for the help btw !!

Reactions: TheBlueKnight