Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Zittou

Jul 9, 2017
I've got this problem with the new version. A cmd window pops up but I can't manage to run the batch properly.

Soulbringer71

Jan 26, 2018
I tried but not worked so i found another method:
1. Download RPAPRO.
2. Extract.
3. Copy archive.rpa from your game(from game/archive.rpa) to folder RPAPRO
4. Rename archive.rpa to NAME.rpa
5. Run UNPACK AND DELETE ARCHIVE RPA.bat
6. Wait.
7. Your images in folder NAME.

Wait? How long ? all it does is open and close very fast.

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
For all those with the following issue:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 281, in script
   python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
   renpy.block_rollback(purge=True)
TypeError: unren_noblock() takes no arguments (1 given)
Until the creator releases their own update, here is how I fixed my own copy for now...
Edit your unren.bat file and modify the following section.

Code:
:rollback
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Drop our rollback file into the game folder
REM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
echo   Creating rollback file...
set "rollbackfile=%gamedir%unren-rollback.rpy"
if exist "%rollbackfile%" (
    del "%rollbackfile%"
)

echo init 999 python:>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.rollback_length = 256>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   def unren_noblock(purge = True):>> "%rollbackfile%"              <-- This is the new part.
echo     return>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.block_rollback = unren_noblock>> "%rollbackfile%"

echo    + You can now rollback using the scrollwheel
echo.

if not "%option%" == "9" (
    goto finish
)
If you are copying and pasting make sure you delete the "<-- This is the new part." comment.

Best as I can guess this is due to a renpy update adding the new code that simply hasn't been anticipated in the .bat file.

Reactions: dundun

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
im starting to get the same problem with more and more renpy games and don't really know why its happening, never had an issue like this before.

anyone have a clue?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
For all those with the following issue:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 281, in script
   python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
   renpy.block_rollback(purge=True)
TypeError: unren_noblock() takes no arguments (1 given)
Until the creator releases their own update, here is how I fixed my own copy for now...
Edit your unren.bat file and modify the following section.

Code:
:rollback
REM Drop our rollback file into the game folder
echo   Creating rollback file...
set "rollbackfile=%gamedir%unren-rollback.rpy"
if exist "%rollbackfile%" (
    del "%rollbackfile%"
)

echo init 999 python:>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.rollback_enabled = True>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.hard_rollback_limit = 256>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.config.rollback_length = 256>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   def unren_noblock(purge = True):>> "%rollbackfile%"              <-- This is the new part.
echo     return>> "%rollbackfile%"
echo   renpy.block_rollback = unren_noblock>> "%rollbackfile%"

echo    + You can now rollback using the scrollwheel
echo.

if not "%option%" == "9" (
    goto finish
)
If you are copying and pasting make sure you delete the "<-- This is the new part." comment.

Best as I can guess this is due to a renpy update adding the new code that simply hasn't been anticipated in the .bat file.
im starting to get the same problem with more and more renpy games and don't really know why its happening, never had an issue like this before.

anyone have a clue?
Please see this for the fix to the rollback errors:

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
im sorry, i had quoted a previous message but it didnt show up and my post was very vague.

i extracted the images from summertime saga using your UnRen file and all the images are png, but it wont let me view them in any program i use for some reason, anyone know how to view them. i tried changeing the format from .PNG to .JPG but nothing is working?
the issue i've been having is related to not being able to see the images from some renpy games after extracting them with unren.
whether they're pngs or jpgs, the thumb preview in the correspondent folder isn't showing, and when opened it displays a line saying the images can't be shown "because they're damaged or too big".

i can see them if i open them in a browser, but that takes away the ability to quickly check if there's a part of the game that i've missed during my gameplay because i would have to sift through hundreds of images by opening them one by one in the browser instead of having the easy "scroll over thumbs" view i've always had before.

again, sorry for my previous mistake and thank you for answering.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
im sorry, i had quoted a previous message but it didnt show up and my post was very vague.

the issue i've been having is related to not being able to see the images from some renpy games after extracting them with unren.
whether they're pngs or jpgs, the thumb preview in the correspondent folder isn't showing, and when opened it displays a line saying the images can't be shown "because they're damaged or too big".

i can see them if i open them in a browser, but that takes away the ability to quickly check if there's a part of the game that i've missed during my gameplay because i would have to sift through hundreds of images by opening them one by one in the browser instead of having the easy "scroll over thumbs" view i've always had before.

again, sorry for my previous mistake and thank you for answering.
No problem - the issue very likely that the images have been converted to webp format but the file extensions have not been changed. I do this when compressing games.

If you're on Windows, download and install the webp codec and let me know if this fixes the issue please?

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
No problem - the issue very likely that the images have been converted to webp format but the file extensions have not been changed. I do this when compressing games.

If you're on Windows, download and install the webp codec and let me know if this fixes the issue please?

installed the codec and now i have the thumb preview in-folder back plus the default windows preview program opens the images without issue.

thank you bossapplesauce, oh lord and savior or the masses

Reactions: ZenMaru and bas

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
Please see this for the fix to the rollback errors:
That link solves the roll-back issue by having you manually replace the unrun-rollback.rpy file after running unren.bat whereas my modification makes unren.bat write the correct file to start with. Both solutions work, I'm too lazy to manually copy that file every time :/

Great solve on the .webp format bossapplesauce, much appreciated :D

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
That link solves the roll-back issue by having you manually replace the unrun-rollback.rpy file after running unren.bat whereas my modification makes unren.bat write the correct file to start with. Both solutions work, I'm too lazy to manually copy that file every time :/

Great solve on the .webp format bossapplesauce, much appreciated :D
Yeah, I'm lazy too. Attached is the Unofficial-UnRen (UnUnRen) that I modded for myself which works with Ren'Py 7 and has other fixes posted by others in the thread until Sam has time to update.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
the double negative name made me forget what it did for a second.

Reactions: bas

ikaruga

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Hello here
Have problem with the decompiler, it does not work anymore :(:(

Code:

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load file D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc/game/un.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 375, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 749, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn)
Exception: Could not load file D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc/game/un.rpyc.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.1
Thu Aug 02 22:21:28 2018

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hello here
Have problem with the decompiler, it does not work anymore :(:(

Code:

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 375, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\hjeux\summertime\SummertimeSaga-0.16.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 749, in load_appropriate_file
    raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
SummertimeSaga 0.16.1
Thu Aug 02 22:21:28 2018
Here's one working solution:

And if that doesn't work, PM me and I'll send you the script I wrote. It's ugly and takes a few minutes, but works. :)

Reactions: ZenMaru

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
Hi I'm not much of guy but this program has really been working great for me, thank you. I've only used it for Extract rpa #1. I was wondering will this work for unity and if so which file would I put this in? Thx again.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi I'm not much of guy but this program has really been working great for me, thank you. I've only used it for Extract rpa #1. I was wondering will this work for unity and if so which file would I put this in? Thx again.
No, it works for Ren'Py only. Give this a shot for Unity

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
No, it works for Ren'Py only. Give this a shot for Unity
Thx I'll give a shot . I should really read before I post, it should have said "I'm not much of a tech guy", as apposed to "not much of a guy". I'm fairly certain that I'm still a guy. Lol.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes