• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

flyingfalcon65

May 11, 2017
Hey all, this game is pretty neat. One question - is there any benefit in being submissive toward the others? Like does being submissive open up any opportunities to manipulate the other candidates or get ahead of the competition somehow? Right now it seems to me like you need to dom the others in order to win.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Hey all, this game is pretty neat. One question - is there any benefit in being submissive toward the others? Like does being submissive open up any opportunities to manipulate the other candidates or get ahead of the competition somehow? Right now it seems to me like you need to dom the others in order to win.
Acting submissive can sometimes have benefits, in conversation it can be a way of "defusing" a character that is growing angry.

Also depending on the character you are dealing with and their current mood, inviting to sex with yourself as the submissive can have a higher chance of acceptance than otherwise. Also having higher relationships scores, submissiveness included, is a way of making sure the character's attention is primarily on you, if that attention is a positive or negative thing it can really depend on your situation, but things like them asking you to follow them around can be a easy way of farming favor, which you can later use for your own benefits.

Now going as far as becoming another character's servant? I don't think there are benefits to that. You can do it for roleplay reasons if you want to prop another candidate up and help them be the winner instead of yourself. Becoming another character's pupil in theory can help you train better, as you will gain more experience from training with your tutor, but in practice it is kind of messy since I don't think you can pick what your tutor will take you to train, making it unreliable if you're trying to increase a specific stat.

Might be interesting in the future if a character can be tempted into "buying" a temporary relationship with you, something like they ask you to become their servant, you refuse, they make the offer again in exchange for something like 30 favor with them. Kinda sounds like prostitution though and I don't know if the dev wants that in the game lol.

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022
I am not entirely surely if winning is the goal. We got no hint on what the endings will be no? But i will say that it can be useful to let someone mentor you if you are fine with getting training in random stats, especially on lower difficulties where your XP gain is low.

It also farms a bit of relation during training period

Last edited:

ronney

May 6, 2017
What day are you in? What was the last story event you played? And send me your latest save where this happens frequently if possible.
It happened on day 16 i think the last story event if this counts is the one where you ask mir if the flowers are hiding from you. I notice it occured when the rest group were traveling together without me.

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
It happened on day 16 i think the last story event if this counts is the one where you ask mir if the flowers are hiding from you. I notice it occured when the rest group were traveling together without me.
I can't replicate it, so it might be due to a rare combination of things the NPCs are doing on their own, especially if you get that error message while you're just walking around the map. I'll keep an eye on it though. Still, I couldn't help but notice that the size of your save is notoriously large in comparison to saves from recent versions. If you used the line from PonyWarrior 's cheats post to re-enable going back in passages and you're saving the game directly into your browser, you might be overloading the browser's local memory, which is known to provoke all sorts of issues.

I am not entirely surely if winning is the goal. We got no hint on what the endings will be no?
The goal is roleplaying as your character, and for most people that will imply trying to become High Priestess, but others might decide that supporting another Candidate with a similar enough worldview and goals is also a good compromise.

ronney

May 6, 2017
I can't replicate it, so it might be due to a rare combination of things the NPCs are doing on their own, especially if you get that error message while you're just walking around the map. I'll keep an eye on it though. Still, I couldn't help but notice that the size of your save is notoriously large in comparison to saves from recent versions. If you used the line from PonyWarrior 's cheats post to re-enable going back in passages and you're saving the game directly into your browser, you might be overloading the browser's local memory, which is known to provoke all sorts of issues.
/QUOTE]
I also couldn't replicate it was probably like you said a rare combo and the large memory usage. I will try clearing the cookies and related data

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Do we have a guide somewhere?
There is a txt file in the game's folder named "Provisional Guide", it gives some general explanations and tips regarding game mechanics.

The dev's changelog posts in their patreon usually contain in-depth explanations of how the events in the game work (as in, how many stats you need to unlock certain options, conditions to trigger different events, etc). I don't know if all of those have been compiled anywhere so it might take a bit of work to gather everything.

Some other basic features are explained as you play the game. Don't know if there are any other guides, or how useful they would be considering some stuff in the game is randomized.

rydoh

Apr 29, 2018
getting an issue where if i unlock a npc on there last day of service they stay locked forever after that day
1707286437479.png 1707286409540.png

Unable to put a new one on to correct as the slot is "used"

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

rydoh

Apr 29, 2018
Are you unlocking them through the personal room menu or through in-map conversation option?
the in-map conversation option it will have the unlocked (placed by x) then when the item comes off it flips to locked with no other info as seen above maybe the way endstate changes then gets canceled so it goes back to locked

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
the in-map conversation option it will have the unlocked (placed by x) then when the item comes off it flips to locked with no other info as seen above maybe the way endstate changes then gets canceled so it goes back to locked
I still can't replicate it. Tell me if this diverges from what's happening to you at some point:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Character has a bodypart locked by an item.

I unlock it through conversation option.

The character still has the item "equipped", but the bodypart is free, thanks to the altered state that will be removed by the end of the day.

By the next day, both the item and the altered state are removed, and the bodypart is free. No issues found.

I remember there being an issue in the code's logic where the altered state would be removed *after* the item was unequipped, but that got fixed many, many versions ago. Are you playing on a much older version of the game? Do you know if something else happened to that character during the rest of the day?

While I'm interested in finding what's causing the issue, the fastest way to fix your save would be by editing it directly, either through the browser console or through an external app. I can do it if you don't know how.

rydoh

Apr 29, 2018
Looks the same to me, i was playing the 4.2 free version that was listed here, i was able to correct it after taking a peak around ill try to recreate it again later just to see if i can generate it again i did it two times with nash the other day

rydoh

Apr 29, 2018
was able to recreate it but it wasn't quite the steps i though that caused it i remembered i moved the belt to a diff character and that's what caused it
last day
1707430366147.png unlock in chat as you showed 1707430384884.png unequip at end of day as i didn't have 2 at the time 1707430636861.png then the following day perm locked 1707430657522.png so it looks like the conflict may be if you unlock and remove the item the night following the item timing may not be a factor will try to recreate without the time factor

was able to recreate it without the serv time being a factor, the issue is if you unlock it and manually remove it at the end of that same day.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
was able to recreate it but it wasn't quite the steps i though that caused it i remembered i moved the belt to a diff character and that's what caused it
last day
View attachment 3338198 unlock in chat as you showed View attachment 3338199 unequip at end of day as i didn't have 2 at the time View attachment 3338279 then the following day perm locked View attachment 3338281 so it looks like the conflict may be if you unlock and remove the item the night following the item timing may not be a factor will try to recreate without the time factor

was able to recreate it without the serv time being a factor, the issue is if you unlock it and manually remove it at the end of that same day.
Thanks a ton! Finally managed to replicate it and thus code a solution. It'll be implemented in the next update.

4.30 star(s) 23 Votes