Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Really?
1: Copy the Unren.bat in your game folder (where you find the game.exe)
2: Start Unren.bat, Hit 9 and wait
3: Check now *Gamename*\game\images Folder
4: Congrats you have now access to all CG´s
Tried and does not work!

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Yes it does. What game are you trying to unpack?
Tried A new home, it worked for AL but AL i needed to move pics to Firefox to see em since it says Windows can't open them and it worked for A day with Gwen and for that game i did not need Firefox!

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Tried A new home, it worked for AL but AL i needed to move pics to Firefox to see em since it says Windows can't open them and it worked for A day with Gwen and for that game i did not need Firefox!
That's most likely a codec issue and nothing to do with unren, those image files you couldn't view were probably .webp try installing

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
That's most likely a codec issue and nothing to do with unren, those image files you couldn't view were probably .webp try installing
When you unpack the images does it take up hard drive space?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
When you unpack the images does it take up hard drive space?
Yes you will have the images still packed in the games .rpa files plus the images you just unpacked to the /images folder, so you would basically end up using ~double the space

Reactions: Catwashere

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Like @Hones said, it's surely a codec problem. Ren'py don't use the extension to define what format is used for the images. So it's probably webp images with a jpg or png extension (because you used the compressed version ?) which can trick the tool you used to visualize the said images.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Like @Hones said, it's surely a codec problem. Ren'py don't use the extension to define what format is used for the images. So it's probably webp images with a jpg or png extension (because you used the compressed version ?) which can trick the tool you used to visualize the said images.
Never use compressed versions, but it most likely is what was said in a codec issue.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Just a heads up, UnRen 0.8 with updated rpatool and unrpyc as well as a couple of other fixes and features is on my todo, I've just been busy with other F95 related work.

Hope to get around to it in the next week or 2.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Just a heads up, UnRen 0.8 with updated rpatool and unrpyc as well as a couple of other fixes and features is on my todo, I've just been busy with other F95 related work.

Hope to get around to it in the next week or 2.
Damn, I guess that means I'll have to update the Mac/Linux version...:p

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Holy crap... this... is pure magic ! thank you very much for sharing, it makes things so much easier.

Azrael666

Jan 28, 2019
Do not decompress the files, with melody if he does it well.

Is that also in DMD ?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Do not decompress the files, with melody if he does it well.

Is that also in DMD ?
You still haven't told me what the problem is, what exactly are you trying to do?
Unren works fine with both DMD & Melody, if all you want to do is unpack the rpa files to get the images why are you selecting 9 instead of just select 1?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Azrael666

Jan 28, 2019
I want to extract the rpy files, to make a translation with the RenPy engine, with Melody it was done by pressing 9 but in DMD it does not extract them, I do not know if I do it wrong. I'm a novice on that subject.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I want to extract the rpy files, to make a translation with the RenPy engine, with Melody it was done by pressing 9 but in DMD it does not extract them, I do not know if I do it wrong. I'm a novice on that subject.
OK then just select 1 to unpack the .rpa files then when it is finished select 2 to decompile the .rpyc files and you will have the rpy files

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
It does not extract anything, something escapes me
The rpyc files that there are are from a mod View attachment 262145
When you run unren in the DMD folder day_A01_0.rpa will unpack for example day1_00.rpyc, one you have used unren to decompile the .rpyc files you will have day1_00.rpy which contains the first lines of dialogue
Code:
    $ _game_menu_screen = "save_screen"
    f "Okay [y_name], calm down! Calm down!"
    f "I know you haven't seen your daughter in years, but there's no reason to be so nervous."
    f "Well maybe there is..."
    f "I don’t know what she looks like! Last time I saw her was when she was a kid..."
    f "Maybe she's become a bad girl... maybe she's into drugs... maybe..."
    f "Why am I talking to myself? She’s my daughter! I'm sure she’s become a nice and beautiful girl."
    f "And I certainly hope she's as excited as I am to have this date."

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes