Jun 28, 2019
its not too hard, its too repetitive. it becomes a very boring grind very, very quickly - id say after about 3 to 5 minutes.
I agree to a degree. Mana is a little bit too hard to get normally. The first level is a bit too long for my liking, it should RAMP UP in difficulty and length, not so much start in the deep end. Either mana upgrade costs should lower, or zombie kill drops should increase.

At the same time though, the 2nd mission, "Mercenaries", from what I can tell, the endless waves of zombies level. Killing a bunch of the zombies just leaves a line of mana, which gives quite a bit of mana, after a few nades and bullets. Though I assume thats sort of level wouldn't come that early in a full game.

Still like the game

Reactions: valkaree99

Rdcbr2

May 18, 2020
Thanks for the feedback and for clarifying stuff for others, I'm working to get those details into the first reply above. How far did you get on the Mercenaries level (max enemies, max laps)? I'm curious how that went for you, and what the performance was.
With almost no upgrades I made it to level 6. But I only ran from one side to the other, shot all enemies and got the mana.
It's a huge grind to get enough mana to unlock every upgrade. Maybe consider the bigger zombies or the faster ones to drop more mana than the others
Also the randomly spawning spike traps can be irritating. When 5 of them are next to each other it's almost impossible to get past those. There will be a small gap needed between those.

The first level is tricky. After getting the key you should leave all zombies behind if you don't have enough upgrades. There's just too many

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Thanks everyone for all your feedback! I definitely didn't do this release correctly - I made it too hard, didn't provide any good instruction, and neglected the story.

My goal was to share game mechanics and get feedback -- so I packed all current mechanics into a single level (anims, conversation, key, traps, doors, etc) so they can all be vetted by the users. And the mercenaries level would be a way to grow your character and fight larger enemy hordes (which for me is the most fun part of the game). I figured the story could come later - I didn't really have a storyline in mind, and figured I'd develop that after I saw what mechanics the users liked.

My biggest mistake was assuming everyone was going to just invest a ton of their own time to figure the game out, but it's obvious now that the lack of guidance and grindy nature pushed people away.

I have a to-do list that I'm thinking through and adjusting as I get feedback, but this is what I'm thinking at this point:
- create a discord server to get more great feedback/discussion from users
- advertise the game on the platformer threads to spread awareness, and maybe reddit twitter etc
- release a new version with several smaller levels, along with a storyline of sorts, to make the game more consumable for new players
- use the feedback to put together a vision for the complete game (story, levels, characters, etc) and build a delivery plan

If you're interested in the gameplay please stay tuned, I'll be updating the post with my plans and would welcome your input before I execute.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Could there be an option to turn off the guro content?
What did you have in mind? I'm planning to flag purchased anims with "Guro" in the upgrades screen, but I'm not looking to sanitize the game. I want the game to have an aggressive theme and I plan to include more guro content.

Reactions: Asenaris

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Quick update:
  • The next release is planned for 10/9/22. Keep an eye on "Expected Next Release Date" in the title post for timing updates.
  • The primary addition in the next release will be a new 'tutorial' level. It will be a good way to learn the controls and gameplay, and collect some mana in the process.
  • The new level will also include a new character:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks all and stay tuned for more updates.

guymandude

Sep 2, 2017
What did you have in mind? I'm planning to flag purchased anims with "Guro" in the upgrades screen, but I'm not looking to sanitize the game. I want the game to have an aggressive theme and I plan to include more guro content.
Just a button in the settings that disables guro content. If the character get killed by the spike, then play a generic falling down animation or cut the screen to a black screen saying you died or something. You dont have to sanitize the game much beyond giving the option with minimal effort. I just dont want to see the bloody stuff. If thats not your thing then ill just wait for a save file with the gallery to avoid gruesome stuff.

valkaree99

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2022
Just a button in the settings that disables guro content. If the character get killed by the spike, then play a generic falling down animation or cut the screen to a black screen saying you died or something. You dont have to sanitize the game much beyond giving the option with minimal effort. I just dont want to see the bloody stuff. If thats not your thing then ill just wait for a save file with the gallery to avoid gruesome stuff.
If you don't buy the spike animation, the player will just get knocked down when they die from a spike hit. There will still be the death cutscene with the zombies standing over her, but that doesn't have any blood. Would that work?

I plan to release a quick update in the next day or so flagging the guro anims with a warning. In the meantime, if you want to remove guro anims you already bought, use "reset data" and then the "mana" code to buy back all the upgrades you had without having to build up your mana again.

guymandude

Sep 2, 2017
If you don't buy the spike animation, the player will just get knocked down when they die from a spike hit. There will still be the death cutscene with the zombies standing over her, but that doesn't have any blood. Would that work?

I plan to release a quick update in the next day or so flagging the guro anims with a warning. In the meantime, if you want to remove guro anims you already bought, use "reset data" and then the "mana" code to buy back all the upgrades you had without having to build up your mana again.
So I would only see guro animations if i buy them? Sounds good to me.
What death cutscene? thats just the zombie fucking her right?

wormzen

Nov 26, 2017
Where do I find the save file?
This game does not have a save file to be exact as there is no hard save button. Though the data for the game can be found in data.json though that file is very difficult to navigate. If you want to manipulate the values of something in game you can attempt to read and edit this file.

Ps: Great game so far, I was looking for this information myself to test things . I might try to fiddle around with it later

Motonim

Oct 29, 2018
Can we change de control binds ?

I always strugle when those are hard puts, and don't know if there is a general work around for it.

Thanks.

Devil Hunter

Jan 1, 2019
the data for the game can be found in data.json though that file is very difficult to navigate
Yeah, I've checked that file before and seeing how messy it looked I really hoped it wasn't the one I'm looking for XD
Oh well, guess it'll have to wait then
Thanks for replying btw! :)

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Val Karee 0.1.02
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Hi casqito1989 , there's a character you'll meet that fits this criteria. Hope you get a chance to play the game some more and meet her.
i doubt anyone that came here for the femdom tag (like me) actually download it after looking at those pics. if you ask me: remove that tag, you still have lesbian as tag. not that i think many lesbian lovers want to play this game either though lol. i dunno what your target audience is (gore lovers?), but i doubt you'll reach either of the before mentioned groups with those zombie dudes. best of luck though.

4.60 star(s) 22 Votes