3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

Unreal Bober

Nov 16, 2018
How many games do you think would be made without Patreon?

I'll give you a hint.

Not many.
So early while we dont have this "MMM" system we have not many games but they've been finished and cool and after they been complete the autors can earn money. Now we have hundreds of games on every type of taste but they are soon be abandon beileve me because patreon not forcing developers to fucking finish their games, you know like contract for work!
Read all do not pull one sentence out of the text, I wrote the same thing above in the text.

Atsu

Sep 23, 2017

Again, not extensively tested, but seems more stable than 1.6 (at least it does not crash on using items on whores/crewmen for me anymore).

@crust could you please update the OP once more?

Reactions: brynhildr

MasterChan

Aug 20, 2018
is it just me or is the game way to buggy? it crashes A LOT, freezes when trying to open/close menus and takes up WAYYYYYYY too much memory than it should while running

czertik

Apr 25, 2018
hmmm, based on changelog...they fixed only cca 20% of annoing bugs...so still no reason to play it.

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Hey guys, I'm noticing more complaints about bugs in this thread (which I don't check often), that I haven't received reports on through discord or the bug document :eek:

I had myself and 3 testers run through the game for the first [Expeditions] build so it should be far more stable than before, but with a game this ambitious, there will be bugs that slip through the net unfortunately.

If you are interested in helping out the project, please report your bugs / suggestions / issues to me directly and I will log them for resolution, to be fixed as soon as I can :)

You can contact me via email or directly via or report bugs via the .

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
For me it the first loading screen opens up and then the game loads to 100%.

Then it closes.

Does this game actually run on anyone's computer?

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
@Obscure The game loads a lot of HD images into memory, and I've not yet made much optimisations for lower end systems (e.g. lower resolution textures)

If you open task manager, go to the 'performance' tab, then watch the 'memory' section, does it hit close to 100% before crashing? The game needs about 3GB available ram

If you dont think ram is the issue, can you run the game using the debug.bat file (in the game folder) which keeps the error console open, and posting the start of the error (where it says EXCEPTION)

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
Yeah it looks like the game is trying to load a .png image for a sex scene animation, but possibly running out of memory to store it, and crashing as a result.

Optimising the memory usage of the game is no quick task, so I don't have plans to tackle that issue any time soon unfortunately.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
That cant be right, there's still no sex scene with the hydra? This is one of those games I really enjoy, but will never see a end, at least not to its full potential. They're trying to satisfy every fetish, straight, futa, gay, MaleMC, and FemaleMC but not really delivering on any of them. This is a even worse situation then Breeding Season in some ways. This game is going to end up........ is in development hell.

Seriously though why is the futa a more developed character content wise then Tiana or Aurelia, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
That cant be right, there's still no sex scene with the hydra? This is one of those games I really enjoy, but will never see a end, at least not to its full potential. They're trying to satisfy every fetish, straight, futa, gay, MaleMC, and FemaleMC but not really delivering on any of them. This is a even worse situation then Breeding Season in some ways. This game is going to end up........ is in development hell.

Seriously though why is the futa a more developed character content wise then Tiana or Aurelia, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
Breeding Season was a team of about 10+ people I believe, pulling in 5 figures a month, it is not fair to compare their project mine, where I work as a solo developer commissioning quality artists whenever I can be luckily enough to catch one with time for a commission :unsure:

The [Kinkster] update planned on the roadmap for this year is set to fill in all the gaps in lewd content, but specifically refine all of the lewd content already in there. I'll be doing these artwork / animation updates alone for the most part (as finding artists who are skilled enough to match the style required is very difficult, as those artists are already busy with commissions or their own projects)

VS roadmap V3.jpg

I request that you manage your expectations for Venture Seas based on this information. I already work every day on the project and doing my darnedest :)

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Breeding Season was a team of about 10+ people I believe, pulling in 5 figures a month, it is not fair to compare their project mine, where I work as a solo developer commissioning quality artists whenever I can be luckily enough to catch one with time for a commission :unsure:

The [Kinkster] update planned on the roadmap for this year is set to fill in all the gaps in lewd content, but specifically refine all of the lewd content already in there. I'll be doing these artwork / animation updates alone for the most part (as finding artists who are skilled enough to match the style required is very difficult, as those artists are already busy with commissions or their own projects)

View attachment 275331

I request that you manage your expectations for Venture Seas based on this information. I already work every day on the project and doing my darnedest :)
And even with all those members, and money how did it end up? Badly. That's the point, not that you should be able to work as fast as them, that would be insane to think. Also I'll be real I don't see that road map being done by the end of the year, even if you don't factor in having to work on the bad (imo) combat, and commissions, it still seems to be more then you've done in 2 years. Unless somethings changed recently and you're now able to work full time I see a delay. Which I mean isn't the worst, all dev's do it now and then.

Again still don't know why you would make the Futa have the most scenes, despite being a relatively new character. According to the roadmap you're only planning 1 at minimum for the main ship character. That would still put them all behind that character. Its so strange.

switch101010

Game Developer
Feb 7, 2018
A lot of the systems in the game are pretty deep (and setup to be moddable by players). The coding on these systems took time, and aren't as easy to showcase as the lewd artwork and such.

But the time spent creating them has resulted in a strong foundation for me to now lay on a lot of content this year.

The road-map was designed to be ambitious (and even slightly unrealistic), so that I may push myself harder to meet these goals I've set myself. There will always be delays for things that I couldn't plan for happening unfortunately.

If possible in the past, I'd have focused on getting all the coding done and then add all of the content on after, but I previously tried to release some lewd content each month for my patrons. This is why there is an 'unbalance' in fetish content types, but this will even out closer to release. (and after release)

I appreciate that you enjoy the game beyond these particular issues however, hopefully the [Kinkster Update] content will alleviate some of your concerns.

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes