5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
neat i wonder if after all the big name characters are done they'll do a few npc trainers
I personally think focusing on just the girls and increasing the variety of the sex scenes is better. Like, there are so many things you can do even with a single person that it's amazing. For example, I wouldn't mind me some DandalionWrites epics like say, while you're taking your beloved to check out bridal dress, and while she's testing out the dress you fuck another girl right under her nose. This feeling is far hotter than some random sex scene with some random NPC girl.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Ash flat out sucked that region, plain and simple. Hell, when Ash had a gym battle with Roxie, she fought at a handicap of three pokemon against all six of his, and he BARELY clinches a win.

And then there's his meteoric loss in the Pokemon League to a dumbass trainer who didn't have a full team of six himself and won because plot armor evolving Lucario saved his ass.
Let's not forget that his choice of pokemon sucks ass as well.

The only good ones is Krookodile and Leavanny. Boldore are Pignite are ok, but not really compensation for the rest of the team. Scraggy, Snivy, Oshawott and Palpitoad never evolved, with the latter getting rekt by a Zebstrika of 4 normal move (a vAriEriTy oF mOveS). You almost forget Ash even has the number advantage when Cameron got Lucario.

Compare to the Indigo League, Ash got Muk, Tauros, the three starters, Pidgeotto and Kingler. Two fully evolved pokemon, and this is supposed to be Ash at its worst and only rushed adventure to the league. And this isn't including the pokemon ash released, like Butterfree and Primeape. Ash at its worst evolved 4 pokemons to max. Ash at Unova evolved 5 times TOTAL, two of them being the Sewaddle line.

Last edited:

iju513

Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for the Pokemon series review on a Tetris based dating sim
TBF the tetris part doesn't happen until later in the date, so it's more a visual novel with a mini-game than an adult game where tetris is the core mechanic and you use it to unlock skin.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Damn I'm actually really enjoying this, Roxie sounds like a fun date. I like the character writing so I think focusing on just a few characters and only expanding once they feel developed is best.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Alright now that I've finished, I think it'd be good for each girl to have their own contained story. I find the romance extremely sweet so I like the idea of each route being completely separate and assuming you're exclusive with that girl. Shame you can't leave a review with less than 200 words, this is def a 5/5. I'll probably leave one down the line when there's more content.

DoorinFloor

Sep 22, 2021
Fantastic writing, which made it a joy to play through. My only gripes would both be a personal taste issue- tetris is my least favorite game of all time and playing it an an absolute nightmarish chore, so I didn't enjoy that part at all. Second would be the fact that Roxie admits to having been with other guys before you, which.. I don't know.. because the writing is so good, I was emotionally invested up to that point, and upon learning that it felt like a part of me died inside, or something. Like I said, it's just personal taste, and I know there's plenty of people who don't care about something like that.

Either way, outside of those issues, I loved it. Just to be sure, though, Roxie is the only story so far, yes? I've only skimmed through the other comments, but it looked like some people were saying there are other girl's stories? Well, regardless, I'm really looking forward to more. I kind of hope, if there are more stories in the future, that they all remain self-contained so it doesn't imply you're just romancing and sleeping with a bunch of girls at the same time. I know it's your story and you absolutely have the right to do what you want, but you strike up such a good relationship with Roxie at the end so it'd be a bummer if you just kind of spit on that.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
I've only done Roxie stuff, but I have to say, it's rare that I find a game on here that has writing this good. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.
wait, are there any other events aside from Roxie's right now? Also I want to compliment the art too, I normally assume the art for any game attached to a mainstream anime or game is gonna be kinda poor but I actually love the art.

Last edited:

gg125

Jul 17, 2019
Good start. And great choice of region. Unova has a tone of top tier characters.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
I think for this game at least all the cgs and character portraits are drawn, in his last game only CG's were hand drawn I think. The backgrounds are either generated or pulled from somewhere but I feel like that doesn't impact anything. On top of the addition of drawn character portraits though I think their art has just gotten better in general.

VNA

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
Hello all thank you for playing my tetris dating sim :>

I loved it. Got distracted by the tetris, but then after that, right back into the story. I didn't play that generation, admittedly, but I gotta say I loved the characterization here. And the art was great, too. My minor criticisms are a spelling error here and there, and that the pic after you remove her undershirt still has her hair up, but it said that her hair beads joined the clothes on the floor shortly before (but that's just a minor nitpick, overall it was great.) Given the story selection thing at the beginning, I'm hoping that this means that Roxie is only the beginning. I can't wait to see what else you have in store.
Fuck, I think I wrote the part about her hair beads before the art was done and then forgot to change it, sorry I'll delete the game

The Tetris minigame is certainly interesting for a normal Renpy novel, and I love me some underrated Unova pussies, Gen V is just brimming with loads of potential girls to choose from.

...one thing though, the game has two artists, and the details in their artstyle are pretty different when you look at the scenes closely. Which means not only are the in-game dialogue sprites inconsistent from the scenes, but also makes it look like they stolen the art from multiple artist.
(Especially when the Twitter account of "Oni_san" )
Suitenan helped me with the stuff from my other VN about Dawn, but he got too busy to help too much after I got the first Roxie CG from him so I started working with Oni-San, who has since started going by Rigaeru, I just forgot to change the twitter link. As far as I know, the only art that's a different style is that first CG, if you don't count the backgrounds, some of which are AI generated and some are just grabbed from google images.

So I get a dialogue "u fucked roza" IDK if that is supposed to be there right now or not in the bottom left corner of the map?
That's from when I was still building that map screen, just forgot to remove it. I do have Hilda and Rosa sprites from my Dawn vn though so who knows what the future holds.

Fantastic writing, which made it a joy to play through. My only gripes would both be a personal taste issue- tetris is my least favorite game of all time and playing it an an absolute nightmarish chore, so I didn't enjoy that part at all. Second would be the fact that Roxie admits to having been with other guys before you, which.. I don't know.. because the writing is so good, I was emotionally invested up to that point, and upon learning that it felt like a part of me died inside, or something. Like I said, it's just personal taste, and I know there's plenty of people who don't care about something like that.

Either way, outside of those issues, I loved it. Just to be sure, though, Roxie is the only story so far, yes? I've only skimmed through the other comments, but it looked like some people were saying there are other girl's stories? Well, regardless, I'm really looking forward to more. I kind of hope, if there are more stories in the future, that they all remain self-contained so it doesn't imply you're just romancing and sleeping with a bunch of girls at the same time. I know it's your story and you absolutely have the right to do what you want, but you strike up such a good relationship with Roxie at the end so it'd be a bummer if you just kind of spit on that.
Roxie strikes me as someone who might have been with someone else before. For what it's worth, I thought about that decision a lot, but it didn't seem right to do it the other way. She's never fallen in love with someone after one night before though so there's that.

The dev's page mentions shauntal as their next girl to feature.
Yes, working on a Shauntal one next, in which you play d&d with her. It's taking a while because for some reason instead of just making it say "and then you played d&d", I'm writing and coding a pseudo choose-your-own-adventure d&d simulator. It's got a github and custom inventory plugin and everything.

screenshot0001.png

A game centered in Unova, and there is no best pokewaifu Hilda? What a shame!
screenshot0002.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes