VN - Java - Venture Seas [Sisters of the Abbey - Beta v1.0] [VirtuousDevelopment]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Jentle

Game crashes alot so that is very annoying. Gameplay is kind of repetitive. Art is nice and character creation is really appreciated, but you don't see your character in any of the scenes I've seen so far which doesn't make sense. Maybe it is a technical hurdle of including a custom made character in a scene but hopefully you over come this in development.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 319490

This game is frustrating, your crew mocks you every dialogue. The thief steals you and in the end she comes back to the group as if you were wrong to be angry with her. The Amazon does not respect you and threatens to leave the crew at all times because she and the thief are the only warriors in the world that you can hire.
    The game is full of false choices, there are useless dialogues that only embellish the game but in the end do not make any difference, answering yes or no takes you to the same place, just giving friendship points, so in the end you be graced with six (whatever) horrible sex scenes. Kill me.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

GamingSavant

Terrible gameplay design choices, numerous glitches that dampen the art and animation level. Extremely boring combat. Wouldn't recommend it as it stands due to a high amount of work needed in the gameplay areas, ignoring the obviously incomplete story content, balance is important first and foremost and the game lacks it heavily.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

vengefulspirit

This game has a great deal of potential. Good art. Decent gameplay. Interesting world. But it is just way too buggy and unstable to be worth playing right now, and it has been since it's inception.

What makes it offensive though is the way the game is designed to pressure you into taking longer dungeon runs, doesnt let you save during those runs, and the longer you play the more likely you are to crash and lose everything. Going on an expedition costs gold. Traveling to where the expedition is costs gold. So you want to make the runs long, particularly when you are a fairly obsessive power gamer. But it punishes you for it, and you end up getting nowhere.

Theyve known about these crashes for over a year and both havent fixed them AND havent implemented a save feature that would minimize how devastating the issue can be. That is why Im giving a 1 star review.

This could be a 4-5 star game, and I hope it will be, but Ive burned out on it already, and I dont see myself trying it again until I see no reports of crashes for several weeks or months in a row on this thread.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

metalspace

The actual gameplay including the fights and sense of character/gear progreasion is a really nice change of pace from most other games on here. This is to say, I can actually play it for just the combat and the rpg elements to it. The art is really good, as are the scenes though I do wish the hooker training scenes had images rather than just text. I don't know how feasible or possible that is given that the hookers can come many shapes and sizes, but would like it if it can be done.

The only problem I had in earlier version were the random crashes and combat related bugs (way lesser in the 15.11.18 version). The changelog for 21.12.18 version seems to have fixed further bugs which is good sign and I do hope the game continues to grow and the dev can deal with any issues that come up during development. Cheers.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

hakarlman

edit: the cheat menu lets you skip to the sex scenes since I couldn't figure out the gameplay. There's not enough submissive scenes.

Great art direction that is erotically stimulating. This gets at least two stars. The art is solid.

Horrible game mechanics that are too complicated to figure out, but fortunately there is a cheat menu. Because of that cheat menu I gave it an extra star.

I got a quest to romance tiana, but I have no idea where to buy the items. The only item I could find is fresh bread on the market. I could not find the items in town and had no idea where to get them for the Tiana quest.

If you accept all the quests you get stuck in an infinite loop and have to reload. The game is very buggy and I could only find one sex scene which was in the very beginning of the game.

This game is for very advanced gamers who are experts at figuring out new interfaces and mechanics. I couldn't figure it out after an hour of gameplay.

I will revisit this game in six months to see if it's easier.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

whotheff

Drawn visuals, which are not the standard 3DCG packs most developers use. Areas to explore, pretty good engine much much prettier than the RPGmaker variations which all look the same. Custom Character creation options, sound efects like moaning. Developer is contantly tweaking and improving it! The next few releases will make it pretty big and complex.
    (Current is 5.9.9).