Tool Ren'Py UnRen for MacOS and Linux v0.8.2

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
dikau
I did get to test your unren version finally and got a little problem popping up:
Bash:
UnRen for Mac and Linux v0.8.2
by goobdoob @ www.f95zone.to
based on the original version by jimmy5 @ www.f95zone.to
and UnRen.bat by sam @ www.f95zone.to
Python is installed, detected
Error - cannot find rpatool or unrpyc in UnRen v0.8.2 Tools. Exiting
Reason is this i'd say:
Bash:
olli@tty3*blue $ python
Der Befehl 'python' wurde nicht gefunden, meinten Sie:
Befehl 'python3' aus dem deb python3
Befehl 'python' aus dem deb python-is-python3
(~/Code/rpy_tools/unren_VepsrP/UnRen v0.8.2)
olli@tty3*blue $ python2
Python 2.7.18 (default, Jul  1 2022, 10:30:50)
[GCC 11.2.0] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
The gist: My plain "python" command isn't connected to any py version and he errors in a strange but understandable way. I think it would be better to add a test for such cases(and the relating error messages) so people understands whats wrong.

After i changed the basic "python" commands above the init block to "python2" i got that:
Bash:
python is not installed, or not added to your PATH. Please install/reinstall it from python.org
Python 3 is not supported by unrpyc; you need a Python 2 installation
LOL
There is a test after all but a bit later and its not correct working i would say. Problem seems to be line 76 or?

Having spaces in the apps directory names is also not unproblematic sometimes. Just saying. (I do know to escape them helps :p ...but other users... maybe not everyone...*hmp* {Better safe then sorry.})

Greets

Last edited:

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
dikau
I did get to test your unren version finally and got a little problem popping up:
Bash:
Python is installed, detected
Error - cannot find rpatool or unrpyc in UnRen v0.8.2 Tools. Exiting
Reason is this i'd say:
Bash:
olli@tty3*blue $ python
Der Befehl 'python' wurde nicht gefunden, meinten Sie:
Befehl 'python3' aus dem deb python3
Befehl 'python' aus dem deb python-is-python3
(~/Code/rpy_tools/unren_VepsrP/UnRen v0.8.2)
olli@tty3*blue $ python2
Python 2.7.18 (default, Jul  1 2022, 10:30:50)
[GCC 11.2.0] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
The gist: My plain "python" command isn't connected to any py version and he errors in a strange but understandable way. I think it would be better to add a test for such cases(and the relating error messages) so people understands whats wrong.

Having spaces in the apps directory names is also not unproblematic sometimes. Just saying. (I do know to escape them helps :p ...but other users... maybe not everyone...*hmp* {Better safe then sorry.})

Greets

Use the version attached to this post, https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-for-macos-and-linux-v0-8-2.16887/post-9236030. That is the new version from dikau. You are using the old version from the front page, version 0.8.2. dikau's version is 0.16.0. This is the attachment from that post.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/12/2263630_UnRen-0.16.0.mac-linux.zip

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
You are using the old version from the front page, version 0.8.2. @dikau's version is 0.16.0.
Oh dang... Obviously i did not notice. (And yeah, my doctor said i need reading glasses...) Thanks for pointing out.
How incredibly embarrassing. :oops:

Reactions: Kijuz

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
Does anyone know why I keep getting a KeyError: '.' message?
Are you running 0.8.2 from the front page, or the 0.16.0 version by dikau? Use 0.16.0 if you are using the 0.8.2 version:

UnRen-0.16.0.mac-linux.zip

If using 0.16.0, can you post a bit more of the Error so we can see the context of what is triggering it, or what it is failing on? a KeyError is usually a Python error, not bash script, so we need to know what exactly is breaking. You can redact the game name or any username in the error message if that is your concern.

stevejones19

May 28, 2018
Are you running 0.8.2 from the front page, or the 0.16.0 version by dikau? Use 0.16.0 if you are using the 0.8.2 version:

UnRen-0.16.0.mac-linux.zip

If using 0.16.0, can you post a bit more of the Error so we can see the context of what is triggering it, or what it is failing on? a KeyError is usually a Python error, not bash script, so we need to know what exactly is breaking. You can redact the game name or any username in the error message if that is your concern.
Here's a screenshot of what happens
Screen Shot 2023-03-04 at 7.59.59 PM.png

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
It gave the same response
Can you DM the game name? It looks like the .rpa package is doing something that may need to be reported upstream to rpatool dev, we do not maintain that tool, and it is only repackaged in this script. I can download and check the files on my side and provide feedback.

stevejones19

May 28, 2018
Can you DM the game name? It looks like the .rpa package is doing something that may need to be reported upstream to rpatool dev, we do not maintain that tool, and it is only repackaged in this script. I can download and check the files on my side and provide feedback.
Here it is
Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 12.40.47 PM.png

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
Unfortunately, the Archive has been packed so that rpatool cannot extract it. I installed unrpa, which can list the files but cannot unpack them. This script uses rpatool to do the extraction, so if that doesn't work, the script cannot work.

Checking the games thread, the cheats they have involve enabling the dev console and adding variables in separate files. It even mentions using Unren, but only the option for enabling the Dev Console. Extraction is not currently possible for this archive.

vela02

Mar 20, 2023
Any chance to get this working on Arch Linux? (Garuda ?)
Doesnt seem to work for me..
Could use help getting the cheat menu in the BrokenDreamers

i get this error when trying to open in Konsole :

Code:
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action  "" "Show Quick Commands" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action  "" "Show SSH Manager" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.

Kijuz

Jan 29, 2021
Any chance to get this working on Arch Linux? (Garuda ?)
Doesnt seem to work for me..
Could use help getting the cheat menu in the BrokenDreamers

i get this error when trying to open in Konsole :

Code:
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action  "" "Show Quick Commands" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
kf.xmlgui: Shortcut for action  "" "Show SSH Manager" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
That is an error with KDE, a bug has been noted:

Try running the script with:

Bash:
bash -c /path/to/script/UnRen.command
If you have renamed the file to UnRen.sh, use that instead. Running with
Bash:
bash -c
first may work.

vela02

Mar 20, 2023
That is an error with KDE, a bug has been noted:

Try running the script with:

Bash:
bash -c /path/to/script/UnRen.command
If you have renamed the file to UnRen.sh, use that instead. Running with
Bash:
bash -c
first may work.

This first one worked, thanks!

xetalon

Nov 3, 2022
I have renamed the file to "unren" and move it alongside its tools folder to /usr/bin. Works perfectly on Ubuntu. Thanks for sharing !

toobad0912

May 1, 2021
Any one have any experience with this error? I've been getting it a lot lately, but only on certain games. If someone could point me in the right direction of what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Code:
Please select > 1
  > Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
  > Python path configuration:
  >   PYTHONHOME = (not set)
  >   PYTHONPATH = (not set)
  >   program name = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   isolated = 0
  >   environment = 1
  >   user site = 1
  >   import site = 1
  >   sys._base_executable = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   sys.base_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.base_exec_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
  >   sys.executable = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   sys.prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.exec_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.path = [
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/python39.zip',
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/python3.9',
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/lib-dynload',
  >   ]
  > Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
  > Python runtime state: core initialized
  > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'
  >
  > Current thread 0x00000001ec605b40 (most recent call first):
  > <no Python frame>
Please select > 1
  > Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
  > Python path configuration:
  >   PYTHONHOME = (not set)
  >   PYTHONPATH = (not set)
  >   program name = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   isolated = 0
  >   environment = 1
  >   user site = 1
  >   import site = 1
  >   sys._base_executable = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   sys.base_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.base_exec_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.platlibdir = 'lib'
  >   sys.executable = '/Users/xxxxxx/Documents/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
  >   sys.prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.exec_prefix = '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64'
  >   sys.path = [
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/python39.zip',
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/python3.9',
  >     '/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.mac-arm64/lib/lib-dynload',
  >   ]
  > Fatal Python error: init_fs_encoding: failed to get the Python codec of the filesystem encoding
  > Python runtime state: core initialized
  > ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'
  >
  > Current thread 0x00000001ec605b40 (most recent call first):
  > <no Python frame>

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
> program name = '/Users/jscolli2/Documents/Microsoft User Data/AutoRecovery/Games/SunshineLoveCH1 2.app/Contents/MacOS/python'
This is unren for MacOS/Linux and it looks like you're trying to run it somehow on a Windows system. Maybe a virtual environment or whatever. Anyway i think the reason could be somewhere in there to find. OR you have a alternate python on your sys and this confuses things.

You didn't really give much important information about your situation (OS type & version, RenPy version, Unren version, game) there, so its a lot of searching in the dark for us. :HideThePain:
The error could also be a python internal problem, but the py-version is wrong: and

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote