VN Ren'Py Vertex - Unbreakable Bond [Development Thread]

UnbreakableGames

May 19, 2023
Banner_1.jpg

Thank you for checking out the development thread of VERTEX - Unbreakable Bond

Hi guys, I've started working on my first game, a RenPy visual novel called "VERTEX - Unbreakable Bond". After getting more familiar with DAZ, I thought now would be a good time to share some first ideas and renders. I'd love to hear your feedback, so feel free to comment on anything!

Story

You are a special forces soldier and have just returned from a mission abroad, when your commander is killed during the heist of a groundbreaking novel computer chip. A task force is formed with the goal to find the perpetrators and prevent misuse and reproduction of the chip, which is supposed to give machines human-level intelligence. As you crave for vengeance, you become part of the task force. You meet Mia, who lost her mentor, too, and start to form bonds with her and the other members of the task force. Can you protect them from what's to come? And will you loose yourself on your quest for vengeance?

Gameplay

This will be a story-driven visual novel. I'll try to include decisions that really affect the outcome of the story. Your interactions with the various girls will affect your relationships, and these will affect how your missions are conducted. I thought about including open world elements, but this would be too much for now, maybe at a later stage.

Lewd content will not include incest, but many other kinks. Below's a list of the planned tags.

Planned tags

3DCG, Male Protagonist, Anal Sex, Creampie, Exhibitionism, Footjob, Group Sex, Milf, Multiple Penetration, Oral Sex, Sex Toys, Spanking, Teasing, Titfuck, Vaginal Sex

Characters

The most important characters and their backstories. Two images per character, the second being a bit "spicier". But don't worry, there'll soon be more spicy renders.

MC

After the death of his parents, MC grew up with his aunt and uncle. Not only did he loose his parents when he was a child, he also had to endure his abusive uncle. Ultimately, he and his aunt left him to start over at the west coast. Temporarily, he skipped school and did drugs to cope with the trouble at home. But his tough childhood also made MC extremely protective and loyal towards his family and friends, a trait that only grew stronger ones he entered the army and later joined the special forces.

Mike_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Mike_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Mia

Mia's parents immigrated from Columbia when she was a baby. As the youngest of four siblings, she always had to fight for her fair share. She is nerdy and sometimes arrogant towards strangers, but warm and empathetic towards her friends. After studying electrical engineering, she started working for the AI startup "DeepAI Dynamics".

Mia_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Mia_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Nataliya

Nataliya has Russian roots and studied software engineering in Moscow. The intelligence service recruited her after coming back. She later learned that her father used to work there, too, and had to leave Russia when he was about to be uncovered. Nataliya loves spending time outside hiking and camping with her dog.

Nataliya_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Nataliya_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Hana

Working as a barista at a local café, Hana is always looking for social events and trying to make new friends. Because she grew up in a small, rural town, this has not always been the case. Back then, her parents didn't allow Hana to go out. Rebelling against them, she decided to begin her own life by moving to the city.

Hana_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Hana_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Zoe

Coming from a family of doctors, it was only a question of which medical profession Zoe would choose. As a trauma surgeon at a military hospital, her job can get chaotic and messy. So she likes her free time quiet, with a book in her hand or at the nude beach.

Zoe_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Zoe_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Ena

For her entire life, Ena has only known violence. Growing up as an orphan in Japan, she was later taken care of by the head of a mafia clan and trained as a hitman. Ena was taught that she could never have dreams and desires of her own, only duty and loyalty towards her clan. When she is dropped by the head of her clan, she begins questioning her purpose and falls into a hole she cannot escape by herself.

Ena_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Ena_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Charlotte

Charlotte is the full (stereotypical) Texas package, from hunting, over fishing to helping her father on the farm. She was an only child and always wanted to take over her parents' farm. That was until she almost crashed in a small plane over Alaska. While the other passengers swore to never board a plane again, this experience sparked a suicidal passion for flying in her; and a commitment to danger. So much that she enlisted in the army and became a fighter pilot.

Charlotte_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Charlotte_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Elisabeth

As the head of the cybersecurity department of the central intelligence unit, Elisabeth is tough and sharp. Before her promotion, she worked as an agent overseas. But it was clear from the beginning that she was destined to take a leading role. There is no time for activities besides her job, but Elisabeth is said to pick one of her subordinates to play a round of chess from time to time and when thinking about a problem.

Elisabeth_portrait_shownote_1.jpg Elisabeth_portrait_shownote_2.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 6574695

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Hello, fellow starting developer! It's great to see someone who also is starting with his development journey. You seem to have planned out the story, with a diverse cast of characters and an interesting premise. Your renders look great!

I can't wait to see where this goes. Good luck, my friend!

UnbreakableGames

May 19, 2023
Hello, fellow starting developer! It's great to see someone who also is starting with his development journey. You seem to have planned out the story, with a diverse cast of characters and an interesting premise. Your renders look great!

I can't wait to see where this goes. Good luck, my friend!
Thank you! I just saw your dev thread, good luck to you, too!

UnbreakableGames

May 19, 2023
Hi guys, it's high time for an update!

The story is completely planned out now and I have sketched the scenes of the first chapter (Chapter 0), that is kind of a prologue. I plan to release the game when Chapter 0 is complete. Now I'm working on the first two scenes, using sounds, transitions, and I'm also trying to implement animated sprites to make the characters more lively.

The idea is to use these scenes to find out what kind of style I want to adopt / what kind of atmosphere the game should have. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I liked the idea and just go along for now.

Here are some of the new renders, hope you like them!

What's this guy up to?
20231023_Vertex_shownote_3.jpg

Somebody needs a new haircut
20231023_Vertex_shownote_2.jpg

No naked girls for now, just Mia after getting up. I don't want to spoil the fun :D
20231023_Vertex_shownote_1.jpg

As always, I appreciate your feedback!

DudeLegend69

Jul 11, 2022
When do you think that the first version will be available ?
I also really appreciate the fact that you created characters from other countries, kind of refreshing to see non-American characters in a VN.