Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can anyone help me with the game "Knightly Passions" - (steam) https://f95zone.to/threads/knightly-passions-v1-03-steam-gold-feyada.50488/ , at the beginning the mod worked normally - it showed the variables and allowed me to edit them, but after the first fight I can't run the mod, has anyone had a similar problem?
Code:
Thu May  2 04:50:37 2024
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.6.3.23091805

Bootstrap to the start of init.init. took 0.05s
Early init. took 0.00s
Loader init. took 0.03s
Loading error handling. took 0.06s
Loading script. took 1.69s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.08s
Loading persistent. took 0.01s
Initialized steam.
Set script version to: (7, 6, 3)
- Init at Resources/live2d_animations.rpyc:29 took 0.41456 s.
- Init at __eliont__/initial_setup.rpyc:5 took 0.62302 s.
- Init at 0x52-URM/classes/main.rpyc:178 took 0.40791 s.
Running init code. took 2.09s
Loading analysis data. took 0.19s
Analyze and compile ATL. took 0.01s
Reloading save slot metadata. took 0.04s
Index archives took 0.01s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache. took 0.00s
Making clean stores. took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.18s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object. took 0.27s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.20s
Build styles took 0.01s
Load screen analysis took 0.13s
Analyze screens took 0.01s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.60s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.34s
Save bytecode. took 0.14s
Running _start took 0.01s
Performance test:
Interface start. took 0.32s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Fullscreen mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 552.12'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096
0x52: Failed to process variable changes. 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
0x52: Failed to process variable changes. 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
You mean it doesn't show up anymore (not notifications and nothing when you press Alt+M) at a certain point?
Does URM work again if you restart the game? If not, could you share your save.

I am having an issue (Win11 / URM 2.1.4 and before) with Project Myriam regarding custom dialogue boxes.
I can create and change any settings, but as sson as I am touching the sliders for text box back ground colours, the game freezes and can only be stopped using the task manager.
The issue seems game specific, so I am wondering if there would at all be chance to ge this sorted?
Took me a while to figure out what's causing this. But this seems to be a bug in Ren'Py 7.4.1. It was fixed in 7.4.5.
You could try this using the to fix the issue.

Reactions: Cyrix72 and Feyd

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
You mean it doesn't show up anymore (not notifications and nothing when you press Alt+M) at a certain point?
Does URM work again if you restart the game? If not, could you share your save.
Yes, it doesn't work at all, as if it wasn't installed. (although it is) Generally, I noticed that urm stops working right after the first fight, below I will add 3 saves, 1 in which it was still working, 2 right after the fight, and 3 the last save.

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
*cough* Roadmap in the OP *cough*

Love that it's on the roadmap, and I'm really looking forward to it being implemented. Ever since the "stop skipping on notification" option(which I love) was added, the need for ignored paths has become so much more apparent. I-patches, Koga mods w/music, etc. add so many unimportant paths, that pop up on nearly every line. Have to turn the option off on a lot of games, just to be able to skip without wearing out the CTRL key. It also gets rather frustrating having to check the notifications after nearly every line of dialogue, because it's the only way to make sure I don't miss an important var check.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Yes, it doesn't work at all, as if it wasn't installed. (although it is) Generally, I noticed that urm stops working right after the first fight, below I will add 3 saves, 1 in which it was still working, 2 right after the fight, and 3 the last save.
Created a fix for this. Extract the attached file into the "game" folder.

- edit -
Some details for whom is interested. The game closes all screens after loading a save, which also kills URM.
The fix prevents the game from closing URM screens, but still allows other screens to be closed, because I assume there's a reason why they're doing this.

Last edited:

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017

- edit -
Some details for whom is interested. The game closes all screens after loading a save, which also kills URM.
The fix prevents the game from closing URM screens, but still allows other screens to be closed, because I assume there's a reason why they're doing this.
Thanks a lot

saarlewder

Apr 17, 2024

- edit -
I hope this maks it into the next update.

hsehsing

Jul 11, 2017
Any plans for making editing vars easier?

Like a direct toggle button for bool?
-100,-10,-1,+1,+10,+100 button for int/float
and maybe a direct text field for strings

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I hope this maks it into the next update.
It will not. Because it's something game specific.
The posted fix should keep working for future updates of the game.

Any plans for making editing vars easier?

Like a direct toggle button for bool?
-100,-10,-1,+1,+10,+100 button for int/float
and maybe a direct text field for strings
It has been requested before and might be added in a future release.

Reactions: hsehsing

Tickvick

Jan 15, 2019
Can you look into "Godson Remake"? Mod is not working properly with that, getting error after searching variables.

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can you look into "Godson Remake? Mod is not working properly with that, getting error after searching variables.
Maybe you could share the error you're getting, that would be very helpful.
Also, see this:
Reporting an issue
When reporting an issue with URM, please include the information below:
  • Are you using the latest version of URM?
  • Which game has the issue (preferable a link to the game's thread)
  • If it's a crash (grey screen) attach the "traceback.txt" file
  • What did you do that caused the issue?
  • Attach a screenshot of the issue (if possible)
  • When URM gave an error (not a grey crash screen), check the log.txt file for lines starting with "0x52:"
  • What OS are you on?
  • Do you have any other mods installed? Does the issue still exist without the other mod(s)?

MQH

Jan 28, 2018
I was playing Neko Paradise and I cannot call out the mod using alt+m shortcut.

When I checked the console log I get a lot of
" 0x52: Failed to process variable changes. 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' "

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
I was playing Neko Paradise and I cannot call out the mod using alt+m shortcut.

When I checked the console log I get a lot of
" 0x52: Failed to process variable changes. 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' "
This log doesn't seem related.
Can you open URM again when you reload the game or when you start a new game?
Do you still get notifications about paths or choices when you cannot open URM?

DaddyYNWA

Jan 13, 2024
First time using URM with My Cute Cousin.

I tried searching "clear monitored notification" before posting but couldn't find anything related.

1) I've a bunch of monitored variables that I may not find reason to change and thus don't click on it. As these build up overtime, they block interacting with the game ui and menu behind it. Is there any quick way to clear all such notifications or otherwise have a user configurable auto clear timeout? Manually clicking on each notification to close it is tedious, more so with issue 2 below.

2)Not sure if it's game or URM bug but each monitored variable produces more than one notification for a single action so the notification list becomes even longer.

Appreciate any advice.

TheKingTermux

Jan 19, 2021
Please add group in variable table, for example create group with name manually and insert stored variable (remembered variable) into groub to reduce lag in variable table for laptop/PCs with low specs

For example:
Create groub (created manualy)
Change groub name (changed manualy)
MC groub for MC stats, etc (added variables manualy)
Can you add this feature to wish list?
- Automatically appends to groub variables (if groub is already created).
- Can store "drop down" variables (variables inside drop down included).
- Edit multiple variables.
- Added multiple variables (with select / checklist section).
Thanks
Will this still be a WIP or what?

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes