Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Trial version of vq 2 is complete!
VQ2 v1.1 was glitched [...], he's updated it to v1.4 lol
For those interested in VQ2 trial v1.4, I did a little cleanup so I thought I would upload and share it here:
This provides no translations. I just:
  • extracted the files from the zip archive (which uses CP932/SJIS encoded filenames in violation of the zip specification)
  • renamed the main directory (its Japanese seemed to cause problems upon execution for me)
  • reencoded a few files that had CP932/SJIS content (Game.ini and マニュアル\お借りしたスクリプト・素材・フォント.txt)
  • decrypted and extracted the files from the RGSS archive, creating a project file for the game editor
  • archived everything back into a 7z archive (which should never have any filename encoding issues)
This should allow one to extract and run "out of the box" (including making debug runs using the "test" command-line argument to manipulate switches and variables). It also should allow one to perform edits like translations more easily.

busa-guy

Feb 17, 2019
how I can save this game? I can't find any way :/ - thank you
if you mean how to save your progress in the game it's....
X to show the menu
then select the bottom tab with Z (in image)
then Z again on top tab that appears
you're now in the save screen, hope this helps.

Daniel-7136

Apr 23, 2021
thanks, but what i mean is that the data is not saved when i close the game. When I turned the game back on, all the data was not saved and I had to start over :(

busa-guy

Feb 17, 2019
thanks, but what i mean is that the data is not saved when i close the game. When I turned the game back on, all the data was not saved and I had to start over :(
Huh?, that is strange.....
Perhaps the game folder is in a protected section of your C: drive and your OS is protecting itself???
You could try moving the whole folder somewhere else and try to save again.
Preferably D: drive or if not then try placing the folder at the root of C: drive and see...
If your game saved as it should there will be a file in your game folder something like this...Save01.rvdata2.
Hope you solve this..... good luck

Reactions: Daniel-7136

busa-guy

Feb 17, 2019
Also I know it's silly, but just so you know when you have a save file present,
on the start screen the top option is continue and 2nd is start new game.
almost all other games it's the reverse.

Morello112

Aug 18, 2017
Does anyone know in VQ2 demo what to do when you get the apparent repeatable prostitution missions? I can't find anyone to do it with...

Fatso999

Jul 14, 2019
Does anyone know in VQ2 demo what to do when you get the apparent repeatable prostitution missions? I can't find anyone to do it with...
First one is located in a house in the East residential district, then the others are random NPCs I think? They had the same CGs though, just different text so the actual content is kinda dull

Elfrey

Nov 14, 2018
I went through the tread but didn't find any post about a 1.06 version fully translated. Does something like this exist ?

I went on ULMF too and there again I didn't find anything.

Do you guys have a link or a translation file to share ?

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
I went through the tread but didn't find any post about a 1.06 version fully translated. Does something like this exist ?

I went on ULMF too and there again I didn't find anything.

Do you guys have a link or a translation file to share ?
To my knowledge there is no complete translation. 1.06 has fewer bugs since the developer fixed things but there is a better English translation for 1.04. No one has yet done the work to complete the translation much less attempt to port the more complete 1.04 translation to 1.06. As I am sure you know, asking for something does not make it so. Eventually someone will have to do the hard work to translate it if there is any hope of having such a result for the benefit of everyone (that can understand English and has little to no Japanese or would just prefer English for some other reason). Feel free to step up if you like but complaining about it will likely get you no where fast.

I have considered working on this myself (since I know Japanese and the programming technology for translation) but have not yet managed to find the time.

Dec 2, 2020
For those interested in VQ2 trial v1.4, I did a little cleanup so I thought I would upload and share it here:
This provides no translations. I just:
  • extracted the files from the zip archive (which uses CP932/SJIS encoded filenames in violation of the zip specification)
  • renamed the main directory (its Japanese seemed to cause problems upon execution for me)
  • reencoded a few files that had CP932/SJIS content (Game.ini and マニュアル\お借りしたスクリプト・素材・フォント.txt)
  • decrypted and extracted the files from the RGSS archive, creating a project file for the game editor
  • archived everything back into a 7z archive (which should never have any filename encoding issues)
This should allow one to extract and run "out of the box" (including making debug runs using the "test" command-line argument to manipulate switches and variables). It also should allow one to perform edits like translations more easily.
Can you upload that to mega, I hate pixeldrain

Reactions: Blackrockomega

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Can you upload that to mega, I hate pixeldrain
No, I have found no way to upload to MEGA. Perhaps there is a way if one creates an account there but I have no intention to do that. That said, anyone should feel free to do so themselves if that is available to you.

xmaterial

Nov 10, 2017
Guys, if you want to avoid unnecesary downloads of VQ2, in winrar you can press ctrl + e and change the language manually, its the same.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes