Lightrunner

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
recently started this game, and the scene were Catelly was experimenting with telling her not believable story to danica reminded me so much of the spongebob meme with patrick and the id thing xD

• Haha
Reactions: MercernayMage

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
This was not what I expected. I expected man trapped in woman body struggling to remain himself as he tries to recover his body and get revenge. What I found is woman in woman body with cringe narration reminding you every two steps she used to be a man so she needs to resist urges to fuck. Fundamentally if MC thinks of self as man then narrator should address him as such.

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
I didnt play this for a while bc the transformation was a turnoff. Turns out its a very solid game with very decent writing.

Love Skinny girls like Danica btw, stahp making them all lesbians.

Last edited:

Darkstrain

Jun 29, 2017
This was not what I expected. I expected man trapped in woman body struggling to remain himself as he tries to recover his body and get revenge. What I found is woman in woman body with cringe narration reminding you every two steps she used to be a man so she needs to resist urges to fuck. Fundamentally if MC thinks of self as man then narrator should address him as such.
magical gender bending is different than real life. someone like the MC here or similar characters like Ranma or Matsuri (ayakashi triangle) are true women while on their alternate forms, so it makes sense to refer to them as woman...
also, does it surprise you that a hentai-game would have a lewd reason for the MC to be horny like having retained male libido?

Guerrilla!

Apr 17, 2018
magical gender bending is different than real life. someone like the MC here or similar characters like Ranma or Matsuri (ayakashi triangle) are true women while on their alternate forms, so it makes sense to refer to them as woman...
also, does it surprise you that a hentai-game would have a lewd reason for the MC to be horny like having retained male libido?
Agreed. The game is a triumph, I bought it at full price on Steam way back and have never regretted it once.

Canon Futa Catelly would be awesome ofc XD but the story as it stands, and the also well progressing sequel, are most excellent as they are and as whatever version it may come to be at the end. All thanks to MercenaryMage for making these and may all their projects be as smashing a success as this was. <3

• Red Heart

AliceGameSlut

Apr 17, 2017
I've been playing through this but I've got a couple questions about smth confusing:
- So if I caught the details properly, the curse on Catelly would make her subservient to the first "man" to cum inside her (later we're shown it's not just men, curse is fucky so it activates with anyone with a dick), but then both Daud and Brandy cum inside Catelly and nothing changes. Did I misunderstand something?

Also I was wondering, how long is this game? I'm on book 6, is there a lot left? Also is there a lesbian ending? Perhaps even a trans lesbian ending where Catelly can finally show others she used to be a man, but then decides to stay a woman and stays with Dannica or someone else?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I've been playing through this but I've got a couple questions about smth confusing:
- So if I caught the details properly, the curse on Catelly would make her subservient to the first "man" to cum inside her (later we're shown it's not just men, curse is fucky so it activates with anyone with a dick), but then both Daud and Brandy cum inside Catelly and nothing changes. Did I misunderstand something?
The intent of the curse was for it to be a "retro-feeding" type of deal:

Catelly is terminally horny -> Catelly succumbs and gets dicked -> the compulsion strengthens and Catelly grows attached to whoever dicked her -> Catelly will do whatever it takes to please the person that dicked her and the curse will start subtly transforming Catelly into the object of desire of the person who dicked her -> Catelly becomes single-mindedly devoted to her lover in both mind and body

But of course the curse doesn't work correctly, due to the MC's unique circumstances, there is one thing about the MC's life that they will not renounce, a motivation stronger than the curse.

The reason why both Daud and Brandy don't trigger much of the later effects of the curse is that they aren't really set on changing Catelly or desiring her to be any different from what she already is. Since there is no conflict between what they want and who Catelly is, the curse won't compel Catelly to change.
Also I was wondering, how long is this game? I'm on book 6, is there a lot left? Also is there a lesbian ending? Perhaps even a trans lesbian ending where Catelly can finally show others she used to be a man, but then decides to stay a woman and stays with Dannica or someone else?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AliceGameSlut

Apr 17, 2017
The reason why both Daud and Brandy don't trigger much of the later effects of the curse is that they aren't really set on changing Catelly or desiring her to be any different from what she already is
oh, I totally missed that, that makes a lot of scenes make a lot more sense. Thanks!

AliceGameSlut

Apr 17, 2017
Just finished the game, and I wanted to give some thoughts as to things that could have been better, though overall it was great, I only really care because it was really good but could have been a lot better:

- Early game is a little messy wrt the curse and how it works, I tried to play a couple years ago and disregarded because the vibe given by the early game is "now that she's a woman she's straight and subby :)" rather than "she was cursed to be a woman AND straight and subby" as the game later settles into. I'm glad I gave it another chance, but I think it would be more enjoyable if the way the curse works as a multi-faceted thing was explored early on and the writing of early scenes took that into account

- I was very surprised and somewhat disappointed there's no chance for Catelly to remain a woman but cash in a favour with Pellata and have her body be modified, the obvious choice is staying a girl with a dick, the girl ending is already very much a trans girl ending and Catelly clearly misses having a dick. That's not the only thing though, stuff like her choosing to have smaller boobs (or bigger, depending on how the playthrough went) would probably be great.

- Lack of poly endings is a bit disappointing, I would have loved a Brandy-Danica-Catelly polycule ending, and I fully expected one of the endings to be Catelly dating/marrying both Danica and Blackfire (though those 2 not dating each other).

- Catelly choosing her gender at the end felt kinda anti-climactic, a bit of a fumble where otherwise gender is dealt with fairly well throughout the game, would have liked to see the scene where she chooses involve a bit more of "it's funny how that curse ended up being a waking call for me" kind of dialogue if you pick the girl ending. Also would have been great to see Brandy be in the girl ending and weigh in as a trans girl (ik her being a girl with a dick doesn't necessarily mean she's a trans girl, we have Lizette as an example of why, but I think it would have been nice to have her be trans, so that Catelly isn't the only person in the game to have gone through some real genderfuckery)

- The pacing is a bit fucked, several lewd scenes all at once then a couple hours with nothing, then several scenes at once again... Could have been better

Again, those are the only "major" negatives on an otherwise great game, when I first tried it out I discarded it as too "girls= subby boys=dom :)" kind of game for me, didn't make it past the second Blackfire scene, but I'm very glad I gave it a second try, it's definitely up at the top of the best lewd games I've played, it doesn't get close to Hardcoded but then no other game does, if it had more art and better pacing, even with the other stuff I listed as negatives, it would be the second best lewd game I've played, no contest.

On a more general note, Unyielding also gives most fantasy games I've played a run for their money in worldbuilding and character dynamics, it could deal with all the racism stuff better, but then it's already doing better than DnD and all the DnD adjacent stories I've seen, and at least seems to have something to say, which is more than most games these days with the "we don't wanna be political uwu" bullshit.

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
Just finished the game, and I wanted to give some thoughts as to things that could have been better, though overall it was great, I only really care because it was really good but could have been a lot better:
This is very fair and accurate criticisms. The only thing I'll respond on is the ending stuff. I'm a slow writer. The endings took me months to knock out as is. Doing more of them would have killed me. A female ending with a dick would have been great though.

Did you know there is a sequel?

AliceGameSlut

Apr 17, 2017
This is very fair and accurate criticisms. The only thing I'll respond on is the ending stuff. I'm a slow writer. The endings took me months to knock out as is. Doing more of them would have killed me. A female ending with a dick would have been great though.

Did you know there is a sequel?
Yeah I could imagine how long it took, as I said they were only "major" points in that they were the biggest things I disliked/didn't like as much about the game, but all in all it was a "this is great, could have been amazing, but it's great" deal, I was actually surprised by the amount of endings in the first place.

I did see there's a sequel, idk if I'll play it as I'm not super interested in male or generally masc protagonists and I saw that it's an ensemble cast where a good chunk of it is taken up by Catelly's son, I also generally would wait until it's much further into development before trying it out. Tbh though if it steers clear of incest stuff, which I can't stand in games, I'll probably check it out when it's further in development, if it's as good as the first one, I'd buy it on steam, assuming you manage to release it there.

(also I'll admit, I get too bored with tactical gameplay and card games, so I'd be waiting until there's a combat skip option like in this first game)

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I've tried to get into this game several times, and recently I gave it one last shot. The genderbender stuff always turned me off in previous attempts, but this time I pushed past it, and I'm glad I did. The game is very good. I'll write a proper review once I actually finish it, but I'm at book four and so far I've generally enjoyed it. I can't say I'm a tremendous fan of the way this game handles sex, with Catelly's curse effectively making her be very submissive in the majority of scenes and generally making scenes feel like I'm, I dunno, losing a fight rather than enjoying a sex scene. I much prefer my female protags to enjoy sex without being magically forced to. But at the same time, the narrative reasons make sense and put more weight on choosing options that lead to sex. So while I'm not a huge fan, I can't say it's a bad thing.

The writing is good. The side stories are interesting, and I'm invested in most of the characters. Daud's story kind of irked me. I was happy to find a male character that both wasn't an asshole and was also less dominant in sex scene. But then Catelly keeps encouraging him to be more dominant, and while it's kinda cute how he fails at times, I'm worried he'll continue down that path and lose the thing I liked most about him: his shy, submissive behavior. I get that Catelly is her own character with her own preferences and the curse makes her want dominant men, but as the player I was hoping this one character wouldn't be like that. But I'm not done yet, so my fears may be unfounded.

I played on android, which apparently doesn't have the battle system. (Which drove me crazy for a little while as I was sure the game had combat when i tried it on windows). That's kind of bizarre to me, but I assume the dev had a good reason.

My only other main gripe is that this game would really benefit from a proofreading pass. Typos and grammar/syntax errors abound. The writing is excellent, but the flow gets interrupted by these errors, which detracts from the overall experience. They're not "every line has a mistake" common, but still common enough for it to bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiredpuff

MercernayMage

Game Developer
Feb 16, 2018
I played on android, which apparently doesn't have the battle system. (Which drove me crazy for a little while as I was sure the game had combat when i tried it on windows). That's kind of bizarre to me, but I assume the dev had a good reason.
I hate mobile development. The android version exists because it was mostly pretty easy to give to the folks that want it. Having to redesign combat to work on mobile is beyond what I am willing to do for our friends on their phones.

My only other main gripe is that this game would really benefit from a proofreading pass. Typos and grammar/syntax errors abound. The writing is excellent, but the flow gets interrupted by these errors, which detracts from the overall experience. They're not "every line has a mistake" common, but still common enough for it to bother me.
For the majority of the game, I didn't have a proof reader and google docs wasn't good enough to catch a lot of my errors. There is a point in UY1 where that gets fixed, and the grammar/spelling gets better.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I hate mobile development. The android version exists because it was mostly pretty easy to give to the folks that want it. Having to redesign combat to work on mobile is beyond what I am willing to do for our friends on their phones.
Fair enough! Mobile development is a pain in the ass, I can testify to that.

For the majority of the game, I didn't have a proof reader and google docs wasn't good enough to catch a lot of my errors. There is a point in UY1 where that gets fixed, and the grammar/spelling gets better.
It does seem to have gotten better the further I get into the game. I probably could've been a little more charitable about that. I realize you're probably done with this game and won't touch it again, and I completely understand, but I do think it would be beneficial to give the game a full proofreading pass. Especially since as UY2 continues development, you're likely to attract new players who want to try out UY1 before playing UY2 and giving them the best impression possible would help with retaining players. That's just my entirely-unasked-for opinion though, I won't take offense if you ignore it entirely :)

All in all, the game is good! I genuinely enjoy it, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how UY2 turns out. Good work!

Dec 24, 2019
How do you unlock the image in the gallery where Catelly is naked with a pregnant belly? Or is it Fhan? I can't tell since I can't see whose face it is.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 32 Votes