Mod RPGM Urban Demons v.0.9.5 MOD [Xalenda Mod)

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Should ‘Grandma’ be a part of the game or not?

• Yeah!

Votes: 160 65.8%
  • Yes, but only as bonus content.

Votes: 38 15.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 45 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Alright folks, here we go - 9.2 just dropped for reals, and I'm unpacking it as I type. From this moment on (presuming nothing else takes my time away) it's gonna be re-writing and re-working the scripting, the maps, the scenes, the dialogues...! Tons of work, tons of hours, tons of fun, and oodles of bugs that slip past me!

Here's to a few sleepless weeks. *clinks imaginary glasses*

AnonForget

Feb 3, 2017
Alright folks, here we go - 9.2 just dropped for reals, and I'm unpacking it as I type. From this moment on (presuming nothing else takes my time away) it's gonna be re-writing and re-working the scripting, the maps, the scenes, the dialogues...! Tons of work, tons of hours, tons of fun, and oodles of bugs that slip past me!

Here's to a few sleepless weeks. *clinks imaginary glasses*
I'm looking forward to it, good luck! :)

Reactions: Xalenda

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
First off: Holy COW, there are a lot of people that like my work! That in of itself is amazing, thanks to each and every one of you!

Second thing: With the release of 9.2, the question becomes do I upgrade to the new version and rewrite code, or stick with what I have, and introduce new maps and scenes from the newer release. Both have their ups and downs, would love some feedback on this.

Third thing: Bugs. I hate them, you hate them, they are super annoying. To that end, if you would like to help out, I would greatly appreciate any bug testers. I’m also still failing at creating the parallax maps, so if you know how to make one, let me know, I’ll make sure to thank and credit you in-game and here as well.

Last thing: Inclusion of Grandma is fine, but I’m thinking of making her a special character that has no overall effect on the ending, more like a little bonus, side-mission thing.

Thoughts, comments and concerns are welcome, and I look forward to releasing my 0.5 soon!

Reactions: Deserve-And-Enjoy

Refuge24

Nov 1, 2017
Just some feedback
2nd: I honestly have no idea what either option would entail but I'd say go with whatever has the easier to manage workload. But that's really up to you.
3rd: I tend to break things without knowing how so while I'll try to post any bugs I find I dohbt I'd make a very good bug tester.
Last: This seems like a fair option so those who dislike these types can avoid it

Really enjoying the new dialogue btw good work on the mod

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Just a quick update to let you all know what I’m working on:

Babysitting. I’m changing the babysitter responses and actions so it’s not all just the same “Invite, Fuck, Move On” repeatedly. So far, special babysitting scenes include:

Neala and Peter going to the park in the evening
Peter using Sarah to get revenge on her son (Pito)
Dizzy pranking Sydney for a threesome
Ms Taylor going for a “walk” around the school

Additional dialogues are also being created on whether or not Mom herself is in the Total Corrupt state.

Next up is Total Purity, and then Apathy.

blacksage

May 28, 2017
First off: Holy COW, there are a lot of people that like my work! That in of itself is amazing, thanks to each and every one of you!

Second thing: With the release of 9.2, the question becomes do I upgrade to the new version and rewrite code, or stick with what I have, and introduce new maps and scenes from the newer release. Both have their ups and downs, would love some feedback on this.

Third thing: Bugs. I hate them, you hate them, they are super annoying. To that end, if you would like to help out, I would greatly appreciate any bug testers. I’m also still failing at creating the parallax maps, so if you know how to make one, let me know, I’ll make sure to thank and credit you in-game and here as well.

Last thing: Inclusion of Grandma is fine, but I’m thinking of making her a special character that has no overall effect on the ending, more like a little bonus, side-mission thing.

Thoughts, comments and concerns are welcome, and I look forward to releasing my 0.5 soon!
Tbh with you talking about the 2nd thing, I think you should wait until it really is done, bc nergal is adding new patches, so maybe you can keep up with your own work at the moment.
The 3rd thing, well ammmm.... can I be a bug tester??? lo.o pleaseeeeee???? xD, next week starts my summer vacations so I can help you lo.ol, altough IDK how to do it in a pro way but everyone has to start from the button no? Also I can learn how to use the basics of rpg maker, I have the tool already, the only thing that I need is tutorials and then we are set lo.ol xD.
And to conclude, personally, I really love grandma but I think it could be like a DLC or a side quest, tbh I really like her story on your mod so I would really like to see a story for her as a side quest or just a dlc xD, but as always, you have the final word.
Also sorry for not posting here, I even had not have the time to play your mod u.u, I am actually in my finals from college so x,x and since we are talking about med school, it is a ton of things I have to read xD, but as soon as the next monday ends, I will play the mod and tell you my perspective :D
in short, I AM HYPED !!!! lo.ol

Sep 6, 2017

I think the best would be to keep focusing on Art, and developing small updates, until we get the 1.0 official release (or at least a way more stable one, which i think it would be like a 1.1.2 or the likes)

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Alrighty, I’ll just keep going in my version of a weird amalgamation of versions 8.3 and 9.2...

