Unity - Abandoned - Uni Dreams [v0.3] [Supersy Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.1...

Originally Reviewed on 12/27/2017

From what I could see, this VN/Game isn't too bad, but has several bugs that make it impossible to play the entire demo...

Visually the characters are good and so are the backdrops... The navigation map looked pretty cool and the UI seemed to work well... The save game feature doesn't work right though, as when you load a saved game it's not exactly where you saved it... An example, when I saved the game right after visiting the nurses office, when I load that save spot it shows me outside the nurses office but it goes through several screens of dialogue (which I had already gone through prior to the save) and then stops without allowing you to exit the dialogue, which I assume is several bugs in one... The character visuals for the nurse were slightly far fetched, mostly because no professional nurse employee I've ever seen or heard of dresses like that while at work... Colleges tend to have dress codes for their employees, and that dress was extremely revealing...

The script has some broken English as well as some spelling/grammar errors, but not bad enough that I couldn't understand most of it... The plot seems to be that of a detective mystery involving the male protagonist acting as a undercover janitor in an all girls college, helping out a family friend to discover any plots against the school... Up until the game kept getting stuck, I was actually enjoying the VN/Game as it seemed to have a decent amount of deep story brewing... There were a few moments of confusion and disbelief, like the fact that even though it was an all female college, not allowing men to work on the staff is a bit far fetched (never heard of an all female college discriminating against male employees before, at least not legally in most countries that I'm aware of), but it wasn't too immersion breaking that I couldn't play along with it...

The bugs first revealed themselves with the save games, and the bug that kept me from continuing to play this demo... Every time I went to the Handicap Restroom in order to get the urine sample for the nurse... The protagonist would go to the hallway outside the restroom and then get stuck there... The UI would be nonexistent, you couldn't click on anything, and save game would not work... I tried it several times from both a New Game and skipping the introduction... No matter what, when I followed the story line to go get the urine sample, the game would halt at the hallway, done... Which made it impossible to play any further...

Overall, the game looks visually appealing and I love the plot/story up to the point were I got stuck... It appears up till that point that the VN/Game is focusing on a deep and interesting story with some mysteries to solve... How it plays after that I'm unsure, but I do hope it continues to be story driven... There does need to be some more proofreading and perhaps a better English translation/interpretation... But I did enjoy the story and plot for the most part... I will most likely revisit this VN/Game a little later into development to see if the bugs get worked out, and other things I already mentioned... Hopefully it continues to keep going with the story focus, but only time will tell...