Others Uploading to filebox.moe

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Hello,
i'm the Owner of filebox.moe a file-sahring site used in this Forum.
A few times zip archives with copyrighted material of Night City Productions where uploaded to my Servers.
A law agent forced me to take down these files. (I'm forced by german law to remove copyright content).
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
I still hope that other content gets uploaded.

Kind Regards, JustABox (Owner of filebox.moe)

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
I'm currently in contact with my hosting provider if i'm forced by german law to follow dmca requests. It seems like they are only dmca protected. In that case i'm not forced to delete these files.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Hello,
i'm the Owner of filebox.moe a file-sahring site used in this Forum.
A few times zip archives with copyrighted material of Night City Productions where uploaded to my Servers.
A law agent forced me to take down these files. (I'm forced by german law to remove copyright content).
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
I still hope that other content gets uploaded.

Kind Regards, JustABox (Owner of filebox.moe)
No hard feelings. We understand when uploading files to several websites that these things tend to happen and the companies, like yours, just want to protect themselves legally. We've had the same problem in the early stages of our website where our hosts would be DMCA Compliant and would therefor force us to remove certain links / threads to avoid any legal action, and we indeed complied. I'd like to thank you for your message and for reaching out.

Have a great day,
TCMS :)

Reactions: JustABox

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Well my Service is still rather small (Just ~1383 files), so i have to stand out a bit :p

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Keep us in the loop. If you can figure it out and we can have stable high speed links, I'll use you as a primary for files smaller than a gig which would be a godsend! I've still got a few gigs worth of stuff to upload. :)

Reactions: F95 and JustABox

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Awaiting the reply of my hoster on Monday 9:00am EST. If my own research is correct: I dont have to remove files due to an dmca takedown but copyright material (valid registred copyright) has to be removed. I'll let you guys know what my hoster says.