Let’s call it version 8.X.

It has the newest busts and things from Nergal’s release, and I’ll (probably) borrow from Chilly’s game for some animations. Honestly the two things I have the most trouble with is creating new dialogues for the scenes, and the map creation.

On the plus side, now it’s just changing progression from scripted variables to simple switches, which will help immensely.

duder1

Sep 1, 2017
Based off the dialogue in this mod, I thought it would be pretty neat if once you reach a certain point in the corruption route, some scenes change slightly. Here's an example, not sure whether it would be possible though; not familiar with RPGmaker / coding.

(no corruption)
DinnerNoSis.jpg

(full corruption ?)
DinnerNoSis.jpg

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Oh my GOD, where did you get these?! This is fantastic!

**UPDATE**

Corrupt Babysitting options are (finally!) done.
I've removed the Underworld (mostly) from the game, though I'll still keep parts of it for end-game, I think. From now on, we're going to the Nexus!

There is a HUGE difference in how you start the game now, in that you don't have access to your first ability Persuasion, meaning that for the first few days (while you explore / find / meet people) it's all basic conversations and interactions.

I'm also going to disable the option to skip the intro for the next release, just so people get the full story there; I'll re-enable it a patch / two weeks afterwards. In the meantime, if you'd like to get an advanced and really buggy version of this mod, just hit me up and I'll PM you the link where you can grab it.

Reactions: blacksage

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
If anybody is interested, here's a link for a Work-In-Progress version of the game. It's fairly large, and it's buggy as hell, so don't expect much more than last time.

What to look forward to: Babysitting changes (Corrupt), and a new introduction setting up the world (the skip-intro option is currently locked).

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Just a quick reminder for anybody playing the version above, there is currently no way to get into the Underworld. You’re gonna need to use RPGMAKER itself to fiddle with the flags for babysitting.

Reactions: meninomaluco

meninomaluco

Sep 14, 2017

Just some thoughts
2nd : do what it´s better for u and optimize your work and time

3nd : be a bug tester would be nice:cool: but i think u gonna need something to discuss the bugs like a discord or something else just for the ppl can talk about the bugs/glitches see what take it to happen and make a list for everyone see, and make your and bug testers work easy and less repetitive

4nd : i fine about grandma and think that it´s a great idea make her like a side quest for ppl who disagree that she is in the game

5nd : Thanks for a very very very good mod (that when i saw i actually think it´s was a game all by you) and keep your good work :eazyHype:
P.S: sorry for my horrible english

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Right now, the simplest way I can get everybody on the same page is to start a private discussion and add them in as necessary. Keeps us here, and not going through the pain of making, moderating, and having to stay logged into Disc or Trello all the time.

Grandma is still going to be in the game, but I’ve put off her introduction for the first few days to get people used to a rhythm without her. Once I get around to it (because there is a LOT to change) I’m going to rebuild her entirely.

As a side note, Sewer progression is going well. Peter will need to gain access to them via a new item or three, some of them leading to new areas like Dizzy’s back room at the bar, or the girl’s locker room at the school, while others will simply be a quick hop from place to place.

**EDIT**

I was recently asked why I’m creating the sewer system, and my idea was to allow the player access to different areas based on their route. All choices (purity, corruption and apathy) will be able to go to one or two places, but the rest would be locked to one path.

It doesn’t make much sense for a “Pure” run if Peter is sneaking around and breaking into places to fuck women, nor does it make sense for him to use the sewers if he already has access to the women’s homes.

Reactions: meninomaluco

Refuge24

Nov 1, 2017
I'll give that new build a shot tomorrow sometime.
Nice to hear that your progress is going well. Hopefully it isn't too much of a hassle but thanks again for making this mod.
Looking forward to Grandma's rebuild (wow I actually just typed that) she has one of my favorite models for some reason but I can't pin down why.
Anyway, good luck fam.

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
We can make her better than before. Bigger, bustier, sluttier...

If anybody else gets that reference, congratulations- we’re both old.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes