Mod Ren'Py University of Problems [v1.4.5 Extended] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
mintymuz,

I've updated the mod in this file (added on to Parigi5's issue fixes) so instructions are the same:

Instructions: DL the attached and drop it in the "/game" folder overwriting the original file and test if desired.

I'll keep this file live here until this weekend. If no other issues are brought up then I'll push an official "Maintenance Update" and have the links in the OP changed to incorporate these fixes into the overall mod.

Thank you both for your diligence and details of the issues.

TBH, via this VN mod and BaDIK it's due to the constant correspondence with folks that have introduced many of the latest features that are now available in almost all SanchoMod variants (across VNs). BaDIK is the largest sandbox as it now has more features coded into the mod that I can hardly keep track of anymore:ROFLMAO:. I try to take all concerns into account and if determined to have merit and/or add value for both myself and other Players then I'll certainly always do my best to make it happen. There's only a few outliers of feature requests I haven't entertained to date... but they are mostly around the idea of some folks wanting to pick a particular LI and have the mod simply play the VN kinetically for them. I'll never be a fan of this idea, personally. Way too much coding work for zero benefit other than to take the "game" out of the VN (imo).

Regards.
Thanks, have downloaded and will try to check later today!

I totally agree on the LI path request - the mod should help you, not play the game for you. And I love having essentially the same mod for different games, it makes everything so easy. The first thing I used to do when trying a new game was to see if there's a SanchoMod for it (until I reversed my process and just went through the list of SanchoModded games and picked out the ones I wanted to try from there!) BaDIK was the one that started it for me, because the first mod I found was an inferior one that made me go and look again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And I love having essentially the same mod for different games
This is the hardest (and most time consuming) thing for me to do... keep the aesthetic and feature locations consistent across VN's. It looks like I just copy/paste a template but it's way more complicated than that tbh. I go out of my way to insure it "feels" like a SanchoMod so once you get over the initial learning curve of it's design Core one can quickly go in and make their normal "default" preferred options and get to playing the VN without the mod interfering or being the overall experience's priority visually. I want it to feel natural and simply a part of the VN, not a tacky addon that is either intrusive or takes the dev's vision too far out of it's original context.

That's the goal anyway. It's hard to pull off if I'm being honest (for me anyway, I'm no pro imho, I just know some coding tricks). FreeRoam guides are the worst. I've found over time there's a very fine line between giving enough info and handholding. Too much either way and it falls apart, either not helping enough in general or being way overbearing and taking the "game" out of it completely. I spend most time with these FreeRoams when they are applicable. It's a tough balance and always debatable how far is too far to go with them.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
This is the hardest (and most time consuming) thing for me to do... keep the aesthetic and feature locations consistent across VN's.
Man, yeah that seems like it would be the easy part! Sucks that it's not the case.

I found a few minutes to check the recent filedrop and can confirm all the bits I noticed earlier are sorted. Thanks once again for that! Still a bit weird that if you don't chat with Ivy in the dorms, the game drops two posts from her once you chat with her outside the party. I scrolled back and cleared the earlier one though, now I know what it's all about.

Reactions: Sancho1969

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Is there anyway to use the mod to turn off the roxy path?
Mods, in general, help you with choices or cheat stats, they don't play the game for you. It's easy to skip the Roxy path just by making a couple of early decisions. In my first playthrough, I skipped it entirely by accident. You can go home instead of showering at the gym just after meeting Roxy, go early to cheerleader practice rather than walking around and meeting Roxy at the sorority house, not talk to Roxy at the party where she's drinking at the top of the stairs... If you're keen on ignoring Roxy, you'll automatically take two of those options anyway.

Roxy is really not my type of girl, but her path in this game is fascinating and wholesome to me, and absolutely my favourite. I get that won't be the case for everyone, but yeah, she's also easy to avoid.

Reactions: franklin99

franklin99

Jun 16, 2019
Mods, in general, help you with choices or cheat stats, they don't play the game for you. It's easy to skip the Roxy path just by making a couple of early decisions. In my first playthrough, I skipped it entirely by accident. You can go home instead of showering at the gym just after meeting Roxy, go early to cheerleader practice rather than walking around and meeting Roxy at the sorority house, not talk to Roxy at the party where she's drinking at the top of the stairs... If you're keen on ignoring Roxy, you'll automatically take two of those options anyway.

Roxy is really not my type of girl, but her path in this game is fascinating and wholesome to me, and absolutely my favourite. I get that won't be the case for everyone, but yeah, she's also easy to avoid.
I enjoy her path, but I was seeing if I could just MOD some changes to keep her sisters path open :). Thanks for the response!

JuninPk

Feb 25, 2020
I would like to ask a question, the mod simply didn't work for me, it even appeared in my menu, but its option doesn't appear when I'm going to make a choice or something, it doesn't show what I'm going to gain or lose... Someone tell me what what could it be?

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I would like to ask a question, the mod simply didn't work for me, it even appeared in my menu, but its option doesn't appear when I'm going to make a choice or something, it doesn't show what I'm going to gain or lose... Someone tell me what what could it be?
Which folder did you put it in? The "main" folder or the /game/ folder within the main folder? If it isn't registering, that's usually the problem - it's in the wrong spot to be properly read.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The mod says it is downloaded, but no help with choice options appears
View attachment 3675194
I know Sancho is working to perfect another mod for a recently updated VN right now (or, at this time of night, having finished it, might be sippin' a Crown and Coke and ignoring his computer for a bit :LOL:), but I think you can toggle the guide/suggestions off in the little control panel down on the lower right. Green means on, red off (if I remember correctly).

I think the one you're looking for is "Choice Guide". This first shot shows it in green as I'm hovering another of the items:
SanchoOn-Off_02.jpg

If yours is red, like the MiniStat and SanchoFont are in mine, that probably means the suggestions are disengaged.

Just hover over it, if it's red, I'm guessing the pop up message will read "Enables Choice Guide", rather than "Disables Choice Guide" as mine says. Just click it to see if it changes to green. If so, you should be good. I think you may have to check on every route if you have multiple.
SanchoOn-Off_01.jpg

I'm actually in the midst of another VN with SanchoMod, but this feature is the same for all VNs he serves.

Good luck.

JuninPk

Feb 25, 2020
I know Sancho is working to perfect another mod for a recently updated VN right now (or, at this time of night, having finished it, might be sippin' a Crown and Coke and ignoring his computer for a bit :LOL:), but I think you can toggle the guide/suggestions off in the little control panel down on the lower right. Green means on, red off (if I remember correctly).

I think the one you're looking for is "Choice Guide". This first shot shows it in green as I'm hovering another of the items:
View attachment 3675239

If yours is red, like the MiniStat and SanchoFont are in mine, that probably means the suggestions are disengaged.

Just hover over it, if it's red, I'm guessing the pop up message will read "Enables Choice Guide", rather than "Disables Choice Guide" as mine says. Just click it to see if it changes to green. If so, you should be good. I think you may have to check on every route if you have multiple.
View attachment 3675240

I'm actually in the midst of another VN with SanchoMod, but this feature is the same for all VNs he serves.

Good luck.
hey, thank you, I managed to solve the problem on my own, but I appreciate your effort and help, thank you

Reactions: ThorinKing

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I enjoy her path, but I was seeing if I could just MOD some changes to keep her sisters path open :). Thanks for the response!
Are you asking how to keep Natalie's path open? If so she doesn't have a path. The dev scrapped her as a potential LI and replaced her with Nikki as an LI. Natalie hasn't received a new scene since U18, we're currently on U25 so some 7 updates backn now.
You can trust me on this Natalie out / Nikki in LI change... the dev even took Natalie out of his phone cheats and put Nikki in place... or I should say Shaddy's old phone cheats.... a story for another day though.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes