RPGM - V-7 [v0.0.07] [Lina Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Nouviii

It has a lot of potential and it looks like it's going through a good path, however too many updates with little content will make it difficult for a lot of people to follow, it would be better to wait more but recieve good updates. Also try to focus on one thing and not just throw fetishes randomly. Focusing the first updates on the protagonist and Jessica would be a good start. I can't complain about the art, it's really good, but I feel like art like this would be better in a visual novel but whatever. I'll wait and I have faith that you listen to the feedback, because it really has a lot of potential.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

VRGO

TL;DR: I really, REALLY want to like this game.

V7 is probably one of the most annoyingly potentially good games on this site, in my humble opinion. I love the art and the premise, but god does the gameplay suck ass. And not even in a bearable way, it's just physically painful to do. The game also explains absolutely 0 of it's own mechanics, has a much bigger than is necessary map, multiple protags (I guess?) despite not having any real content for either, etc. etc.

There's good here but it's buried underneath a lot of bad. For example:
    • Absolutely abhorrent navigation. The map is too big, your running speed is too slow for how much you have to do, there are a lot of areas that are just arbitrarily inaccessible to the point where you ask why they bothered putting them in the game, etc.
    • This game should NOT be on RPGMaker. In theory it plays out almost identically to most event-based sandbox RenPy games, but it's trying to make it work in RPGM, so it's bad.
    • If there's any content here, the game sure as fuck isn't trying to let me see it. I wandered around the map as both the brother and sister for about an hour and was still no closer to figuring out what the fuck I was doing.
    • The hint system was useless, the relationship points thing was equally useless and seemed to have 0 bearing on how the characters acted or reacted. It was also weirdly capped at 6 for the mother and kept going down randomly, so that's neat.
    • The game's overview on this site explains more about the in-game world than the game does. In fact, it just drops you into the game as soon as you spend the required 30 minutes manually click-to-typing the entire family tree and how they refer to each other.
    There's probably even more I could complain about but I wont, just because this isn't me trying to bash the game or anything. I think there's a lot of potential here, but it's currently being wasted and doesn't seem to be headed in a better direction.

If the dev wants my two cents, swap to Ren'Py.

It would solve just about all of the core gameplay issues, and the dev could even retain the whole "click to navigate" open world system the game currently has. It'd also make actually finding content not nigh impossible. Aside from that, just the usual "fix the game before you keep adding more niche fetish content to it", "make the mechanics make sense", etc. all apply to this game too.

I'll rate it a 3/5 just because I don't want it to sound like I hate this game, but I really can't say I liked it either.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Pokemon 1234567890

This game has a lot of potential to be open ended towards the player and im liking where the game is headed at. Even tho the game is in very initial demo stage where the content is close to zero, it seems to have set a good tone all in all. The dev seems to be interactive on the forum and has stated his goals regarding the games future. Im pretty exited for what this game holds and hope the dev does not disappoint us by ghosting this project as this holds huge potential and has room for improvement..