Mod - Ren'Py - Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

1. 5.00 star(s)

knyght

Extremely useful tool to prevent pointless grind. I have found it very useful specially in variable editing. The branch monitoring is also fun if a bit more limited.

The only missing features that i have seen, are variable freezing(the use case being prevent money/hp/items decreasing) and the ability to search for arrays like Player.Items or Player. Status that are used sometimes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Mr. TotoJ

Perhaps the most helpful Ren'py game tools created. Personally I use to alter game stats if the grind system in a game is boring/repetitive.

But most of all, a recent update allows it to show you path changes withing a game (and the necessary conditions required). This is one of the most important things I use this mod for, and it's updated fairly consistently.

TL;DR

5/5 Tool, easy for stat altering and understanding path/choice requirements.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

URMfollower22

Let's start at the beginning... I'm dumb. I was looking for a "post review" button and found out it was clicking on the stars.

So, how is this relevant to the review of URM 1.9.3?

A guy like me can use URM. The learning curve is just right. I can change variables, click on paths, and rename characters and text.

Stuck with a game with no in built WT? Check the numbers. Change them with URM.

Paths seem to need "psychic players" that somehow had to know 12 episodes ago that they had to say "yes" to red flowers as a gift? Check the hidden paths. Click on it and continue.

The text replacement is the best thing ever.

Like incest? Change the text. Fap.
    Like NTR? Change the text. Fap.
    Like pregnancy? Change the text. Fap.
    Like... well... you get the point.

All in the lewd picture, as if the text was made by the creators of the game.

No need to add please add "XXX" to game threads. View the pretty pictures. Customize your experience... all because of URM.

Plus, really friendly Dev and community. 5 stars is earned.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ashwani2659

Using someone else's review since im lazy. But felt the need to give 5 star.
    Using it on literally 95% of the games I play. Extremely useful, nice UI, very well coded, and very easy to use. Goes very well with other mods as well. Never had a problem with the mod interfering with another mod. Easily deserving 5 stars. Well done!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

CCrusader

Using it on literally 95% of the games I play. Extremely useful, nice UI, very well coded, and very easy to use. Goes very well with other mods as well. Never had a problem with the mod interfering with another mod. Easily deserving 5 stars. Well done!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

pkripem

It's so good I put it in my signature!! I don't review or post much here, but this mod/ game changer needs more attention. Thanks Ox52.
    The basics are easy to use, some of the other options take a little practice. That being said, it's still easy and user friendly.

I give this 5 out of 5 stars.
    It's got a good beat and you can dance to it. -A.B.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Belzeebub$

What a thing??? I donot know whether to call it a mod or not. For me it is more than a mod, it is an all round thing to do anything with a game without screwing up the codes. Thank you 0x52 for this very very much. Keep it up (y) (y) (y)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Kew Ball

Best thing to happen for Ren'Py games, I use it on just about every one. It doesn't work with the newer release of ren'py, but oh well, it works on most and makes grinding a thing of the past. Hopefully it will receive an update soon.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

CheerMaster

v1.4.1
    This is just amazing, truly, you have no way to mess up the instalation, and it's really easy to use.
    I'm the kind of player that uses Save Editor to modify currencies and boring stuff from some farming games and this does wonders with that.
    As if that wasn't enough you also are shown the way your choices alter the variables and flags the game tracks, and to top it off, you can track the variables you are interested in, and have them show on a sidebar.
    I'm a simple man and I've only used it for basic stuff, but dude, this is stacked, from top to bottom, like, this is the best wingman a man playing Renpy stuff could ask for.
    Seriously, this is a marvelous piece of work, and imho, it's an absolute must for everyone.
    One last thing, allow me to return this you dropped, king.

10. 5.00 star(s)

MyGirlsNowYoink

Some really good shit here looking forward to where this goes. Keep up the good work my man. Man But I suggest making the mod a little bit more user friendly since it took me a while to figuring everything out on my own.

Edit: The creator is very open to suggestion and the mod is getting updates every now and than deep respect for 0x52 for continuing to work on this.

Version: 1.13
    Edit 2: Still going strong like I was saying before this is an ABSOLUTE necessary and life support tool if you play ren'py engine games, atleast for me. Some of these renpy games now days are way to grindy and I have nothing against people who like a grind but to much is a over kill for me. It's not even the grind that makes it useful it's all the useful features that comes with it. No need to fear missing a scene just cause you didn't meet a check point at a certain point in the game. Literally rearrange the guts of the game. (Dec 11, 2022)<3

Version: 1.13.3
    God bless my brother. (y)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Boehser Onkel

works for 99% of the games here

it is the greatest mod you can have
    no need to search for extern save edits etc
    the support is outstanding
    if you ask for help- you get it

a big thanks to 0x52 from me - makes a lot games more fun to play
    :love:
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Notme!

This really comes in handy. There is a quick learning curve but the interface with the search function helps a lot.

I had a hard drive crash and couldn't recover most of the games I follow. I was able to use this mod to download saves and then change names/features to where I had prior to the crash.

Thanks a lot for putting this together!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

TheSidewinder

I started using this mod when it was version 0.2.4 and was already hooked. The latest version 0.4 improved the mod very nicely.

Just extract the one file inside the ZIP to your /game/ folder and you're good.

You can search for variables, but if you're struggling, just install Unren and use its function to list the variables. Once you have those you can build a list of the variables you want, save the list, and more.

A solid 5 stars on this.

EDIT: The new version 0.5.1 is a HUGE improvement to an already-good mod. If I could give ten stars, I would.

FURTHER EDIT: And the new v0.6 makes it even better.
    Can't recommend this mod highly enough for all those RenPy games where you want to.... adjust.... the game's variables to suit your taste.

AND ANOTHER EDIT: Now on version 0.7.4 and it just keeps getting better. You now use ALT-M rather than SHIFT-M (so you can name your characters using a capital M without the mod popping up).

AND EDITING AN EDIT: v1.3.2 improves the previous features nicely, my favorite is the new sorting option. This is definitely a "MUST HAVE" addition to your utilities for RenPy.

One more edit for v1.4.1 ... Features keep getting added and this utility... just. keeps. getting. better.

EDIT for v1.5.1 So here it is, a year and a half after my initial review, and this utility just keeps... getting... better... yet again. Download it, learn how it works, and you may find you don't actually need a walkthrough for a fair number of games.