• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Vae Victis - Khan: metagame discussion

PVNUser

Jan 22, 2022
How does that ultimately change anything?
Simply as stated: Gold becomes a limited resource, so if you have 50 gold and it takes 50 gold to build Structure-A or Structure-B, now you can only get one.

If the design is good, then your choice will have both positive and negative consequences for how it impacts gameplay.

This solves many issues since the current design must understand all structures can be built, so they cannot have effects that are too meaningful. Additionally, territories become more unique since you will have different buildings in different places (or playthroughs).

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Simply as stated: Gold becomes a limited resource, so if you have 50 gold and it takes 50 gold to build Structure-A or Structure-B, now you can only get one.
Well sure, if you keep gold as the only resource used to build, then I could see that working, but if you make the other resources you suggested needed for buildings, then you're just splitting gold into however many new resources and ultimately solving nothing.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
20240104_003632.jpg
What is the cultural influence/inspiration of each country? Just out of curiosity. I am a sucker for world building & have tried to shift through what we have currently. Heres my interpretation of each country. More than happy to be corrected (especially by the dev cos he is the creator):

•Oryeonguk- Greece(?) Specifically Athens perhaps? Not sure why this country gives me Greco-vibes but that's what I get.
Marbia- Middle Eastern. Not sure where specifically.
Hawatia- Wukanda (but w/ magic instead of rocks).
Limtinia- Medieval European (?) But ruled by Amazonians. I'm not sure... it's the most genetically European of the countries but the Amazons have established a region where men are second class to women.
Tinpingia- Elven ruled France(?) This might be a push but the Elfkin rebels remind me of the french revolution.
Daoyuen- Orcish South Africa. Savannah & Rhinos. Pretty straightforward.
Waikokipia- Scandinavia (they are vikings right?).
Geoyanguk- Japan.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Doorknob22