VN - Ren'Py - Unleashed [v0.6b2] [CarbonBlue]

1. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

On the shorter side with regards to to content but still comes through with regards to the quality of said content. Renders are very nice and the writing is very well scripted to mold each character's personality. The updates so far have only scratched the surface for the amount of possibilities and branches that could come up in the future so I'm looking forward to what happens next
  2. 5.00 star(s)

styrany

"It's Bobbitt time, bitch!"

As for now (v0.5v1) the game is very short. Like, really short.
    Even so, there is much more content, humour and story packed in there than in many other games of this genre. And let me tell you this: nearly every slide, every render is terrific. There is something happening in the foreground and simoultenously in the background.

Not a lot of sex right now, lots and lots of teasing which is my thing. Girls are beauties. You can probably see some familiar faces there if you played other games, like Shannon shares the same model as Cece from a certain VN, so does the MC. But for me it is ok as these models looks good.

I've mentioned this before, but this needs to be highlighted. Humour. When I played this VN I had a really bad day and this thing still made me smile and laugh a lot.

Fingers crossed for this project.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3250193

Just a really fantastic game with some fun, gorgeous characters and genuinely entertaining dialogue. I love the girls in this game, and I can't wait to see more from CarbonBlue. Especially more Shannon; her dialogue in particular is hilarious.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

This game is nothing short of a masterpiece thus far.

The characters, especially Shannon, have that perfect, hard to find, blend of hilarity and realism. I fuckin' adore the humor of this game. From the dialogue to the subtle animations, perfection.

The models of the characters themselves are all unique, and very attractive. Again, Shannon, oof. What a babe.

Speaking of subtlety, the setting of the game has an unsettling vibe which I really enjoy, I'm not sure where the dev intends to go with it, but I can feel some twists and turns in the future and I'm excited to go along for the ride.

Admittedly, if you're looking for a copy and paste, sex-filled, harem this game is NOT that, at least not yet. There are only a few sex scenes sprinkled in so far. And, the content thus far isn't all that vast. BUT, if you value quality over quantity, check this shit out. Trust.

5* and a new patron for you, CarbonBlue. Godspeed.

Edit: Review sadly changed to 3* after the underwhelming latest update. As a patron, I'm disappointed. *Maybe* 10 minutes of playtime from 7 months of development. Will edit my review again if needed.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Seyhtan31

Ok what the hell? Why this game so suddenly become one of my all time favorites even tho its too short?
    The answer is;
    Holly mother of god this shit is so brilliant!! The humor, the characters, story, everything with this is just perfect!
    I honestly don't remember the last game i didn't skip any text. But this, my friends, doesn't bore you at all! This is how you tell a story without boring the player. Definitelly worth for 5 stars (10 if there was an option for that!).
    Great job dev, i simply can't wait for the future updates!

Pros;

Cute redhead? Check.
    Stunning brunette? Check.
    Hot milf? Check.
    The girl next door? Check.
    Humor? Double check.
    Good writing? Check.
    Good renders? Check.
    Good animations? Check.

Cons;

It ends, you don't want to, but it does anyways...
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3006697

Pros+++

• Beautiful looking girls
    • Nice Renders
    • Interesting plot
    • Humor

Cons---
    • None so far

This is one of the best games with humor/comedy tag.
    The comedy is top-notch.
    Definitely worth giving a try.
    Can't wait for future updates!

Best Girl: Shannon

PS: Love the "I sold the hoooooouse!" scene
  7. 3.00 star(s)

K-Zen

I really wanted to like this game, it had a good start but...
    - MC is a soulless piece of meat with almost no facial expressions. Barely talks, we don't know what he thinks (and if he really does...). He's been used as a tool in order to sell a house and doesn't even react ?? Really ??....what a wimp.
    - The others characters seem to have proper personalities and issues, nothing new but it give some depth to the story.
    - Except some Ok jokes, the writing is pretty average.
    - Renders are good.
    Might come back to check the game in few updates to see if any improvements.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Arigon

Plot so far is excellent
    Olivia = Love
    Angel = Love
    Maeve = Love
    Shannon- I certainly won't kick her out of my bed... unless she has a weapon!
    Shirleen= a great time, and then 3 weeks of double dose antibiotics!
    What a fun start. I am a fan, and it doesn't seem to be just another college romp. So I am excited to see where it goes.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

LouWill

Settled on a 3 after debating whether or not it should be 4 stars as I previously had a higher impression of this game.

The quality is dwindling. After the most recent update, I can't even remember if the mc ever talked, or if it was my imagination filling in the gaps in those earlier chapters. Either way, it's very lazy to not at least show the mc's thoughts either from a first or third person perspective.

Also early on, switching the camera angle after every render was cool, particularly because it matched Shannon's eccentric personality, but that doesn't mean you should make renders like that all the time. Animations are subpar and I find the mc utterly soulless. Shannon and Maeve make the game worth playing but I'm grasping for straws after that.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Larzeranna

Edits regarding the release of v5.2:

Almost no story progression. No interesting content, no sexual content, no upgrades to models or animations.

It has to drop to a 1/5 at this point. It's taken far too long for far too little. A shame since it was a good idea.

I'm basing this review on 0.5v1. I played 0.3 as a whole then waited for .4 and .5.

Overall, it's a good idea. I like the idea of a meta story that pokes fun at the genre and leaves you wondering what exactly is going on. It's a great idea and the dev is working hard to make this vision come to life.

My issue is that the characters are a little... bland and predictable, even given the story subject.

Shannon is a cocky teen type. Angel is the misunderstood rebel. Olivia is the single mom who's horny for her friend's son. Maeve is... just strange. It's very hard to place her and understand her at all because she behaves according to the rules of this world, which we don't know yet.

The renders are... alright. The models are based on older versions and it shows in the textures and resolution. Of the few animations, they're jerky, but they are there and that's good at the very least.

It's not a bad game, but since the original release was in July 2019 and it's now almost November 2020 and we're only at 0.5 with a half-released version, I'm finding it very hard to keep interest in the premise given that the development time is so long for so little. The dev could use a partner or a small team to assist on speeding up development.

I'm grateful for this site, as while this is an interesting premise, I wouldn't be willing to support the dev given the sporadic releases.

Overall I have to rate this a 2/5 based on the above points.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Ozzfest

Unleashed [v0.5v1] [CarbonBlue]​
    I've just finished playing the game and it's awesome! Excellent story, locations and renders. Girls are lovable and fun. Unleashed have everything I want from a good AVN. Can't wait for the next update.
    Thank you CarbonBlue. Here you have my 5 stars and you just got yourself another supporter. Keep up to good work and take care of you.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Barley

Great script and beatiful images. Several models and the story seems nice so far. As many others, loved the red haired girl and her dialogs. Shes very well described. Keep up the good work and I hope this story grows big
  13. 5.00 star(s)

KoGa3

(I thought I had already rated it - so I'll do it now immediately)

I love this game. The graphics are well done, the characters are great, the story is good, in general the atmosphere in the game is well done. And the girls (Shannon :love: - but also Maeve/Angel/Olivia) are just gorgeous. Also for me way above average: the humor. Just the notebook scene at school from the last update - hilarious!

So there is no room for improvement? Of course there are a few little things here and there, but what's really perfect...the latest update cycles were a bit long and the ammount of the last update was rather small. Also the latest added animation has some flaws.

Summary for my review (game version v0.5v1):

Excellent:
    – Story, storytelling
    – Characters
    – Models and locations
    – Humor in the game

Good:
    – Render graphics
    – Music / Sound

Neutral:
    – Amount of gameplay
    – Animations

rather bad:
    – latest update cycles

Finally I would like to say:
    I really enjoyed playing it and I'm eagerly waiting for the next update!
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1882281

Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete Please Delete
  15. 4.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

Have been watching this story/game for some time. The graphics are nice, and the characters are amusing. Still lacking in some respects, animations for one. And actual considerable content for another, that is what makes or breaks a game. If the Dev puts out enough content to attract players, I know it takes time to get things done, Really though little bit's at a time ticks players off. Visually this game does a great job, content wise it does not. Hopefully future updates will have more to it.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Otaku_Bob

This game is by far my favorite game on F95. The renders are gorgeous, the writing is witty and engaging. CarbonBlue covers all of the tropes and makes fun of most of them yet to say this is just a comedy making fun of video game tropes is selling this game way short. The story grabs you and won't let you go. It demands more than one playthrough because all of the characters are so well drawn and fleshed out. Play this game!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1571716

Decided to give my review on this. 5 stars should cover it. Although, since the dev actually has a spine, I would've given this 6 stars. But, I can't. Fucking rating system.

Game is well written. Not really a fan of all the girls in this. Angel and Maeve are the best. My opinion.

Renders are great. Game is a little slow, but, well worth playing.

Keep up the good work, ya feisty fuck! You may have just earned yourself a new patron.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

royale24

The game started out really well, but the last two updates have been really weird. The MC doesn't have any dialog written for some reason, and half the renders don't have any text at all. On top of this, the one-sided conversations take weird turns and it just seems like there's a lot of dialog missing.

The choices don't matter in the last few updates, either. The routes all blend together, so the characters act the same towards you no matter what you choose.

There's a really great sex scene in one of the first updates, but for some reason, the developer decided to do away with all dialog during those scenes, making them feel empty and unfinished.

Overall, I had high hopes for this game. The renders are really good. What little dialog there is is well written and funny at times. The characters are all very different from one another. Hopefully the developer will go back to focusing on these things, as I believe they are what made this game so popular in the first few updates.
  19. S
    5.00 star(s)

Stormsworn

Really impressive entry from a very promising creator. Some excellent writing and genuinely funny moments, with solid rendering and interesting story possibilities. The various potential romances are all interesting and unique, and the story definitely has places it could go.

Really looking forward to seeing more from this series.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

CaramelCowboy

This is a 3/5 for me. I'd give it a 3.5 if I could though.

The plot and writing is pretty straightforward which is not a bad thing of course but it felt too rushed to me.
    I'm one of those people who like buildups. So if you're not like me then this game might be a 5/5 for you.

I just wish the characters would start getting horny for the MC after a buildup and not a day or two after they see him.

MC doesn't have a lot of personality yet but I hope to see more in the future.

I like the way Shannon is written but i'm not a fan of the usual 'friend who has trouble at home with step father and mother who neglects her'.

Some renders do have very obvious clipping that could have easily been fixed with a few adjustments it kind of felt like a rushed version.

Overall however I feel like the dev can turn this into an interesting story with time.

Goodluck CarbonBlue!