VN Unity Abandoned Unscripted [Season 1 - Ep.1] [Undergrad Studios]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

MadAng

Jan 4, 2023
I like what I see so far but there's so little of it that it seems like a teaser. Still, humorous dialogue and likeable characters. Environment well done too. I look forward to seeing more gameplay.

Lavgbr3

Jul 31, 2021
After playing a demo, I get the feel that this game has a "How I met your mother" or "Friend" vibe to it.

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
Reading the description I wonder how is it possible that nobody has created a game where you would play as Harvey Weinstein or Jeffrey Epstein. Not that I would play it, but surely some new dev could have grabbed the idea by now.

NoMansMind

Sep 5, 2022
Reading the description I wonder how is it possible that nobody has created a game where you would play as Harvey Weinstein or Jeffrey Epstein. Not that I would play it, but surely some new dev could have grabbed the idea by now.
I would play it! sounds like fun!

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
Ok, so you rather have a way uglier looking dude as long as he is not white :rolleyes:. Better ponder on that.
These games/visual novels are experienced thru your eyes, so Id rather have a better looking MC. I don't care about the race of the MC as long as it is not used to play into race fetishes.
I don't care that he's white. I just don't like that almost all MC's across so many different games look so damn similar. Changing the race of an MC for once would be an easy way to change it up and it might enable you to tell somewhat different stories. So, since this game is apparently focused on story telling, I think it's a missed opportunity.
Plus, the black dude in the banner doesn't look ugly at all. He just looks nerdy, which again would've been a welcome change for once - especially since the MC is a writer, so it would've fit.

eddienova

Jan 11, 2021
I don't care that he's white. I just don't like that almost all MC's across so many different games look so damn similar. Changing the race of an MC for once would be an easy way to change it up and it might enable you to tell somewhat different stories. So, since this game is apparently focused on story telling, I think it's a missed opportunity.
Plus, the black dude in the banner doesn't look ugly at all. He just looks nerdy, which again would've been a welcome change for once - especially since the MC is a writer, so it would've fit.
I think the biggest thing to remember here is, most of the creators of these games are likely Caucasian. I know I wouldn't want to write stereotypically or offend anyone if I was the creator of games, so I'd stick to what I know... being a white guy. But hey, that's just my humble opinion. Maybe I'm super wrong.

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
I think the biggest thing to remember here is, most of the creators of these games are likely Caucasian. I know I wouldn't want to write stereotypically or offend anyone if I was the creator of games, so I'd stick to what I know... being a white guy. But hey, that's just my humble opinion. Maybe I'm super wrong.
That's a fair objection, in a way. But it also leads to the same bland characters again and again. Sure, sticking to what you know is a safe recipe, but men in this scene write female characters all the time and nobody bats an eye, even though men often fall into traps while writing women. I'd gladly see more non generic white guy MCs, even if they have some minor aspects that feel somewhat out of place. Wish it was done here, but oh well.

eddienova

Jan 11, 2021
That's a fair objection, in a way. But it also leads to the same bland characters again and again. Sure, sticking to what you know is a safe recipe, but men in this scene write female characters all the time and nobody bats an eye, even though men often fall into traps while writing women. I'd gladly see more non generic white guy MCs, even if they have some minor aspects that feel somewhat out of place. Wish it was done here, but oh well.
But honestly, I'm guessing the biggest consumer for these games are also men, so we are pre-dispositioned to overlook female dialogue as "yeah, that sounds like something I think a girl would say." But there is definitely something about a well written game that really excites me personally. I've come across a few, but they are the exception and not the rule.

seth23

Aug 12, 2020
But honestly, I'm guessing the biggest consumer for these games are also men, so we are pre-dispositioned to overlook female dialogue as "yeah, that sounds like something I think a girl would say." But there is definitely something about a well written game that really excites me personally. I've come across a few, but they are the exception and not the rule.
Well, just to stick with logic here, you kinda defeated your own point. If most adult game players are men, so it doesn't matter, if the writers write women wrong, then it should also not matter, according to this logic, that writers may write non-white charters wrong, as you said most players are white.
I disagree on that, btw, I think humans are capable of at least somewhat accurately seeing things from other people's perspective, if we try.
But this is pretty off topic now.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
The graphics are great but thats not a guarantee the game itself will be great too,have seen enough games like this fail or just be abandoned,the whole part about "most ambitious visual novel" I would hold my horses if I was you,there is such a ambitious visual novel that after 6 years without any real progress and 740 apes still support it,thats how ambitious.

eddienova

Jan 11, 2021
Well, just to stick with logic here, you kinda defeated your own point. If most adult game players are men, so it doesn't matter, if the writers write women wrong, then it should also not matter, according to this logic, that writers may write non-white charters wrong, as you said most players are white.
I disagree on that, btw, I think humans are capable of at least somewhat accurately seeing things from other people's perspective, if we try.
But this is pretty off topic now.
Thanks for calling me out... I have nothing to retort. These are just my perspectives. And I feel someone would get in less trouble writing unbelievable female dialogue over overtly stereotypical ethnic dialogue. Anyway, it matters not.

magneticbird

Oct 16, 2019
I'm loving the preview renders... I trust there is no way to play Unity games on a Mac unless I install bootcamp or something... correct?

aba01

Feb 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game freezes on me here, can't save, can't load. I have to reload game after this. I tried some other choices but doesn't work, what to do?

Niccolado

Mar 4, 2022
Unity or Renpy, I dunno much about those things. For me the major turnoff is Steam! Why not keep it on Patreon too!? Or at least bring it to GOG! As it is, there will most likely not be Unscripted for me.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Hoping for some news on this project, seen the posts on Steam but fingers crossed for something of substance soon. I'm not a fan of CK but this one I did enjoy so hoping it'll get some attention from the dev team.

Reactions: Motion11
4.50 star(s) 6 Votes