Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Got caught up with the Dev. Personally, I think my fav scene is what Nikki did to Fungus, oops, I mean Fergus. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO: But seriously, no problems I saw from the mod. Thank you so very much for this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
Any chance you could add a clear notifactions feature to the MiniStat, cause when you lock off a certain character like in my playthrough i locked off carol path but now the mini stat has a flashing red notifaction from Carols PvuPics that i cant clear cause you need to be on her path to comment on her post

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any chance you could add a clear notifactions feature to the MiniStat, cause when you lock off a certain character like in my playthrough i locked off carol path but now the mini stat has a flashing red notifaction from Carols PvuPics that i cant clear cause you need to be on her path to comment on her post
Well bud, PVU Pics are a completely different animal than Chat. The dev simply cranks them all On per update so I'd have to recode each one individually. Not an impossible task but considering how much time I already spend on phone notification alerts it... is a bit over the top. BUT, I hear your particular concern and have made some changes to Carol's pics specifically that should (in theory) resolve your particular LI issue for her case.

You get to be the guinea pig though, so try this for me: DL the attached and drop it in the "/game" folder overwriting the original file. Test one of your non-Carol saves and let me know if resolved. If so, I'll keep that code in the mod and slowly over time work on the other LI's for PVU Pic alerts.
(File obsolete and removed)

NOTE: Insure that once DL'd that the file name is exactly "SanchoMod.rpa" (no F95-added prefix). This is imperative. It should default to this but rename it otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parigi5 and Belly97

Parigi5

Feb 2, 2024
Well bud, PVU Pics are a completely different animal than Chat. The dev simply cranks them all On per update so I'd have to recode each one individually. Not an impossible task but considering how much time I already spend on phone notification alerts it... is a bit over the top. BUT, I hear your particular concern and have made some changes to Carol's pics specifically that should (in theory) resolve your particular LI issue for her case.

You get to be the guinea pig though, so try this for me: DL the attached and drop it in the "/game" folder overwriting the original file. Test one of your non-Carol saves and let me know if resolved. If so, I'll keep that code in the mod and slowly over time work on the other LI's for PVU Pic alerts.

NOTE: Insure that once DL'd that the file name is exactly "SanchoMod.rpa" (no F95-added prefix). This is imperative. It should default to this but rename it otherwise.
Yep ok so thanks btw, um ive replaced it and it did get rid of the notifcation for carol, but on the "no carol path" there is one photo from like a side character "Marco" that i couldnt replyto so that also for what ever reason is redflashing notifaction worthy so 1/2 it did get rid of carols notifaction on the ministat just Marco's left

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yep ok so thanks btw, um ive replaced it and it did get rid of the notifcation for carol, but on the "no carol path" there is one photo from like a side character "Marco" that i couldnt replyto so that also for what ever reason is redflashing notifaction worthy so 1/2 it did get rid of carols notifaction on the ministat just Marco's left
Found it. Give me a minute, I'll delete that other post file and get you another to try (fucking Marco... that was a needle in the haystack).

Reactions: Parigi5

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same instructions as last go-round: DL the attached and drop it in the "/game" folder overwriting the original file. Test one of your non-Carol saves and let me know if resolved.
(File now obsolete and removed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Parigi5 and Belly97

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I think the PVU Lewd notifications are a bit screwy all over. I often have "unread" messages and when I go through there are none for that person that I haven't responded to. I think there's also at least once when it tells me I have an unread from Ashley but it's actually Abby's post. (To be clear, this is just an observation - I assume that these are "errors" in the game coding and the mini-stat is just reading what the game says.)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the mini-stat is just reading what the game says
This bit is certainly true... I don't add any code to any of the phone scripts (chat or pics) other than the actual message text that informs if a relp/event is awarded (the 'guide'). The dev turns on ALL new pvu pic msgs at the start of each new update and the mod simply reads these and informs the Player what LI they correlate to. Phone chat msgs work differently, they are very specific to certain LI's/events and are generally only available for a specific timeframe (usually ~75% of each update).

I think there's also at least once when it tells me I have an unread from Ashley but it's actually Abby's post.
If true then this is on me as stated above I personally code into the MiniStat's code which msg correlates to which LI and might have messed one up that hasn't been noticed before. More info would assist me in which msg you are referencing if you have that to offer.

when I go through there are none for that person that I haven't responded to
If you are referencing PVU Pics then yes, that's on the dev's code since new messages mean just that... and many PVU pics don't require any reply but rather the Player simply view them. The MiniStat is selective in that it only displays those PVU Pics msgs that can be physically replied to, all others are ignored. Due to the way the dev coded it I had not ever attempted to remove those notifications for those LI's not available in the current playthrough though... that's what I just experimented with today in these mini-fixes for Parigi5 to test.

So, in brief, the mod hijacks the conditionals of the message system when the Player opens the phone and reports them in the MiniStat. That's the overall summary of what I'm doing... just to be clear.

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
If true then this is on me as stated above I personally code into the MiniStat's code which msg correlates to which LI and might have messed one up that hasn't been noticed before. More info would assist me in which msg you are referencing if you have that to offer.
This one shows up in the MiniStat as Ashley. It comes up along with one from Marco when Rachel's husband turns up and slaps her. It clears if you respond, so is not something that needs a quick fix or anything!

1716448271209.png

As usual, Sancho, love your work!

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Did a speed run this morning to see if there were any others. I did find some notifs that wouldn't clear, but I think (per previous replies) that this is because I wasn't on a particular path (Mallory and Sara posts). There was one notif for Ivy though where I couldn't find an Ivy post - this was at the same time Sara's "love this library" post is made. Ivy posts did come up later though, so not sure why there wasn't one at that point - is it possible it was a comment instead of a post? (See below)

With this one though, I had a notif for Sara and one for Nikki. It seemed like the Sara notif disappeared when I commented on Nikki's photo, but the Nikki notif remained. I eventually cleared the Nikki one by responding to a comment she made on Yuki's post (where someone wrote "Bitches Area" on her door).
1716455456195.png

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This one shows up in the MiniStat as Ashley. It comes up along with one from Marco when Rachel's husband turns up and slaps her. It clears if you respond, so is not something that needs a quick fix or anything!

View attachment 3662199

As usual, Sancho, love your work!
This helped me find the issue immediately, thank you.

Did a speed run this morning to see if there were any others. I did find some notifs that wouldn't clear, but I think (per previous replies) that this is because I wasn't on a particular path (Mallory and Sara posts). There was one notif for Ivy though where I couldn't find an Ivy post - this was at the same time Sara's "love this library" post is made. Ivy posts did come up later though, so not sure why there wasn't one at that point - is it possible it was a comment instead of a post? (See below)

With this one though, I had a notif for Sara and one for Nikki. It seemed like the Sara notif disappeared when I commented on Nikki's photo, but the Nikki notif remained. I eventually cleared the Nikki one by responding to a comment she made on Yuki's post (where someone wrote "Bitches Area" on her door).
View attachment 3662359
Thank you for doing this bud. This will surely help me isolate where and what the issues are. Much obliged and I'll sort it once I'm done with this other VN's (UC8) pending update that's coming out today or tomorrow.

Reactions: mintymuz

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This type of issue here is exactly why I hate coding the damn wacky phone code: when/if I'm hustling through getting an update done it's easy for me to look at the post's commenter and forgetting to cross reference to the original poster. This happens because I'm (for example of this Nikki post, Sara comment) that I'm guiding the Relp+ for Sara but the damn post is actually Nikki's.

Dollars to donuts I've done this more than even you've found... I can see that being a easy mistake for me to make constantly over time (due to how my logic works while I code).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
There was one notif for Ivy though where I couldn't find an Ivy post - this was at the same time Sara's "love this library" post is made. Ivy posts did come up later though, so not sure why there wasn't one at that point - is it possible it was a comment instead of a post?
Found it. This actual PVU Pic msg won't pop until the MC has physically met Ivy. I think it's during one of the earlier freeroams if memory serves, somewhere pre-v1.2.5).

There's two times where this is done (MC can meet Ivy for first time),
one during U9's FreeRoam:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and if missed during the U9 FR then it's during the Party's U16 FreeRoam (happens by force, not optional):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Condensed code for PVU Pic msg:
Python:
        if phone_pics_20 == 1:
            if ivy_meet == 1:
                textbutton "Hey, guys! Time to get ready to party! We'll start already tomorrow afternoon! And if you're new here then come to the party before 5 pm to participate in the raffle for freshmen!" xoffset 10:
So, writing all this out (to give proof/reason of what I say next): I think the PVU Pic msg is bugged. Why would the MC whip out his phone and comment on Ivy's old msg about the party if he didn't meet her until the actual party? So, if I were the dev I would only have the msg pop if the player met her in U9, not if he did in U16, Just my opinion of the "little things".

Last edited:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
This type of issue here is exactly why I hate coding the damn wacky phone code: when/if I'm hustling through getting an update done it's easy for me to look at the post's commenter and forgetting to cross reference to the original poster. This happens because I'm (for example of this Nikki post, Sara comment) that I'm guiding the Relp+ for Sara but the damn post is actually Nikki's.

Dollars to donuts I've done this more than even you've found... I can see that being a easy mistake for me to make constantly over time (due to how my logic works while I code).
I bet! Good job it's not an important bit though (genuine, no sarcasm!)

Found it. This actual PVU Pic msg won't pop until the MC has physically met Ivy. I think it's during one of the earlier freeroams if memory serves, somewhere pre-v1.2.5).
Ah, got it, that makes sense. As I was speeding through, I didn't stop to chat with Ivy in the dorms corridor.

Thanks again for the great mod(s) and being open to discourse on it. I need to utilise some of my free time to dropping some reviews to show my appreciation. Will get on that soon!

Reactions: Belly97

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
mintymuz,

I've updated the mod in this file (added on to Parigi5's issue fixes) so instructions are the same:

Instructions: DL the attached and drop it in the "/game" folder overwriting the original file and test if desired.

I'll keep this file live here until this weekend. If no other issues are brought up then I'll push an official "Maintenance Update" and have the links in the OP changed to incorporate these fixes into the overall mod.

Thank you both for your diligence and details of the issues.

Thanks again for the great mod(s) and being open to discourse on it.
TBH, via this VN mod and BaDIK it's due to the constant correspondence with folks that have introduced many of the latest features that are now available in almost all SanchoMod variants (across VNs). BaDIK is the largest sandbox as it now has more features coded into the mod that I can hardly keep track of anymore:ROFLMAO:. I try to take all concerns into account and if determined to have merit and/or add value for both myself and other Players then I'll certainly always do my best to make it happen. There's only a few outliers of feature requests I haven't entertained to date... but they are mostly around the idea of some folks wanting to pick a particular LI and have the mod simply play the VN kinetically for them. I'll never be a fan of this idea, personally. Way too much coding work for zero benefit other than to take the "game" out of the VN (imo).

Regards.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes